Wish Bill Clinton Would Run Again

Cheerios

Due to him social security improved - and military retirees got their medical care which was a part of our history and guarantee - while North Korea is doing everything they can to get our attention - Bush has got blinders on to anything else but his personal agenda - did Cheney get his reprieve from having the Haliburton audit that he requested?? - -Clinton is a much smarter and diplomatic person - and did not stir up the hatred of us in Europe that Bush has - I like Powell and Rice -and Bush maybe pretty nice - just wish Clinton was still in office

H

Heretic

Social Security Improved???? Please explain this one because from my point of view (you know someone that pays into it that will probably never get anything out of it) it sure hasn't.

MGKrebs

endangered species
I'll explain it.

When there is a deficit, the treasury borrows money from Social Security, because SS is still running a surplus. Of course the Treasury will have to pay that back someday, and they always have. But in a few years, SS won't be running surpluses anymore (baby boomers retiring), and they will need that money. If we don't start running some general fund surpluses pretty soon, Treasury won't be able to pay that money back. We had surpluses under Clinton, but they are gone now.

Cheerios

Social Security

In January 2001 the law went into affect that there is no limit on how much you can make with s/s - I was not aware of it - the Medicare folks advised me of it when I went to sign up for part A - The S/S book did not seem too clear on this - so went to well known politician where they infact sent me a copy of what transpired - also I was at a meeting where they had taken away medical to military retirees - the military rep. said not to get upset with him - he was the messenger - however contact your representative - and that was taken care of. S/S was never meant to be a complete retirement plan -

H

Heretic

Re: Social Security

Originally posted by Cheerios
S/S was never meant to be a complete retirement plan -

You have got that right, however I do expect to get a fair share of what I have paid into it.

When people can come to this country that have never worked a day here in their life and can begin collecting more than my grandmother that tells me something is wrong. She never had a job per say so she gets 1/2 of my grandfathers benefits where someone moving to this country at age 65 say from an "impovershed country" can collect more money than her.

K

Kain99

Your right - Flake... I mean Cheerios, President Bush is following his own personal agenda (National Security!)

Obviously, you were no where near WTC or the Pentagon on 9/11.

If Clinton were in office we would simply have looked the other way and ignored the attack on our homeland. "What a great guy."

Thank's to Bush, you'll have a chance of being around when your old enough to collect Social Security.

smcdem

Wow Kain you gotta be kiddin me, saying that Clinton would of ignored 9/11. And you call me naive....

K

Kain99

Originally posted by smcdem
Wow Kain you gotta be kiddin me, saying that Clinton would of ignored 9/11. And you call me naive....

No sweetie I call you "Brainwashed"

Terrorist Attacks during the Clinton Admin

Just to name a few -

Bombing of the WTC in 1993,
(you were 6)

American embassies in Africa in 1998
(you were 11)

USS Cole October 2000
(you were 13)

Not suprising you didn't realize that these acts of Terrorism were basically ignored by Clinton.

I won't even get into the fact that Clinton blew several chances to get his hands on Bin-Laden! :rolleyes:

K

Kain99

Since you have no way of remembering:

Clintons lame decision to hit Baghdad with cruise missiles on June 26, 1993, was made in part because he believed Iraq had been involved in the first World Trade Center bombing four months earlier.

Anyone else want to talk about how ridiculous Bush is for linking Iraq to the Terorists?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Re: Re: Social Security

Originally posted by Heretic
When people can come to this country that have never worked a day here in their life and can begin collecting more than my grandmother that tells me something is wrong. She never had a job per say so she gets 1/2 of my grandfathers benefits where someone moving to this country at age 65 say from an "impovershed country" can collect more money than her.

