85% in Maryland Back Stronger Gun Controll

mAlice

professional daydreamer
African country??.....

Perhaps a better way to put it would be:

"instead of PG, Montgomery, and Baltimore where they are closer to the United States , which is where most of these people are RECEIVING aid from on a monthly basis!

he's not known for his tact.

bcp

In My Opinion
African country??.....

Perhaps a better way to put it would be:

"instead of PG, Montgomery, and Baltimore where they are closer to the United States , which is where most of these people are RECEIVING aid from on a monthly basis!

I like the way I put it, but thank you very much for your more than considerate suggestion.

Looks like martin is doing the job the voters and people in Maryland want him to do.

Washington Post poll finds support for stricter gun control laws in Maryland - The Washington Post

Maryland residents overwhelmingly support Gov. Martin O’Malley’s plan to force gun buyers to submit to fingerprinting, safety training and more background checks, according to a new Washington Post poll.

Across the state, fully 85 percent back the governor’s licensing plan and 73 percent do so “strongly.” They also support banning high-capacity ammunition clips and assault weapons — two other portions of O’Malley’s (D) bill, which in the wake of the December school shooting in Newtown, Conn., would give Maryland among the nation’s strictest gun-control laws.

This should read, of the 1500 out of 6 million people polled 85% back o'malley. Pretty small polling to be making such a bold statement, but what else do you expect.

Toxick

Splat

Attachments

• yunoaccept.png
    yunoaccept.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 118

Pushrod

Patriot
You all really don't think a state that elected Martin O'Malley, an almost 100% Democrat legislature, voted overwhelmingly for redistricting to facilitate one-party rule, and gave in-state college tuition rates to illegal immigrants - you don't think they would be all about gun control?
I absolutely believe that a large percentage of Marylanders are in favor of gun bans. But, like Tox said, it doesn't meant they're right.

Actually, if you conduct the poll, unbiased with a 'real' representative portion of the population, then "No" they don't overwhelmingly support more gun control.
See the link below for an actual poll conducted in Maryland that is more representative, but that the local media will never reference because it doesn't reflect their agenda.

Susquehanna Poll on Maryland 2nd Amendment Opinions - Maryland Shall Issue® | Maryland Shall Issue®

Toxick

Splat
85%, yet only 21 people have signed up to testify for the bill today.

Oh, and here is what their "rally" looked like....

View attachment 93140

Typical right-winger tea-party manipulation.

Of COURSE it's going to look like a lame-ass rally when you take the photo from that angle.

The crowd of thousands was clearly behind the spinning, lying, cheating photographer.

Chris0nllyn

Typical right-winger tea-party manipulation.

Of COURSE it's going to look like a lame-ass rally when you take the photo from that angle.

The crowd of thousands was clearly behind the spinning, lying, cheating photographer.

Silly me, they were at the other lawyers mall.

edinsomd

Go over to marylandshooters.com. Over 1000 firearm supporters are signed up to testify against O'Malley's proposed law; around 30 gun grabbers are signed up to testify for it.

Around 300 gun grabbers (lots of middle school age children) showed up around noon up to rally for O'Malley's law, hung around for an hour and left. The firearms supporters began arriving around 0600 and will remain there all night.

Guess which one will get all the press coverage?

BigBlue

Go over to marylandshooters.com. Over 1000 firearm supporters are signed up to testify against O'Malley's proposed law; around 30 gun grabbers are signed up to testify for it.

Around 300 gun grabbers (lots of middle school age children) showed up around noon up to rally for O'Malley's law, hung around for an hour and left. The firearms supporters began arriving around 0600 and will remain there all night.

Guess which one will get all the press coverage?

Your numbers are backwards

Rommey

Its amazing that a "plan to force gun buyers to submit to fingerprinting, safety training and more background checks" to ensuring one of our Constitutional rights is OK, but requiring someone to show an ID to prove they are allowed to vote is outrageous. Why don't they require fingerprints to vote?

Toxick

Splat
Its amazing that a "plan to force gun buyers to submit to fingerprinting, safety training and more background checks" to ensuring one of our Constitutional rights is OK, but requiring someone to show an ID to prove they are allowed to vote is outrageous. Why don't they require fingerprints to vote?

Black people, the poor and the elderly do not have fingerprints.

Why are you trying to deny them the right to vote?

Why do you hate America, Bald Eagles and Baby Jesus?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Testimony just ended a little while ago at around 4am, having gone all day and through the night. Final tally was 1,307 verbal testimonials against HB294 and 34 in favor. Many could not stay and submitted written testimony in before they left.

The numbers that showed up in opposition to the bill was well in excess of 5,000 overall. I am sure I will be told I have my numbers completely backwards though.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Testimony just ended a little while ago at around 4am, having gone all day and through the night. Final tally was 1,307 verbal testimonials against HB294 and 34 in favor. Many could not stay and submitted written testimony in before they left.

The numbers that showed up in opposition to the bill was well in excess of 5,000 overall. I am sure I will be told I have my numbers completely backwards though.

:yahoo:

TPD

the poor dad

Let's hope it makes a difference and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.