SOMD.com poll

willie

On the homepage there is a poll about the media telling too much about the Iraq situation. My vote is 'no' and that is way down in the minority. What am I missing? Do they mean too many pages in the paper or too much on TV interupting soap opera's? Do they mean the media is giving away secrets? I want to know all that is out there. I think even the liberal rag Washington Post is doing a pretty good job. As far as giving away our strategy, it appears that it is designed to scare the crap out of the Iraqui soldier so that is good.

SmallTown

Football season!
I agree with one of the comedians. You know you are a strong power when you can tell your enemy where your troops are, when and where they will attack, and by which means they plan to carry out the attack. And still not be worried

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Seemed a lot like they did that with Afghanistan, and it made no difference from what I can tell.

willie

Originally posted by Frank
Seemed a lot like they did that with Afghanistan, and it made no difference from what I can tell.
When that war started, the bad guys hauled butt to the hills in quick time. Do you think they would have reacted that way for the french? (small f)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmmm...I originally voted "yes, the media is giving too much information." Ya'll bring up some excellent points so I've probably changed my mind.

SmallTown

Football season!
plus with all the news coverage, it makes it easier for the iraqi troops to find US troops so they can surrender :biggrin:

willie

Originally posted by SmallTown
plus with all the news coverage, it makes it easier for the iraqi troops to find US troops so they can surrender :biggrin:
This mornings paper detailed how the Iraqui army leaders have been instructed just how to safely do that.