Washing Machine Issue...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
For months, the cold water takes FOREVER to fill up the washer. It runs in SUPER slow. The warm, on the other hand, flows in just fine and at a fast pace. Shouldn't it be the other way around? We checked the obvious things, but can't figure out what it would be. Anyone know? I hate to call a repair man and pay him to tell me that we need a new washer. The washer is 3 years old.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
JabbaJawz said:
For months, the cold water takes FOREVER to fill up the washer. It runs in SUPER slow. The warm, on the other hand, flows in just fine and at a fast pace. Shouldn't it be the other way around? We checked the obvious things, but can't figure out what it would be. Anyone know? I hate to call a repair man and pay him to tell me that we need a new washer. The washer is 3 years old.

Do you have my number? Call Otter..he can help.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
JabbaJawz said:
I will come and look at it if you want me too?

Otter

Nothing to see here
JabbaJawz said:
.. We checked the obvious things, but can't figure out what it would be.

Any time we've had that problem, its been the screen on the cold water intake..Unscrew the hose(turn it off first.. :razz: ) to the cold water supply on the washer..Check to see if you are getting a good supply of water by turning the water back on with the hose in the laundry tub..If your supply is good, more than likely the screen inside the hose bib for the washer is full of dirt, you can scrape the dirt out with the tip of a screwdriver or remove the screen(which isn't easy but you can clean it better) and clean it off. When you put it back, make sure its in there correctly.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
otter said:
Any time we've had that problem, its been the screen on the cold water intake..Unscrew the hose(turn it off first.. :razz: ) to the cold water supply on the washer..Check to see if you are getting a good supply of water by turning the water back on with the hose in the laundry tub..If your supply is good, more than likely the screen inside the hose bib for the washer is full of dirt, you can scrape the dirt out with the tip of a screwdriver or remove the screen(which isn't easy but you can clean it better) and clean it off. When you put it back, make sure its in there correctly.
:smack: I was hoping to get another 6 pack of Budlight.
Damn lawnmower kicked my ass, I was hoping for something easy.