85% in Maryland Back Stronger Gun Controll

Rommey

Black people, the poor and the elderly do not have fingerprints.

Why are you trying to deny them the right to vote?

Why do you hate America, Bald Eagles and Baby Jesus?

I'm sorry...I don't know what I was thinking...must of had a :dork: moment.

puggymom

I just drove to Glen Burnie and I am amazed at how people drive. I did about 65/70 in the center left lane and people were thing past me like I was standing still and others were driving staring at their crotch (I assume texting) . My point... I wonder how many if these 85% have no problem driving a weapon like this from which someone is much more likely to die.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I just drove to Glen Burnie and I am amazed at how people drive. I did about 65/70 in the center left lane and people were thing past me like I was standing still and others were driving staring at their crotch (I assume texting) . My point... I wonder how many if these 85% have no problem driving a weapon like this from which someone is much more likely to die.

It could be worse.

BigBlue

Looks like martin is doing the job the voters and people in Maryland want him to do.

Washington Post poll finds support for stricter gun control laws in Maryland - The Washington Post

Maryland residents overwhelmingly support Gov. Martin O’Malley’s plan to force gun buyers to submit to fingerprinting, safety training and more background checks, according to a new Washington Post poll.

Across the state, fully 85 percent back the governor’s licensing plan and 73 percent do so “strongly.” They also support banning high-capacity ammunition clips and assault weapons — two other portions of O’Malley’s (D) bill, which in the wake of the December school shooting in Newtown, Conn., would give Maryland among the nation’s strictest gun-control laws.

Seems to be working .

mamatutu

mama to two
This is the first time I have never read an entire thread before posting. I saw the title, and that is all I need to know. Gun control and more of it will only hurt the law abiding innocent citizen more than the criminal element that has no regard for gun control. That was easy.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Seems to be working.

Your definition of 'working' is pretty weird to me:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/03/us/report-links-high-rates-of-gun-violence-to-weak-laws.html?_r=0

Some states did not follow the pattern. Vermont, which has relatively weak gun laws, had low rates of gun violence. Maryland, which has relatively strong firearm legislation, had a high level of gun homicides, ranking fifth, with 5.3 per 100,000 people.

Go here and download the "spreadsheet" and note the 2012 to 2013 stats comparison:

• Violent crime up
  • Murders up
  • Robberies up
  • Aggravated assault up
  • Burglary up

Does that look like it's working?

RPMDAD

It is pretty strange i guess that i do not know one single person of the so called 85% of Marylander's who want stronger gun control, almost everyone i know wants, lesser gun controls on law abiding, tax paying citizens, and also wants thugs, and criminals who break the laws concerning guns to be sentanced to long jail terms for violating gun laws. Wow what a unique idea.

glhs837

Power with Control
This is how it is in Korea and Saudi Arabia. And not one crash. You can't go one week without a highway-stopping crash on rt 4.

Haven't looked up those others, but India has horrendous traffic stats, like 10 times the fatality rates of any other similarly industrialized nation.

BigBlue

It is pretty strange i guess that i do not know one single person of the so called 85% of Marylander's who want stronger gun control, almost everyone i know wants, lesser gun controls on law abiding, tax paying citizens, and also wants thugs, and criminals who break the laws concerning guns to be sentanced to long jail terms for violating gun laws. Wow what a unique idea.

You know squat .You need to get out of the house ,I believe it is actually more than 85%.