Stackable Washer/Dryer

CityGrl

Time for a nap
I know this is a boring topic, but we're in the market for a new stackable washer and dryer.

(On a side note: I have become old because I am actually excited about this! :bawl:)

Can anyone recommend a good brand for stackable washers and dryers? We want to spend around $1000.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Does it have to be stackable?

Just think....if one of the parts requires replacement, the other workable portion becomes unusable to you. If you buy separate pieces, at least you can repair or replace the piece that is broked.

Also, the size of the loads is much smaller in stackable units. I'd rather do one HUGE load of laundry instead of three smaller loads.

Let me check my Consumer Reports web link to see if they have a write up on stackable units. brb

We have a Maytag stackable. It has worked awesome for the 10 months that we've had it. :yay: It fits a queen size comforter. I'm not sure what model we have, I'll have to play on the internet to find it.

JTross

JTross
CityGrl said:
I know this is a boring topic, but we're in the market for a new stackable washer and dryer.

(On a side note: I have become old because I am actually excited about this! :bawl:)

Can anyone recommend a good brand for stackable washers and dryers? We want to spend around $1000.

I will honestly say we currently have a stackable washer and dryer, and I absolutely HATE it! It is horrible and cannot stand it! I will say if its a tight space they are great for not required as much space. But we live in a condo so ours in the small stackable, and I really would never think about getting another! As far the extra large ones, they may be different.

OK...Here's what we have:

Washer:
http://www.bizrate.com/washers_dryers/pid294979552/information.html

Dryer:
http://www.bizrate.com/washers_dryers/pid294979609/information.html

We were looking for something that would fit in the RV, but was more than your typical RV washer/dryer. I would say that it exceeded our expectations. I can do pretty big loads with it, I fill the washer up all the way, and everything seems to get washed fine. We usually have to run the dryer twice. I'd say shop around and look at everything. We bought ours at Home Depot in Oklahoma before moving here. But we shopped around for a couple of months looking at every different brand and looking at the different options on all of them. Ultimately we had to go with what we did because of the size of the closet that we had. (or else we would have ended up with the w/d that is always on the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition show on Sunday nights). Have fun!!

morganj614

I have a full size, heavy duty Frigidaire stackable because of limited space and I love it. I got it at Lowes and they took away the old one :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I checked Consumer Reports and didn't find any reviews or ratings on stackable units. Sorry.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Are you looking for an Apt sized stackable, or a full size stackable?? I mean, if you have some carpentry skills, can't ANY washer and dryer be stackable? Especially if they are front loading??

Last edited:

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Thanks for all of the info!

It has to be stackable due to space constraints, so we're kind of stuck.

The one we have now I believe may have been new when the house was built (1984), so obviously it's old. It takes 4 or 5 dry cycles to dry our clothes. Let me tell you how much fun that is...:sarcasm:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
itsbob said:
Are you looking for an Apt sized stackable, or a full size stackable?? I mean, if you have some carpeting skills, can't ANY washer and dryer be stackable? Especially if they are front loading??
Huh? Did you mean carpentry? :shrug: Me don't understand.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I said carpentry in my head.. my fingers typed carpeting..

What, your washer and dryer aren't carpeted??

CityGrl

Time for a nap
teverheart2002 said:
OK...Here's what we have:

Washer:
http://www.bizrate.com/washers_dryers/pid294979552/information.html

Dryer:
http://www.bizrate.com/washers_dryers/pid294979609/information.html

We were looking for something that would fit in the RV, but was more than your typical RV washer/dryer. I would say that it exceeded our expectations. I can do pretty big loads with it, I fill the washer up all the way, and everything seems to get washed fine. We usually have to run the dryer twice. I'd say shop around and look at everything. We bought ours at Home Depot in Oklahoma before moving here. But we shopped around for a couple of months looking at every different brand and looking at the different options on all of them. Ultimately we had to go with what we did because of the size of the closet that we had. (or else we would have ended up with the w/d that is always on the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition show on Sunday nights). Have fun!!

Hey tev, Can these be placed on top of one another?

CityGrl said:
Hey tev, Can these be placed on top of one another?

Sorry for the late response. But yes, they are stackable. In fact when we bought them from Home Depot they didn't have the thing that puts them together, whatever that is. So we tied them together with a cargo strap. :yay: It has worked so far.

abbey

abbey normal
CityGrl said:

I bought a new maytag washer last year and a maytag dryer, the neptune series, they have both broken down within a year, we have warrenties but still a major pain. I went online to complain, and I realized I was not alone, they have a section on their customer service page for a front loader washer settlement, unfortunately I do not have a front loader wash machine, but still the same series name, so there is no settlement for mine yet, maybe in a year or 2. So just a warning, not sure what is going on with maytag, but I don't believe they are the quality products I grew up believing that they were.
Oh and also Sears tried to rip us off, they are not authorized to work on maytag products after the first year warrenty, also before even cracking open the dryer to see what was wrong they wanted to order a whole new section of the unit, we refused (it would have been over 900. we could have bought a new one for that) anyways the maytag service guy came out and the part is 40. so be careful