What the hells happening to Charles County?????

Disco Stu

Shut Up Little Man!!!!
Every freakin' news article is about some robbery or assualut or worse. What the hells going on with this place?

It wasn't this bad back in the late 80s/early 90s. Must be the influx of PG County and DC section 8 housing people who got kicked out for some reason.

On a bigger note, the black community needs to step up to the plate and hold its young men accountable and responsible for their actions. Too much of this "Tyrone ain't nuthin' but a victim" crap is being used as an excuse for bad criminal behavior.

I am sorry your ancestors were slaves, but that does NOT give you an excuse or validation to live a criminal lifestyle!!!!!!!!!!

Selfish young jerks, only care about their immediate needs and dont give two cents about anyone else.

Last edited:

Lilypad

Robberies and assaults aren't limited just to Blacks- :whistle:
Population of Charles Co.
White persons- 62.3%
Black persons- 32.8%

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Lilypad said:
Robberies and assaults aren't limited just to Blacks- :whistle:
White persons- 62.3%
Black persons- 32.8%

Agreed but do you have a source for those stats? I would like to see it.

jayden0405

YOU CANT BASE IT ON RACE THAT IS THE PROBLEM THIS DAY IN AGE NOW, THE PEOPLE OUT HERE THAT ARE RACIST AND SCARED OF BLACK PEOPLE, WE ARE ALL THE SAME, NO MATTER WHAT THE COLOR OF OUR SKIN IS, THEIR ARE WHITE, BLACK, ASIAN, MEXICAN AND EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE COMMITTING CRIMES TOO. IT'S EVERYONE THAT NEEDS TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY AND STOP ACTING LIKE FOOLS.

AND WHO THE HELL SAID THAT THEY WERE BLAMING IT ON THEIR ANCESTORS BEING SLAVES, COME ON NOW THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM ALWAYS STARTS WITH SOMEONE COMING OUT OF THEIR MOUTH WITH SOME STUPID COMMENTS.

Disco Stu said:
Every freakin' news article is about some robbery or assualut or worse. What the hells going on with this place?

It wasn't this bad back in the late 80s/early 90s. Must be the influx of PG County and DC section 8 housing people who got kicked out for some reason.

On a bigger note, the black community needs to step up to the plate and hold its young me n accountable and responsible for their actions. Too much of this "Tyrone ain't nuthin' but a victim" crap is being used as an excuse for bad criminal behavior.

I am sorry your ancestors were slaves, but that does NOT give you an excuse or validation to live a criminal lifestyle!!!!!!!!!!

Selfish young jerks, only care about their immediate needs and dont give two cents about anyone else.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
jayden0405 said:
YOU CANT BASE IT ON RACE THAT IS THE PROBLEM THIS DAY IN AGE NOW, THE PEOPLE OUT HERE THAT ARE RACIST AND SCARED OF BLACK PEOPLE, WE ARE ALL THE SAME, NO MATTER WHAT THE COLOR OF OUR SKIN IS, THEIR ARE WHITE, BLACK, ASIAN, MEXICAN AND EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE COMMITTING CRIMES TOO. IT'S EVERYONE THAT NEEDS TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY AND STOP ACTING LIKE FOOLS.

AND WHO THE HELL SAID THAT THEY WERE BLAMING IT ON THEIR ANCESTORS BEING SLAVES, COME ON NOW THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM ALWAYS STARTS WITH SOMEONE COMING OUT OF THEIR MOUTH WITH SOME STUPID COMMENTS.
No need to yell.

Azzy

:jameo: I don't know how I ever make it out of the house living in PG County since it's WAY worse than Charles.

johnjrval424

I don't think it matters where you are when you have the "haves" and "have nots" in a society.

Historically, there have always been "categories" in society which most people accept - wealthy, upper middle class, middle class, lower middle class, poverty. How each person achieves that category is based upon their work ethic and business acumen. Some people do fall into being wealthy (old family money, inheriting large parcels of land, etc.) but they still have to work at keeping that status.

I think where the problems lie are the morals and ethics being taught to the subsequent generations. It's not enough that minorities are offered incredible opportunities to help themselves (and yes, statistically, it is proven that minorities have a tremendous advantage over the white population with regard to college tuition assistance, housing, public assistance, etc.) Somehow, they got the impression that it should be given to them simply because of their minority status. It's because of that mindset that the race card gets played and the tension exists between the many races in this country.

I would give my right arm for some of the opportunities afforded to minorities in this country but I don't qualify. Did I feel resentment when I was told that there was no low-interest tuition assistance for me because I was white while a black co-worker was able to get a very low interest loan to complete her degree? Yes. The difference is that I didn't go burn the college down or shoot the finance officer for it. I didn't break into someone's house and steal items to get money. I didn't hold up a bank or rob a liquor store.

