Getting Ready to Sell My House

keepsmiling

Hi

I am new to the forums, always reading them, but never post.

I have a question. I am getting ready to sell my house. What's the best way of doing this with the market so slow? I would like to keep some money and not give it all to a realtor.

Is there specific places that people who are transferring in to Pax River look? Our house is located in Drum Point.

Thanks for your help.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
keepsmiling said:
Hi

I have a question. I am getting ready to sell my house. What's the best way of doing this with the market so slow? I would like to keep some money and not give it all to a realtor.

Is there specific places that people who are transferring in to Pax River look? Our house is located in Drum Point.

Thanks for your help.
Contact the housing office on base.
Not sure of the #, but call the base operator @ (301) 342-3000.

Vince

keepsmiling said:
Hi

Thanks for your help.
Also in Drum Point. It's a buyers market right now, so anything you can do to make your house more sellable, do it. A good realtor is a big help. You may take it in the shorts for his/her 6%, but if you want to sell fast, get a realtor. If you're going to do "sell by owner," and you're in no hurry, be prepared to do alot of advertising yourself. And I mean alot of advertising.

keepsmiling

Vince said:
Also in Drum Point. It's a buyers market right now, so anything you can do to make your house more sellable, do it. A good realtor is a big help. You may take it in the shorts for his/her 6%, but if you want to sell fast, get a realtor. If you're going to do "sell by owner," and you're in no hurry, be prepared to do alot of advertising yourself. And I mean alot of advertising.

Gosh I know it's a buyer's market. I am not in any hurry so I'm going to try this myself. I don't mind advertising I just need to know where and DoWhat has me started in the right direction. One of my friends told me that if I do need to use a realtor to be sure to go with one that specializes with relocation and I believe he said Long and Foster of Prince Frederick does.

Thanks!!

Vince

keepsmiling said:
Gosh I know it's a buyer's market. I am not in any hurry so I'm going to try this myself. I don't mind advertising I just need to know where and DoWhat has me started in the right direction. One of my friends told me that if I do need to use a realtor to be sure to go with one that specializes with relocation and I believe he said Long and Foster of Prince Frederick does.

Thanks!!
Century 21 in Solomons. Retired military working there.

Geek

keepsmiling said:

Thanks!!

Can you tell us a little about the house and your asking price?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Nanny Pam said:
I know you probably don't want this to get out, but you are a hottie!!

:hot:
It ain't me. I had to hire a model stud.
Brings in business, but they are surprised as hell when I show up.

I've lost business because of it.