Bird Rescue In the Bird section

sweetgal

Everyone needs to beware of the so called bird rescue posted in the bird section of the classifieds. She is not a rescue. It's a take your bird and sell it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sweetgal said:
Everyone needs to beware of the so called bird rescue posted in the bird section of the classifieds. She is not a rescue. It's a take your bird and sell it.

Does she not care for the birds until she finds them new homes?

sweetgal

I do not know what they do while they have them but I do know that they just asked for free birds to sell them and make money. That isn't fair to the birds or the people that give them thinking they are going to a rescue that loves and cares for birds when they just want to make something off them.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sweetgal said:
I do not know what they do while they have them but I do know that they just asked for free birds to sell them and make money. That isn't fair to the birds or the people that give them thinking they are going to a rescue that loves and cares for birds when they just want to make something off them.

So you feel that the person caring for these birds should not be compensated when she finds homes for them?

sweetgal

Not when she gets them one day and puts them for sale the same or next day. A rescue is someone who truly cares for them and she is no rescue. People should go to her house before meeting her and just giving their bird to them. They have them for sale the same day they so call rescue them. Not right or fair to these poor birds.

W

Wenchy

sweetgal said:
Not when she gets them one day and puts them for sale the same or next day. A rescue is someone who truly cares for them and she is no rescue. People should go to her house before meeting her and just giving their bird to them. They have them for sale the same day they so call rescue them. Not right or fair to these poor birds.

Somebody was not able to care for the birds. That's it in a nutshell. Too many people buy disposable pets.

They get another chance when "she" gets them.

What is so hard to understand about that?

I am an animal lover, and this is probably not a good comparison, but here goes:

I've put numerous items on my curb: TV's, child carseats (instructions included) an old computer, furniture items...etc...A big sign is attached: "FREE"!!!

They stay there for about an hour. People pick them up, and probably sell them in yard sales, or might use them. All the more power to them.

I have no use for those items anymore, and people don't want their birds, for one reason or another.

Material goods are disposable, but animals are not.

She is doing a service to those who no longer want their feathered companions.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sweetgal said:

Just because she puts them up for sell the next day, does't mean someone buys them the next day. Sounds like you have something personal against her, because you're not really very forthcoming about why you disapprove.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Just because she puts them up for sell the next day, does't mean someone buys them the next day. Sounds like you have something personal against her, because you're not really very forthcoming about why you disapprove.

She should start her own rescue.

sweetgal

elaine said:

Nothing personal. Just think they are misleading people. They should be honest with them about what they are doing when people are trusting them to give their birds a good home.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sweetgal said:
Nothing personal. Just think they are misleading people. They should be honest with them about what they are doing when people are trusting them to give their birds a good home.

Do you have proof that they're not finding good homes for the birds?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Did anyone notice the ad after the last post on ths page? It had some pictures that I was unable to decipher but it looked like some kind of spice/herb or something. I clicked the link and it went to naturalnest and some recipes for birds nest soup. :roflmao:

jaie

So happy!
I know the woman that she is talking about. She is not the best person I have ever had to deal with but she means well.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
jaie said:
I know the woman that she is talking about. She is not the best person I have ever had to deal with but she means well.

Is that all you have to add?

jaie

So happy!
elaine said:
Is that all you have to add?
I don't know what to add. I know that she was a dog breeder for a long time. She never take good care of the dogs. When they were injured she would let them suffer and die and not bother to take them to the vet to have them put down because it would cost money.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jaie said:
I don't know what to add. I know that she was a dog breeder for a long time. She never told good care of the dogs. When they were injured she would let them suffer and die and not bother to take them to the vet to have them put down because it would cost money.

How does one told good care?