Whites tend to not say anything when they are denied something. When was the last time you heard of a white person suing a restaurant because they didn't think they were served fast enough? I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
jayden0405 said:
Watch the news and see if you can figure out why YBMs get singled out for being robbers and rapists.

mike44md

johnjrval424 said:
I don't think it matters where you are when you have the "haves" and "have nots" in a society.

Historically, there have always been "categories" in society which most people accept - wealthy, upper middle class, middle class, lower middle class, poverty. How each person achieves that category is based upon their work ethic and business acumen. Some people do fall into being wealthy (old family money, inheriting large parcels of land, etc.) but they still have to work at keeping that status.

I think where the problems lie are the morals and ethics being taught to the subsequent generations. It's not enough that minorities are offered incredible opportunities to help themselves (and yes, statistically, it is proven that minorities have a tremendous advantage over the white population with regard to college tuition assistance, housing, public assistance, etc.) Somehow, they got the impression that it should be given to them simply because of their minority status. It's because of that mindset that the race card gets played and the tension exists between the many races in this country.

I would give my right arm for some of the opportunities afforded to minorities in this country but I don't qualify. Did I feel resentment when I was told that there was no low-interest tuition assistance for me because I was white while a black co-worker was able to get a very low interest loan to complete her degree? Yes. The difference is that I didn't go burn the college down or shoot the finance officer for it. I didn't break into someone's house and steal items to get money. I didn't hold up a bank or rob a liquor store.

Whites tend to not say anything when they are denied something. When was the last time you heard of a white person suing a restaurant because they didn't think they were served fast enough? I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

I was the victim of so called reverse discrimination, lost my job back in 2001, went to the Department of Social Services for help on the rent, was told to put my wife and kids in the shelter and for me to live in the street and in about 9 months they may have something for me. I was floored and basically told the nice non white person where she could put it and how to put it there. What made me irate was I watched as an african american male go to the window explained that he had lost his job and was in need of help on the rent, and he was issued emergency funds on the spot, there was no difference in our cases. Interesting.......

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I grew up in a minority neighborhood in Washington Heights, NYC. We had just about every race in my neighborhood grewing up. Before I was 17, seeing a "white" person meant it was a cop or welfare social worker or teacher. As the black hispanic/population grew so did the crime. I moved to Waldorf in 1995 and I loved the fact that it was your typical white American area where things were quite and the biggest headline in the local paper was that a deer ran through a plate glass window at the local store. Fact of the matter is that I moved here because it was a quite "white bread" area with minimal crime compared to where I grew up. As we have become the hood here in Chuck County, and the minority population has grown, it has turned into the $H!THOLE that Waldorf is today. Nothing screws up an area more than the minorities that come in and destroy it. I am not making a racist coment here. Its just a fact. Of course if you ask the NAACP/Hispanic Heritage Organizations, we are just being put down by the white man. That's a bunch of crap. Not that there isn't any racial bigotry that exists because I would be stupid to think there isn't, but if you put yourself out there and create the hood like environment that Waldorf has become then we need to face the fact and own up to the fact that we as hiapanics and blacks have done this to our town. Yes I said we, because as a Puerto Rican from the Bronx, I get lumped into the minorities that make up Waldorf who have destroyed what used to be a great place to live.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
flomaster said:
I grew up in a minority neighborhood in Washington Heights, NYC. We had just about every race in my neighborhood grewing up. Before I was 17, seeing a "white" person meant it was a cop or welfare social worker or teacher. As the black hispanic/population grew so did the crime. I moved to Waldorf in 1995 and I loved the fact that it was your typical white American area where things were quite and the biggest headline in the local paper was that a deer ran through a plate glass window at the local store. Fact of the matter is that I moved here because it was a quite "white bread" area with minimal crime compared to where I grew up. As we have become the hood here in Chuck County, and the minority population has grown, it has turned into the $H!THOLE that Waldorf is today. Nothing screws up an area more than the minorities that come in and destroy it. I am not making a racist coment here. Its just a fact. Of course if you ask the NAACP/Hispanic Heritage Organizations, we are just being put down by the white man. That's a bunch of crap. Not that there isn't any racial bigotry that exists because I would be stupid to think there isn't, but if you put yourself out there and create the hood like environment that Waldorf has become then we need to face the fact and own up to the fact that we as hiapanics and blacks have done this to our town. Yes I said we, because as a Puerto Rican from the Bronx, I get lumped into the minorities that make up Waldorf who have destroyed what used to be a great place to live.

Well said!!! :yay:

aubriana

flomaster said:

Very, well said

CandyRain

Seamaid said:
DC moved folks out of housing projects to PG County and now it has spread to Charles Co.
:yeahthat: and it will spill over into neighboring counties eventually. I just wonder if white folk will then move back closer to DC or keep moving further out. :shrug:

aubriana

Just wait and see. When Dyson gets his wish and Metrorail builds a station down here we'll have all those nice people visiting our area!