Send the ACLU a Christmas Card

jjcmom

A friend sent this to me. I think it's a great idea.

"Yes, Christmas cards. This is coming early (really early) so that you can get ready to include an important address to your list.
Read on........ What a GREAT idea!

Fun with the ACLU......
Wanna have some fun this CHRISTMAS? Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD this year.

As they are working so very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday, we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN, card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world.

Make sure it says "Merry Christmas" on it Here's the Address, just don't be rude or crude. (It's Not the Christian Way, you know!)

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor New York, NY 10004

Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their operations because they wouldn't know if any were regular mail containing contributions. So spend 39 cents and tell the ACLU to leave Christmas alone. Also tell them that there is no such thing as a "Holiday Tree". . . . It's a Christmas Tree even in the fields!!"

Otter

Nothing to see here
jjcmom said:

"Yes, Christmas cards. This is coming early (really early) so that you can get ready to include an important address to your list.

Fun with the ACLU......

As they are working so very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday, we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN, card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world.

Make sure it says "Merry Christmas" on it Here's the Address, just don't be rude or crude. (It's Not the Christian Way, you know!)

ACLU
125 Broad Street

Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their operations because they wouldn't know if any were regular mail containing contributions. So spend 39 cents and tell the ACLU to leave Christmas alone. Also tell them that there is no such thing as a "Holiday Tree". . . . It's a Christmas Tree even in the fields!!"

:lmao: I like that idea.

JOKER

Great Mills Rd
I would have a difficult time wishing them a Merry Christmas.
How about
"Hopefully this will be your last Christmas ACLU"
Can I send it C.O.D. ??

TexasPride77

Eat More Beef, Less Chkn
I just scribbeled them on my Christmas card list....lol. Thanks! this thread really needs to be recycled around November like someone else mentinoed (sorry who ever you are - cannot remember your name)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Private, unsolicited contributions sent by U.S. Mail constitute a relatively small portion of the ACLU's operating budget, and most of those are sent through local affiliate offices, not through the main office in New York.

Therefore, if a temporary spate of Christmas cards really threatened to interfere with their operations, the Broad Street office could simply throw the cards away unopened without fear that they were losing a significant amount of financial contributions as a result.

Haha! :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon said:
:razz:

I don't care - I'm doing it anyway. And I'm going to put religious stickers all over the outside of the envelope. With any luck, I'll give some ACLU mailroom grunt a heart attack.

bdh802

Bob
jjcmom said:

Fun with the ACLU......

ACLU
125 Broad Street

Just a reminder. Don't forget to get your Christmas cards sent out to the
ACLU! Next time you are in WalMart, get that card.

slotted

bdh802 said:
Just a reminder. Don't forget to get your Christmas cards sent out to the
ACLU! Next time you are in WalMart, get that card.
Screw the ACLU, send your Christmas cards to me. :yay: