Something happening on Bridge

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thomas Johnson Bridge has been stopped up for the last ten-fifteen minutes.
Emergency vehicles at very top.
Traffic not moving.
now I hear a helicopter.
Anyone with their scanners on ???

Pooh31

Someone is one the bridge trying to commit sucidie. It went over the scanner, parts of the bridge are closed down while they try to talk the person out of it.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
nateandlin said:
Believe the person jumped. Boats coming from Charles with side scan sonar.
I get the same impression,
boats out searching now.
people with lights around the shore.

keepsmiling

nateandlin said:
Sounds like they've reopened the bridge. Guess everyone can go home now.

The person did jump way before any fire, rescue and/or police arrived. They are now in the recovering mode for the body and the family has been notified. All of this was on the scanner. We drove down there and the cops were even walking Solomon's boardwalk with flashlights looking for the body. There were several witnesses to the person getting out of their vehicle and jumped. Noone had a chance to save this person.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
keepsmiling said:
The person did jump way before any fire, rescue and/or police arrived. They are now in the recovering mode for the body and the family has been notified. All of this was on the scanner. We drove down there and the cops were even walking Solomon's boardwalk with flashlights looking for the body. There were several witnesses to the person getting out of their vehicle and jumped. Noone had a chance to save this person.

Damn. :frown:

keepsmiling

jazz lady said:

Damn is right. What is going on tonight? 2 more attempted suicides in Calvert. I'm listening to the scanner, one up north somewhere; somebody took an overdose of sleeping pills. Then in St Leonard someone called in that someone took an overdose, then someone called in saying he was threatning to slit his throat then they said someone called in saying it was a hoax. Still trying to find out what happened on that one. Now they are at a fight between husband and wife up north somewhere. Gosh and it's only Thursday nite!!! Hope all is safe and well.

Mikeinsmd

keepsmiling said:
Damn is right. What is going on tonight? 2 more attempted suicides in Calvert. I'm listening to the scanner, one up north somewhere; somebody took an overdose of sleeping pills. Then in St Leonard someone called in that someone took an overdose, then someone called in saying he was threatning to slit his throat then they said someone called in saying it was a hoax. Still trying to find out what happened on that one. Now they are at a fight between husband and wife up north somewhere. Gosh and it's only Thursday nite!!! Hope all is safe and well.
:faint:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dear dead guy,

I wish with all my heart you'd have called me before you decided to jump. I'd have gladly bought you beers and listened to your tale of woe for as long as you cared to tell it, rather than be stuck on the bridge waiting for them to drag your butt out of the water.

We'd both be a lot happier.

Love,
Vrai

PS, that goes for any of the rest of you depressives.

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
Dear dead guy,

I wish with all my heart you'd have called me before you decided to jump. I'd have gladly bought you beers and listened to your tale of woe for as long as you cared to tell it, rather than be stuck on the bridge waiting for them to drag your butt out of the water.

Love,
Vrai

:high5: The "kindler, gentler" mikeinsmd refrained from posting that!! :huggy:

But he sure as hell was thinking it!!!!

Angel

~*~*~
vraiblonde said:
Dear dead guy,

Love,
Vrai

I'm out of Coors Light... :tap:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
vraiblonde said:
Dear dead guy,

Love,
Vrai

Remember some years back, when a fruitcake was held up on the Woodrow Wilson bridge, with negotiators and police stopping beltway traffic for miles.
Most all of the commuters that they interviewed while stuck in traffic
wanted to be the ones to push his a$$ off !!

Last edited: