Saw III

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:

Saw III is expected to be released on October 27, 2006

Tobin Bell & Shawnee Smith will be back as Jigsaw and Amanda.

I cant wait I love these movies

Plot
Jigsaw has disappeared.

With his new apprentice Amanda (Shawnee Smith), the puppet-master behind the cruel, intricate games that have terrified a community and baffled police has once again eluded capture and vanished.

Somdmommy

DotTheEyes said:
You can watch the trailer here: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1809278202&cf=trailer

Anyways, I might see it. I thought the first was great (besides the laughable acting), but wasn't very fond of the sequel. Still, I might give this a shot. I'm more excited for another October horror movie: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.

I liked the first one because of the traps. Carey Elwes acting was So-so, untill he started yelling with an accent. Other than that I thought it was a great movie. I like to see new, original stuff. Saw II was good, I didnt like that they didnt show too many traps, but I also like my backstory which that movie had. The needle pit makes up for anything bad in that movie. Thats the most original thing I have seen in a long time.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre : The Beginning huh? Well I own the re-make of the first. I do like it for the new special effects and all that, but you cant beat a classic. I see someone trying to get the same success that Exorcist: The Beginning....got.

What do we need to know about? Why a back woods family kills people for fun. Thats half the fun of those movies. Is not knowing why.

BUT~~I like my backstory so I am sure I will be seeing that one too

Toxick

Splat
Somdmommy said:
Tobin Bell & Shawnee Smith will be back as Jigsaw and Amanda.

I cant wait I love these movies

Both of them totally caught me off guard. All through Saw2 I kept trying to figure out what the catch was... but I wasn't expecting that - Actually, I did see Amanda coming from a mile away, but the other plot twist got me.

I thought Jigsaw died in Saw2 though.

Somdmommy

Toxick said:
Both of them totally caught me off guard. All through Saw2 I kept trying to figure out what the catch was... but I wasn't expecting that - Actually, I did see Amanda coming from a mile away, but the other plot twist got me.

I thought Jigsaw died in Saw2 though.
I didnt see Amanda coming, I just thought she was being stupid again....

Jigsaw didnt die he just got the crap beat outa him and passed out I guess....

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Somdmommy said:
I liked the first one because of the traps. Carey Elwes acting was So-so, untill he started yelling with an accent. Other than that I thought it was a great movie. I like to see new, original stuff. Saw II was good, I didnt like that they didnt show too many traps, but I also like my backstory which that movie had. The needle pit makes up for anything bad in that movie. Thats the most original thing I have seen in a long time.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre : The Beginning huh? Well I own the re-make of the first. I do like it for the new special effects and all that, but you cant beat a classic. I see someone trying to get the same success that Exorcist: The Beginning....got.

What do we need to know about? Why a back woods family kills people for fun. Thats half the fun of those movies. Is not knowing why.

BUT~~I like my backstory so I am sure I will be seeing that one too

The Saw franchise isn't incredibly novel. The idea of people needing to navigate macabre traps in order to survive is lifted straight from Cube and the atmosphere is pure Se7en. The first did have a visceral appeal, though, and the twist ending, however contrived, was cool. I thought the sequel was a mess, though. Convoluted and ugly garbage, in my opinion.

As for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning... Yes, the subtitle is cheesy (Exorcist: The Beginning was awful) and there's not much of a story to explore (Irresponsible teens + inbred heavies = gore-filled horror), but the trailer impressed me. The cinematography seems INCREDIBLE and, you know, Leathface (and R. Lee Ermey's 'police officer') send chills down my spine... just what I want from a horror film in October.

My most anticipated 2006 horror film, however, is The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage and Ellen Burstyn. Next Friday, can't wait!

Somdmommy

DotTheEyes said:
The Saw franchise isn't incredibly novel. The idea of people needing to navigate macabre traps in order to survive is lifted straight from Cube and the atmosphere is pure Se7en. The first did have a visceral appeal, though, and the twist ending, however contrived, was cool. I thought the sequel was a mess, though. Convoluted and ugly garbage, in my opinion.As for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning... Yes, the subtitle is cheesy (Exorcist: The Beginning was awful) and there's not much of a story to explore ](Irresponsible teens + inbred heavies = gore-filled horror), but the trailer impressed me. The cinematography seems INCREDIBLE and, you know, Leathface (and R. Lee Ermey's 'police officer') send chills down my spine... just what I want from a horror film in October.

