Do you have one of these phones?

I'm in the market for a new cell phone. I'm having a lot of trouble with my Nokia keeping a charge (yes, I've tried replacing the battery). I need a phone that will get good reception in the sticks.

So, I've narrowed it down to two choices:

1. Sony Ericsson Z525a
2. LG CU500

If you have one of these, let me know what you think. Give it to me straight, I can handle it. :wink:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Speedy70 said:
I'm in the market for a new cell phone. I'm having a lot of trouble with my Nokia keeping a charge (yes, I've tried replacing the battery). I need a phone that will get good reception in the sticks.

1. Sony Ericsson Z525a
2. LG CU500

If you have one of these, let me know what you think. Give it to me straight, I can handle it. :wink:

IMO...Is it so much the phone or the service....I get better reception with Verizon than I did with Cingular...Don't the towers have something to do with it? Maybe it is your service...But if the battery keeps going down, maybe it is the phone or maybe even the charger....

rack'm

Jaded
Speedy70 said:

1. Sony Ericsson Z525a

I had one of these for as long as it took them to get my Motorola to me.

It sucked ass, terrible signal and would drop calls left and right.

I love my V557 though.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
When your phone is in a weak service area or constantly going in and out of service it will drain the battery 3 times as fast. I had one of them new razr phones. It was in my pocket all day never used it, after work I only had one battery bar. I was in Leesburg so it was always trying to connect. I traded it that phone for an A950 and the battery would only drop one bar out there.

Dupontster said:
IMO...Is it so much the phone or the service....I get better reception with Verizon than I did with Cingular...Don't the towers have something to do with it? Maybe it is your service...But if the battery keeps going down, maybe it is the phone or maybe even the charger....
Cell reception is part tower (service) and part phone. I can make calls in areas that my buddy can't, even though we both have Verizon.

Dupontster said:

Yes, it can depend on the service but it also depends on the phone. I had a Motorola years ago that got terrible reception at my parents house, but a girl at Cingular recommended the Nokia I have now and boy was she right. I can sit in my parents living room and make phone calls. I was never able to do that before.

Do chargers go bad? :confused:

rack'm said:
I had one of these for as long as it took them to get my Motorola to me.

It sucked ass, terrible signal and would drop calls left and right.

I love my V557 though.

Really? I've read great reviews on it. Now I'm really confused. :jameo:

That particular Motorola is not one of my upgrade choices. :ohwell:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
This all makes a lot of sense for me.

Dupontster said:

Magnum said:
When your phone is in a weak service area or constantly going in and out of service it will drain the battery 3 times as fast. I had one of them new razr phones. It was in my pocket all day never used it, after work I only had one battery bar. I was in Leesburg so it was always trying to connect. I traded it that phone for an A950 and the battery would only drop one bar out there.

Lately, all of my calls are dropped. I dial people back constantly once I am in this area. My phone dies or sometimes the call ends. When I try to call the network is busy or some memory error message. I have Cingular and am about to cancel right now. Because Verizon is what I want. I have the Motorola Camera Phone Silver one V220 I believe. I hate that phone. Going with that Verizon PDA joint.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
LexiGirl75 said:
Lately, all of my calls are dropped. I dial people back constantly once I am in this area. My phone dies or sometimes the call ends. When I try to call the network is busy or some memory error message. I have Cingular and am about to cancel right now. Because Verizon is what I want. I have the Motorola Camera Phone Silver one V220 I believe. I hate that phone. Going with that Verizon PDA joint.
I have a Nextel BlackBerry and a Verizon Samsung.
Nextel just sucks, system always busy, It's sad that 70% of my trip to and home from work I have no service. My Verizon has a little better reception but I don't think I like it that much. I think it's more my phone than my service on the verizon. It's always really hard to hear and understand people, they sound like they are mumbling, they say the same about me. I will hang up and call from my Nextel and it's as clear as can be.... even with no bars of service :lmao:

Magnum said:
I have a Nextel BlackBerry and a Verizon Samsung.
Nextel just sucks, system always busy, It's sad that 70% of my trip to and home from work I have no service. My Verizon has a little better reception but I don't think I like it that much. I think it's more my phone than my service on the verizon. It's always really hard to hear and understand people, they sound like they are mumbling, they say the same about me. I will hang up and call from my Nextel and it's as clear as can be.... even with no bars of service :lmao:

I concur. Nextel sucks.