Are there any...

Angel

~*~*~
German Restaurant's in the area?

When I lived in Maine we had two awesome German Restaurant's in our town. I miss them terribly and have never seen or heard of any in Southern Maryland. Does anybody know of a place nearby, even Baltimore or DC would be fine, where I can get my Warsteiner and Rindsroulade fix?

Angel

~*~*~
Mikeinsmd said:
Olde Stein Inn in Edgewater. http://www.oldstein-inn.com/ AWESOME real German beer!!! :yay:
:huggy: Thanks Mike!

Just looking at the website it appears to have the same atmosphere as the places I went to in Maine. I think the man and I will have to take a trip and check the place out. One day I'd actually like to make it over to Germany for the real experience.

Pete

Repete
Angel said:
German Restaurant's in the area?

When I lived in Maine we had two awesome German Restaurant's in our town. I miss them terribly and have never seen or heard of any in Southern Maryland. Does anybody know of a place nearby, even Baltimore or DC would be fine, where I can get my Warsteiner and Rindsroulade fix?
Ahhhh Richards in Brunswick and Old Munich in Topsham :yum: I had totally forgotten about them.

Angel

~*~*~
Pete said:
Ahhhh Richards in Brunswick and Old Munich in Topsham :yum: I had totally forgotten about them.
Exactly the two places I was talking about! The Man and I loved both places equally. The bread at Richards and the Brats at Old Munich! :yum:

greyhound

Pete said:

Oh Pete...You forgot to tell me that "The Sea Dog in Bangor" was the hot night spot for all of Maine.

Mikeinsmd

Angel said:
:huggy: Thanks Mike!

Just looking at the website it appears to have the same atmosphere as the places I went to in Maine. I think the man and I will have to take a trip and check the place out. One day I'd actually like to make it over to Germany for the real experience.
Go to this place. You'll love it!!! They are authentic as the bier they serve.

Pete

Repete
greyhound said:
Oh Pete...You forgot to tell me that "The Sea Dog in Bangor" was the hot night spot for all of Maine.
:killingme It isn't just Bangor. Funny thing about Maine. In all 3 towns I lived in the best/most popular bars were directly across the street from the police department. You have to remember, in Maine the people stay inside 95% of the time for 9 months out of 12. Bowling and pool are Olympic events.

greyhound

Pete said:
:killingme It isn't just Bangor. Funny thing about Maine. In all 3 towns I lived in the best/most popular bars were directly across the street from the police department. You have to remember, in Maine the people stay inside 95% of the time for 9 months out of 12. Bowling and pool are Olympic events.

We stopped at the Sea Dog on Saturday night, live band (they were great), the place was so crowded everyone was shoulder to shoulder. The lobster was great!!!!!!!

Pete

Repete
greyhound said:
We stopped at the Sea Dog on Saturday night, live band (they were great), the place was so crowded everyone was shoulder to shoulder. The lobster was great!!!!!!!
With all the lobster places in Maine you had lobster at Sea Dog? For shame.

greyhound

Pete said:
With all the lobster places in Maine you had lobster at Sea Dog? For shame.

Haaaaa....it was your recommendation.....We did have lobster rolls at a local place and took a trip to Camdon.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
Olde Stein Inn in Edgewater. http://www.oldstein-inn.com/ AWESOME real German beer!!! :yay:

:drool: I didn't even know that was there. I'd love to check it out some time.

My favorite German restaurant used to be Haussner's up near Baltimore. Sadly, it closed a couple of years ago. Their strawberry pie for dessert was to DIE for and on more than one occasion, a whole one made the trip home with me. :yum:

Pete

Repete
greyhound said:
Haaaaa....it was your recommendation.....We did have lobster rolls at a local place and took a trip to Camdon.
No way :whack: I told you JR Maxwells and get the Boothbay lobster.

Camden is nice. Did you stop at Reds Eats? Awsome lobster rolls. :yay:

greyhound

Pete said:

Well....I will never eat Lobster in Maryland again. It is only good in Maine!!!!!!

Pete said:

My daughter checks out the lobsters in the tanks everytime I take her to the grocery store with me... She seems to have an interest in possibly trying one one day... should I get her one for Petezaa...:eyebrow:

greyhound

kwillia said:
My daughter checks out the lobsters in the tanks everytime I take her to the grocery store with me... She seems to have an interest in possibly trying one one day... should I get her one for Petezaa...:eyebrow:
After having a fresh Maine Lobster, I will never eat one from a tank again (tough and tasteless)

Mikeinsmd

jazz lady said:
:drool: I didn't even know that was there. I'd love to check it out some time.

My favorite German restaurant used to be Haussner's up near Baltimore. Sadly, it closed a couple of years ago. Their strawberry pie for dessert was to DIE for and on more than one occasion, a whole one made the trip home with me. :yum:
Click all the links. Makes me wanna go there now. The atmosphere is great too. I haven't really eaten there but I've seen the food served and it looks good. I haven't been to the biergarten yet either.

Pete

Repete
greyhound said:
Well....I will never eat Lobster in Maryland again. It is only good in Maine!!!!!!
I had a good buddy we called Goobo, a cross between Goober and Rambo :lol:, he worked a lobster boat and I would call him the day before and he would bring me 6 or so and Boy and I would steam them in the back yard and chow down at the picnic table.

1 1/2 pound lobsters for $6 a piece was too hard to pass up. :lmao:

Angel

~*~*~
Pete said:

I'm sorry Pete, but I never had a good meal at JR Maxwells or McMillans (sp?) (I was told they were owned by the same people). We went to both places a few times because I figured I had to give them at least a few chances and I was never impressed with the food at either establishment. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Angel said:
I'm sorry Pete, but I never had a good meal at JR Maxwells or McMillans (sp?) (I was told they were owned by the same people). We went to both places a few times because I figured I had to give them at least a few chances and I was never impressed with the food at either establishment. :ohwell:
Same people owned both but Maxwells was far better. I never had bad food at Maxwells. :confused: