81 cj7

corollinout

1981 CJ7. Runs good, mostly new parts. Wired for a radio. Most of the parts that aren't new on it, I have and just haven't had the time to install. Asking $3000 or best offer. Only thing you will need to buy is a passenger seat. 4" Rough Country Lift with 33" tires.

Attachments

• 560336_3134721096533_230530474_n.jpg
    560336_3134721096533_230530474_n.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 142

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hmm. My biz partner has one that has a rare AMC 360 AMX motor in it...evil thing that motor. But the body is shot to heck.

corollinout

It's a straight 6. SR4 4 speed trans, Dana 300 transfer case, AMC 20 rear axle, and Dana 30 front axle. I did a lot of repairs from the frame up over the past 3 years. I don't want to sell it but I kind of have to.

mamatutu

mama to two
I would look good in that! All I need is a top and doors. The windblown look doesn't suit me!:lol: Someone will enjoy that very much! I am sure it won't last long. I sold a vehicle on somd classifieds last year, and it sold in a day!

corollinout

Thank you! I have been messing with cars for quite a few years. Mostly for cars shows, this is the biggest project I took on.

corollinout

Yeah. I've had inquires but to buyers yet. Someone was supposed to come by today, but they bought something else last night.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Looks nice. I had a '78 CJ7 with the straight 6 that I bought new before I got transferred to Maine.
In first gear low range you could get out and walk alongside the car as it idled down the road.
When I bought it the dealer swapped out the back seat for a set of 5 snow tires and I threw a big bean bag chair in the back if I had extra folks riding

If I had an extra $3k I be over to buy it

Last edited:

corollinout

Thanks. I had a YJ is high school and missed it when I sold it. So I bought this one three years ago with only 1 shackle holding the suspension together on each corner, 3 inches of bondo down the passenger side and the rear frame rails were crushed. Now it's drivable, in fact I drove it around this morning. Had to get a for sale sign from the hardware store.

RPMDAD

That is the 4.0 Liter straight 6 cyl engine. They are bullet proof, just like aps, if i had the cash i would be on my down there now to check it out.