A warning - The Captain's Table

darkclown

Just thought I'd warn everyone, I went to the Captain's Table for the first time last night and it was definitely a memorable experience for all the wrong reasons. First, our service was awful, you would have thought we were invisible. It took no less that 55 minutes from the time we ordered to the time we got our food, which was extremely overpriced (two other tables seated after us got their food before us, which just made it that much more frustrating). That in itself is unacceptable, but it took 20 minutes just to have our order taken by a waitress. We arrived at 6:00 and did not get out of there until after 7:30. The also made us (and I do mean made us) sit in the smoking section which was awful when you can't deal with smoke. If that all wasn't enough, I was served undercooked crab which made me ill all night long! I didn't think of it when I was eating it, but it really didn't look like crab imperial I have gotten in the past. There was definitely something wrong with it. Safe to say, we and our friends will never go back there again, but I wanted to warn others that if they are interested in a good dining experience on Solomon's Is. they may wish to chose another restaurant.

:barf:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I was there last Friday night and I have gone several times before and liked it but I have to agree that it has gone down hill. I do think they are overpriced for what you get and the food wasn't that good. The server I had was nice but very slow. I doubt I will go back by choice again either.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We've gone there for years and never had a bad experience. Didn't the hostess (who also had something to do with ownership, I think) die recently? She reminded me of the lady on Beetlejuice....the one with the smoke coming out of her neck...

K

Kizzy

She reminded me of the lady on Beetlejuice....the one with the smoke coming out of her neck...

:lol: I hope nobody ever describes me that way.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by IM4Change
:lol: I hope nobody ever describes me that way.

I don't mean in it a bad way. But she looks EXACTLY like the woman (w/o the smoke thing...) and she sounds just like her. She's a very nice lady (or she was....).

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by jeneisen
No she is still alive. At least she was as of a week ago.

Oh, good. I guess it was someone else who was a hostess there or had been a hostess there for a long time that passed away a few months ago.

Cheerios

Orange Roughy

I use to go down there for their Orange Roughy at lunch on the week-ends - - or we would go for breakfast - it has been years since we ate at the Harbor Lights - the one at the very tip, which keeps changing its name -I like the place in the Avondale Center- we eat quite abit at the Naughty Gull - was not too impressed with the place that has its own Marina - and is on the second floor - I want to say Ziminsky's which is not right - we eat at Chappaliers quite a bit - right on the water in Benedict - use to have the best potato pie - and known for their oyster stew - -my favorite place is in White Plains - the Athenian -
with the Silver Skewer running a close 2nd -

pilot

Re: Orange Roughy

Originally posted by Cheerios
- was not too impressed with the place that has its own Marina - and is on the second floor - I want to say Ziminsky's which is not right

You're not talking about Dry Dock? You've got to be kidding! That's one of the best places in the area!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Orange Roughy

Originally posted by pilot
You're not talking about Dry Dock? You've got to be kidding! That's one of the best places in the area!
:yeahthat: Some people have no taste or very limited palates....

Erin

Back to the C. Table

I was there about a month ago. I like that place, we always take our out of town company there and to Evan's. Last time I was there, the Bettle Juice hostess had just used the restroom before I went in. It was gross, she pis*ed all over the seat. You wouldn't expect that of an employee, especially if she has ties to the place. Gross, I hate spending all that time cleaning up, especially after the smoking hostess (and I definitely don't men hot)!

darkclown

Well....

The experience I had there was rough. I wish there were more choices down here. I can also say though, we went to The Naughty Gull again last night and once again had excellent service and food!