Waste MisManagement & Mattress Warehouse

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Waste MisManagement:
Recent events led to a little extra refuse this week, so it didn't all fit into their non-bug-proof, butt-ugly, rip-off container that I'm required to rent for a king's ransom in order to get their trash service. This has happened once or twice before, and I left the overflow right next to the can, out at the street, and the fellow picked it all up. Not today, however. He left everything that wasn't physically inside their trash can. My wife called them, and she was told to rent a second can, or give them one week plus one day advance notice, and be billed $15 per occurence of needing extra stuff picked up.

Mattress Warehouse:
Staffed by Bevis and Butthead, this establishment gets entirely too much for what they sell. nevertheless, when desperate I will pay extra, so on Friday the daughter and I bought a twin bed, frame, and headboard from them. Butthead told me it'd be an extra $35 to have it delivered. We scheduled delivery for the next day, after ascertaining that the headboard wasn't in stock and would be delivered next week (today). Bevis showed up the next day with the mattress and box springs strapped to the roof of his 2-door Subaru, uncovered, in the rain. Fortunately the manufacturer wraps them in plastic. Bevis had me make sure I wrote on the receipt, "Headboard not received." I paid him $40 and off he went. This morning my wife called them, and they told her that they didn't plan to deliver the headboard, but if she wanted them to deliver it, it would cost another $55.

nightowl

Waste Management: I guess being the only trash service in town gives them the right to think they can do what they want. My beef with them was that it stated that they would pick up 5 bags of leaves if in clear plastic bags and weighing under 50 lbs per bag. So I go online and buy 200 clear plastic bags (couldn't find them locally). We had like 15 bags of leaves. First week we set out 5 bags, they don't take them, I call, they say they will put a note to take 10 bags the next week. They don't take any bags again next week, I call, they come back and take 5 bags. Next week they do take 5 bags but now we have 5 new bags. So finally my husband just loaded all the bags into the dump truck and carted them off to the dump where we had to pay to get rid of them. Now it isn't bad enough that they raise their prices 50% but they don't even do what they say they will. Oh and I already have 2 highway robbery containers.

Mattress Warehouse: I would try Mattress Corner in Lexington Park they will actually give you free delivery and barter with you about price.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I cancelled Waste Management back in February.

As for mattresses, I always try to support our local businesses first, and use these chains as a last option. Mattress Corner, Thompson's Furniture, Raley's can all handle your business and leave you much better off than Beavis and Butthead.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Update:
Mattress Warehouse
After describing to Butthead that he was in Breach of Contract and subject to a lawsuit, and further explaining that I would be taking his employer to court with virtually guaranteed recovery of the cost of the mattress/box spring set, the frame, the headboard, the delivery cost, and all court costs, he still had nothing to offer. We ended the phone conversation on that note.

About an hour later, Butthead calls, suddenly it's all been a terrible mistake and he'll get that headboard right out to me in a half hour, yessirreebub. Shortly thereafter the headboard was installed, pristine and exactly as ordered.

Waste MisManagement
They are fired. Found a new collector with two phone calls. After the new folks make their first satisfactory pickup in the next few days, WM will get a call from me terminating service effective immediately, and giving them 48 hours to collect their eyesore from my property. After that, they will have to collect it from wherever I have it removed to.

Last edited:
Well, RR... I hope it's all settled down for you now. How's your wife doing? I noticed you had been having to deal with your own health issues lately and I'm hoping that she's been holding her own while you've been down and out.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Railroad said:
giving them 48 hours to collect their eyesore from my property. After that, they will have to collect it from wherever I have it removed to.

Can you tell them to collect the one on the side of my house that they were supposed to collect about 4 months ago, too

TIA :yay:

onebdzee said:
Can you tell them to collect the one on the side of my house that they were supposed to collect about 4 months ago, too

TIA :yay:
Ugh... poor RR... that doesn't sound too promising...:dead:

onebdzee

off the shelf
kwillia said:
Ugh... poor RR... that doesn't sound too promising...:dead:

Yeah, no kidding....the realitor tells me when I moved in here that the last people that lived here stopped their service with WM about 3 months before they moved out(May)

I've even go so far as to call WM to come an get the thing and told them that "I know it's a PIA to get down my driveway, I'll put it down at the end so it will be easier to get"(this was in the middle of July)....it sat out there for about a week and a half before I drug it back down here

redfish

Petty theft

I had a little extra trash a few weeks ago and put it in my old, personally bought from Lowes container (I think for around $30). The jerks took the container as well! I ought to sue them for petty theft. I did complain and got the run-around.

What other game is there in this town? I am not going to load my stinking trash in my vehicle and take it to the dump myself (no pick'em up truck - guess I'm not a real countian).

onebdzee

off the shelf
redfish said:
I had a little extra trash a few weeks ago and put it in my old, personally bought from Lowes container (I think for around $30). The jerks took the container as well! I ought to sue them for petty theft. I did complain and got the run-around.

What other game is there in this town? I am not going to load my stinking trash in my vehicle and take it to the dump myself (no pick'em up truck - guess I'm not a real countian).

I have a pretty green trash can that you can have....already has WM printed on the side

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
We take ours to the transfer station, because it's right up the road, but my parents get their picked up by a good-ole-boy with sides on his pick-up truck. Costs $30 a month and he picks up once a week without fail. Same guy has been doing it for 20 years. That's up in Waldorf, but I've seen a bunch of similar pick-ups owned by any number of enterprising individuals all over the area.