My most anticipated 2006 horror film, however, is The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage and Ellen Burstyn. Next Friday, can't wait!

I love the movie Seven, However I dont think they are the same at all. I happen to like the traps and saving your own life plot of Saw. Something people should always remember when screwing around in life.

Saw 2 could have been alot better. BUT...I liked the back story, and getting to meet Jigsaw.

I thought it was great. I really liked it.

I love all movies. Comedy is on the bottom of my list. Horror on the top. 95% of the movies I own are horror. Texas Chainsaw Masscare Pre-quel doesnt float my boat.

I LOVE NICOLAS CAGE...I saw National Treasure while I was pregnant, and before I picked a name for my son. My son's name is Nicolas...spelled the same.

I have yet to see him in any movie and not like it. Hell I even liked Weather Man.

Gore doesnt scare me. I like to see things that COULD happen to me. Yeah I might make a wrong turn on a trip through Texas and find myself mixed up with an insane family of freaks. What are the odds of that. Being locked in a room with a death trap on my face and having to cut my own face open to save my own life....SCARY. (could happen)

I like thick plots and lots of back story. I like Zombie movies, but I get real mad when they skip the part about what the hell happened......

To each his own though. I'm sure I will own both Saw 3 and TCM on DVD...

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
You mentioned The Weather Man. I love this movie and find it incredibly underrated. Such a brilliant, offbeat, and relatable dramedy. Nic Cage is my favorite actor. My favorite movies of his are: Adaptation., Leaving Las Vegas, Lord Of War, The Rock, and The Weather Man. He always chooses interesting projects. I love how he switches between offbeat art fare and mainstream epics.

Anyways, horror is one of my favorite genres as well, along with slice-of-life drama and political thriller. My least favorite kind of movie is gross-out comedy. Humor involving feces, urine, or vomit... pass!

I was disappointed by Exorcist: The Beginning. I thought it was too all-over-the-map. For the first hour, it's a slow-moving theological thriller, then, all of a sudden, it's a gorefest. I thought its 'sister movie,' Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist, was better.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
By the way, you mentioned zombie movies. Did you see one called 28 Days Later? I thought this was an outstanding zombie thriller, but most of my friends hated it. I'm wondering what you thought of it...?

Another good (recent) one is Shaun of the Dead, a romantic-zombie-thriller-comedy.

Somdmommy

DotTheEyes said:
By the way, you mentioned zombie movies. Did you see one called 28 Days Later? I thought this was an outstanding zombie thriller, but most of my friends hated it. I'm wondering what you thought of it...?

Another good (recent) one is Shaun of the Dead, a romantic-zombie-thriller-comedy.
Yep, Hubby and I rented that (28 days later) right after it came out on DVD.

I thought it was good.

Shaun Of The Dead. Yep we own that one...I dont like comedy that much, and when hubby wanted to get it when I picked up The Devils Rejects I just gave him the eye and said " God whatever" But to my surprise it was really good. I think they did a GREAT job of showing with would really happen to a couple of guys!

Somdmommy

DotTheEyes said:
You mentioned The Weather Man. I love this movie and find it incredibly underrated. Such a brilliant, offbeat, and relatable dramedy. Nic Cage is my favorite actor. My favorite movies of his are: Adaptation., Leaving Las Vegas, Lord Of War, The Rock, and The Weather Man. He always chooses interesting projects. I love how he switches between offbeat art fare and mainstream epics.

Anyways, horror is one of my favorite genres as well, along with slice-of-life drama and political thriller. My least favorite kind of movie is gross-out comedy. Humor involving feces, urine, or vomit... pass!

I was disappointed by Exorcist: The Beginning. I thought it was too all-over-the-map. For the first hour, it's a slow-moving theological thriller, then, all of a sudden, it's a gorefest. I thought its 'sister movie,' Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist, was better.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though.
I could not get over Nicolas Cage in that movie. One of the parts I love the most is when he is walking to get dinner and trying to remember the tartar sauce, and his mind just goes WAY off. " Thats a nice ass, I'd like to stick my face in that.....I like to eat *****, some guys dont..."

PJay

# 1 at the box office, no surprise there. Imma gonna wait and watch it at home where the clicker is near by just incase I need to shut it off.....

See ya then...