Tax question

fttrsbeerwench

Since I'm just cleaning houses and what not while I go to school, I won't have an employer to take my taxes out for me.
I was told that I should get a business license then set about filing a 10-99 to have my taxes taken out quarterly?

I have calledvisited/emailed the comptroller, the employment office and several other places trying to find out what I should do.
No one can tell my how this works:ohwell:

I need to report the income soon if I'm to do quarterly, bu tI have no idea where to get any questions answered.

Pete

Repete
fttrsbeerwench said:
Since I'm just cleaning houses and what not while I go to school, I won't have an employer to take my taxes out for me.
I was told that I should get a business license then set about filing a 10-99 to have my taxes taken out quarterly?

I have calledvisited/emailed the comptroller, the employment office and several other places trying to find out what I should do.
No one can tell my how this works:ohwell:

I need to report the income soon if I'm to do quarterly, bu tI have no idea where to get any questions answered.
If I provide the uniform will you clean my house too?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
fttrsbeerwench said:
You only have to pay taxes if the homeowners claim it. Same with daycare. :whistle:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
fttrsbeerwench said:

I don't think anyone else will take your taxes out for you; you'll have to take the initiative to pay them quarterly yourself. I could be wrong, but if you're self-employed, that's usually how it's done.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It's a quarterly thing usually. Get IRS Pub 505, 533, and check the Maryland State Comptroller's site for the state tax requirements.

Just found this on the state.

Taxable Wages

Taxable wages include all employee compensation, such as salaries, fees, bonuses, commissions, vacation allowances, back pay, and retroactive wage increases.

Wages paid in any form other than money are measured by their fair market value. These include lodging, meals, property, or other considerations for personal services.

Withholding is not required for:

* Domestic service in a private home.
* Services performed by a duly ordained, commissioned or licensed minister of a church or religious order in the exercise of duties.
* Nonresidents (if their income consists entirely of wages or other compensation for personal services performed in Maryland, and their state of residence has a reciprocal agreement with Maryland. All other nonresidents are subject to withholding.)

Last edited:

fttrsbeerwench

HMMMM?.. I still want to pay in some taxes.. You know us single mothers get that EITC thingy.. I got a flyer from somewhere that said I could defer my withholding and keep it then just claim what I had during the year and still get the tax credit..

I just want to make sure I"m doing this right, I've never done my own taxes.:ohwell:

Charles

fttrsbeerwench said:
HMMMM?.. I still want to pay in some taxes.. You know us single mothers get that EITC thingy.. I got a flyer from somewhere that said I could defer my withholding and keep it then just claim what I had during the year and still get the tax credit..

I just want to make sure I"m doing this right, I've never done my own taxes.:ohwell:
Don't go into politics, you're waaaay too honest.

fttrsbeerwench

Charles said:
Don't go into politics, you're waaaay too honest.

Aww come on!!! A bar on ever corner and no one in the welfare office!! Vote for me!! Your friendly neigborhood boozehound!! I'd kick all the whores off of Great Mills Rd. .I'd ban all the dope dealers from town... All the JPC's would be forced to clean crappers in the old folks homes
Tent cities for the hood rat punks who make it so you can't take your kids to stores for the bad language and shootings at the gas station...

LOCK DOWN. CURFEW. GIT ER DONE!

:roflmao:

:peace:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
fttrsbeerwench said:

DON'T forget SSI and Medicare, as a self employee it's up to you to pay those also.

fttrsbeerwench

A thought just occurred to me....

Ordained minister and house keeper to the nudists of SOMD....:jet:

I think I just found DoWhat's part time job! :roflmao:

Cletus_Vandam

To be honest with you, you should consult with an accountant. They can get you pointed in the right direction before it's too late.

You need to make sure you are keeping track of the right things. It may sound simple at the start, but little things like mileage and supplies will all add up and they should all be deductible.

The only way you'll get a 1099 is if the people paying you need to declare your services as an expense [say you were cleaning someones business].

It isn't difficult to do yourself, but you're better off to get the ball rolling by someone who knows all the right things. Otherwise you'll get to the end of the year and find out you haven't paid FICA... then your off to financing payments to the IRS....

A few hundred dollars now to get it right will pay off in the long run.

fttrsbeerwench

I don't plan to do this for the long haul... I've always done a house here and there to make extra cash, but I'm only doing this until I can get used to going to school and nail down some classes..If I can handle 4 classes at a time.. I 'll do that for 2 semesters then go back to working regular jobs. I just need to satisfy a few jerk off's who want to keep me from getting anywhere(ie. the bebe's daddy). My time is very limited now, and I can't see getting a regular job nd failing a class or getting fired for not showing up because I had too much on my plate.:ohwell:

Besides, if I had a few hundred bucks... I'd pay another payment on my beater.:clunk:

Thanks so much for all the advice people:huggy:
:yay:And for keeping me straight:lmao: