Warning!!! Never do business with Sprint PCS

Vrock

It's not that serious
Since moving here to Maryland from Hawaii we've had NO sprint coverage within walking distance of our house... none in the neighborhood... I have to get in the car and drive. My husbands work, where he absolutely MUST have coverage, he has none... none in the house... none anywhere near us. I've called sprint probably 2 dozen times alerting them to this problem and it was never fixed. On Friday I called IRATE because I'd been without cell coverage for almost a month and had just gotten a bill for 100 dollars!!! My call was dropped (I'd made the call from the roof of my car 15 minutes from my house in a parking lot.) Nobody ever called me back and I couldn't get a hold of them again. Today I got customer service to give me a number I could call from a land line, so I did. I was told that my account had been cancelled and assessed early termination and past due bill payments totalling nearly 600 dollars!?!!!!! I told them AGAIN I wasn't getting service and they said this wasn't grounds for waiving the fees. I hadn't authorized anyone to cancel my account with these fees... yet reinstating it will tack another 2 years onto the year I have left on my contract. UNBELIEVABLE. I'm just irate... I'm very ill and stressed out and this is not helping things... Sprint is a HORRIBLE company, what can I do?! If I wasn't so worried about my credit I'd just say screw them and not pay... I really can't afford to pay for service I wasn't and am not recieving... I don't know what to do!!!

Sprint is AWFUL, NEVER EVER EVER get a cell plan with them.

mainman

Set Trippin
Where do you live at? I have a sprint PCS and I don't have any problems with it. In fact, it served as my connection to the world over the powerless weekend.

:shrug:

Ponytail

I had Sprint when I lived in GA and PA, but got rid of it when I moved here. Coverage was horrible for me. I got almost zero coverage on base, and exactly zero at my house in CRE, the two places that I needed it the most.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
Valarocque said:
Since moving here to Maryland from Hawaii we've had NO sprint coverage within walking distance of our house... none in the neighborhood... I have to get in the car and drive. My husbands work, where he absolutely MUST have coverage, he has none... none in the house... none anywhere near us. I've called sprint probably 2 dozen times alerting them to this problem and it was never fixed. On Friday I called IRATE because I'd been without cell coverage for almost a month and had just gotten a bill for 100 dollars!!! My call was dropped (I'd made the call from the roof of my car 15 minutes from my house in a parking lot.) Nobody ever called me back and I couldn't get a hold of them again. Today I got customer service to give me a number I could call from a land line, so I did. I was told that my account had been cancelled and assessed early termination and past due bill payments totalling nearly 600 dollars!?!!!!! I told them AGAIN I wasn't getting service and they said this wasn't grounds for waiving the fees. I hadn't authorized anyone to cancel my account with these fees... yet reinstating it will tack another 2 years onto the year I have left on my contract. UNBELIEVABLE. I'm just irate... I'm very ill and stressed out and this is not helping things... Sprint is a HORRIBLE company, what can I do?! If I wasn't so worried about my credit I'd just say screw them and not pay... I really can't afford to pay for service I wasn't and am not recieving... I don't know what to do!!!

Not quite sure if they can help but the BBB is always an option.

I use Verizon right now. My reception isn't the best because I live in a mobile home. I've had dropped calls because of this but I've never experienced problems anywhere else.

bdh802

Bob
mainman said:
:confused: Drive it a few feet to the left............or right...

You're welcome....

I had a problem with a internet company a few months back. They refused to refund my $105. I did a little research about how to file a complaint with BBB (but didn't) When I called this company and got to the supervisor level, I asked them for things like a physical mailing address. When she asked why, I told her it was required for the BBB complaint form. I guess this was enough to let her know that I had done some research and that I was serious.

That's about all you can do other than "spread the word." Also, switch to Verizon Wireless. Stay away from Sprint or Nextel. With VW, the only thing I would recommend would be to get the insurance. If you break your phone without it after the one year mark, you're S.O.L.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
mainman said:
Where do you live at? I have a sprint PCS and I don't have any problems with it. In fact, it served as my connection to the world over the powerless weekend.

:shrug:
We have Sprint too, and Roaming is free for us, so it doesnt matter. We live out near Webster and have at least 3 bars in our house, and all 6 bars anywhere else in the county.

mainman

Set Trippin
Somdmommy said:
We have Sprint too, and Roaming is free for us, so it doesnt matter. We live out near Webster and have at least 3 bars in our house, and all 6 bars anywhere else in the county.
I have never had my pocket pc in the park so I don't know what kind of signal I get there....:shrug:

Bozznc

110 degrees and shivering
mainman said:
I have never had my pocket pc in the park so I don't know what kind of signal I get there....:shrug:

Enough of that dirty talk to my wifey!

Seriously though, we only roamed during the tropical windy/drizzleyness, and sometimes down at raleys, in ridge. I used to have trouble with my sprint phone in the barracks on base, but brick, steel, etc.. other than that, loved it.

SamSpade

I refuse to do business with Sprint, period.

Back in the 80's, we had Sprint at our house for long distance, and repeatedly they would double bill us, threatening us when we didn't pay the bill twice. When we called the office of the Texas state attorney general, we found that this was a common complaint, and that it looked like a scheme to grab some quick cash to resolve a money problem they were having (my brother who lives in Florida, was also being double-billed).

Now, I don't know that every long-distance company hasn't tried this - at the time, Sprint was a fairly young company, but this struck me as just nasty. My roommate, whose account this was on, was getting lousy credit because he wouldn't pay his bill TWICE for several months. We all decided we would never do business with Sprint again, and I haven't.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Valarocque said:

What did you expect them to do?? Put up a cell tower especially for you!??

You should have asked before you moved who to have cell service with around here.

Vrock

It's not that serious
Uhm sorry, it wasn't my choice to move here.... When I got the cell phone a year ago in Hawaii I DID ask if I'd get service anywhere in the US and they told me YES. I don't have any kind of say about where the Navy puts us! Sorry if I refuse to pay $90 a month for 2 phones I didn't have any service on 90% of the time! All I asked was they either find a way to improve my service, downgrade my rate plan (which they wouldn't do without another extended contract), or release us from our contract. I finally got in touch with a supervisor that asked us to fax in our military IDs, which we did, we'll see what comes of that.

mainman

Set Trippin
Valarocque said:
I finally got in touch with a supervisor that asked us to fax in our military IDs, which we did, we'll see what comes of that.
Cool, maybe they'll let you out of your contract...

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
Valarocque said:
Uhm sorry, it wasn't my choice to move here.... When I got the cell phone a year ago in Hawaii I DID ask if I'd get service anywhere in the US and they told me YES. I don't have any kind of say about where the Navy puts us! Sorry if I refuse to pay $90 a month for 2 phones I didn't have any service on 90% of the time! All I asked was they either find a way to improve my service, downgrade my rate plan (which they wouldn't do without another extended contract), or release us from our contract. I finally got in touch with a supervisor that asked us to fax in our military IDs, which we did, we'll see what comes of that.
You dont roam at all.

When I roam, I get all bars.

If they wont let you out, get a new plan. One of the ones with Free Roaming.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Valarocque said:
When I got the cell phone a year ago in Hawaii I DID ask if I'd get service anywhere in the US and they told me YES.
If you ask anybody that works as a commisioned SALESman for a cell phone company they will tell you the same thing, but everybody knows that NO cell phone works in EVERY part of the country.. that's why they still have coverage maps. Buyer Beware...