Explain this one to me please. My wife is a nonresident alien. We had to sign papers saying she would not go "on the public dole (welfare, food stamps, etc)" for at least 3 years after arriving BEFORE they granted her visa. As far as s/s goes, she still has to pay her 40 quarters into it to get anything, just like anybody else. When I die, she will get survivor benefits, of course (about $1000 a month). Anybody who relies on the government to take care of them in their old age is plumb dumb. The fallacy that immigrants get a free ride is wrong.

H

Heretic

If they are from an impoverished country they can collect. I know someone who is doing it right now.

Your wife must not be from an impoverished country...is she?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I believe this benefit is associated to provisions in the law that relate to international agreements (42USC433). If the persons home country has entered into agreement with the US, and they have a similar retirement program established in that nation, our country gives them Social Security payments.

K

Kizzy

I get upset when I see that my grandmother has saved her money by strict budgeting and hard work for years and years. Now, she is nearly 80 and is taxed like crazy on the interest she earns and lives on from the nest egg she has saved. Each and every time we look into any medical assistant programs, or discounted prescription programs, they ask the question, how much do you have saved?

Now, an irresponsible person who saves NOTHING gets more in social security than she does only because she has money in the bank. If she had nothing in the bank, she could get prescription help, medical insurance, and more in a social security check every month. But instead, she writes a check for at least $1100 in prescription and medical insurance each month.

Personally, I think that IF you save your money and live off the interest, it shouldn't be taxed in her case or when you reach a certain age. I only say this because it is upsetting. I handle the finances of a lady from our church, and she buys everything, saves nothing and gets twice as much in social security as my grandmother who has in the past and still does to this day, live like she did during the depression. I think the current social security system rewards those who don’t plan.

K

Kizzy

So the story of the Ant and the Grasshopper is b.s.?

Sorry Bluto, when it comes to social security, the answer is yes. My grandmother's pension was with LTD Steel and those pensions are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Originally posted by IM4Change

Now, an irresponsible person who saves NOTHING gets more in social security than she does only because she has money in the bank. If she had nothing in the bank, she could get prescription help, medical insurance, and more in a social security check every month. But instead, she writes a check for at least $1100 in prescription and medical insurance each month.

My mom is in the same boat, luckily my dad put enough away to take care of her. They both lived through the depression though and had a different mindset when it comes to money. I'm scared to see what will happen to the boomers when they get to retirement age and have nothing. Think we're a welfare state now...

We went thru heck getting my aunt into a nursing home because she had money, but not enough to pay for it. Basically had to sell everything and get her on medicare. That brings up all kinds of frightful stories...

Your quote above reminds me of shopping, the few times I go to McKays (usually go to SFW, can't afford McKays) I always see WIC & welfare cases buying steaks or better yet, frozen prepared meals, while I get the cheap hamburger and the generic everything. Guess which one of us drives home in a newer car?

I can't blame the welfare types though, if the gov't gave me a free house, free food and a check each month I wouldn't look for a job and would just stay home and do drugs and screw too.

The system isn't fair, life isn't fair. Never has been, never will be. I've given up worrying about others, enough problems of my own.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always see WIC & welfare cases buying steaks or better yet, frozen prepared meals, while I get the cheap hamburger and the generic everything. Guess which one of us drives home in a newer car?
Keep voting Democrat! Boy, I sure wish Bill Clinton would run again too so we can finally give ALL our money to the folks that retired at age 18! :yay:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Well, it was either Clinton vs W senior or Clinton vs Dole, of course there was always Perrot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by bluto
On a lighter note, hey vrai, I nailed a 282,500 on Frendz!
That's my favorite game! :cool:

Clinton goofed me up big time - it never occurred to me that he would get elected either time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by bluto
I've played the home version for years, Othello, with black and white chips.
I'm too lazy to play Othello anymore. :lol: I've broken a million on Frendz several times but I usually get bored and quit before I lose.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've been playing for awhile - it took me a few tries before I could even beat the Hard level. Actually, it was a LOT of tries. :lol:

Did you see the God-Carp in the Religion forum? :yay: Story of the year!!!