Performa by Maytag

Cowgirl

Hey y'all....our washing machine finally quit on us, so we're looking for a new one. Lowes has one on sale for $297..it's a super capacity Performa by Maytag. Has anyone used one? Any reviews would be nice! Thanks!

Ponytail

I'm in the market for one too. I finally figure out what the heck stunk so bad at work this week. It's been ME all along. :tantrum

Went to take some blankets out of the washer the other night and they weighed a ton! Dang washer finally lost its spin cycle. Basically fills up with water, then drains it again. Good news is that it's not making that loud noise any more. :lol:

Whew...I do stink though. Dang.

dustin

UAIOE
Nickel and I were looking at that brand once. From what I could tell, it was same exact washer and dryer as a similar Maytag model, just that it didnt have exact same knobs and the Maytag name on it.

Of course the only real way to tell if all the guts are the same is to take the covers off of them and compare part numbers and engineering design.

I can't remember which brand we wound up with, but I dont think it was performa.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
dustin said:
Nickel and I were looking at that brand once. From what I could tell, it was same exact washer and dryer as a similar Maytag model, just that it didnt have exact same knobs and the Maytag name on it.

Of course the only real way to tell if all the guts are the same is to take the covers off of them and compare part numbers and engineering design.

I can't remember which brand we wound up with, but I dont think it was performa.
I remember that too, when I read this thread I immediately went to the laundry room to see what we had. It's Maytag, and if I remember correctly, we didn't pay too much more than what they were charging for the Performa.

dustin

UAIOE
Nickel said:
I remember that too, when I read this thread I immediately went to the laundry room to see what we had. It's Maytag, and if I remember correctly, we didn't pay too much more than what they were charging for the Performa.
IIRC the maytag MIGHT have had an extra setting or two like wash HOT/WARM or something like that.

Like Nickel said it wasnt but just a little more for the Maytag brand.

Cowgirl

Well, we went to Lowes to compare models. The Performa (by maytag) wasn't to bad, but it didn't offer some of the settings we wanted, like water temps. We ended up getting the Roper by Whirlpool. It was $278, had water temp controls, load size controls, permanent press, gentle cycle, and regular cycle. It also has a super large capacity (3.2 cu ft.). It was the best model in the price range...plus, the energy rating was WAY higher than the Performa. We set it up last night and have already done 3 loads! Oh, and the Ropers got a really good review in Consumer Report. :yay: