Hannity v. Rangel

demsformd

I watched Rep. Rangel (D-NY) get into it with Sean Hannity a couple of nights ago. I could only catch the last part of the segment with civilian and unelected Hannity shaming a House veteran and Korean War vet for not supporting the troops or something like that. Is there a transcript of the segement anywhere?

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by demsformd
I watched Rep. Rangel (D-NY) get into it with Sean Hannity a couple of nights ago. I could only catch the last part of the segment with civilian and unelected Hannity shaming a House veteran and Korean War vet for not supporting the troops or something like that. Is there a transcript of the segement anywhere?

I saw it and was stunned. Not that much stuns me anymore and I was overwhelmed with sadness that Rangel is a congressman. While he may have tried to wriggle free of his words by claiming distortion or misunderstanding, It was VERY clear by the look in his eyes that he meant EVERY word he said and no penny ante attempt to do political damage control the next day will ever erase that specticle from my mind. If the Democratic party has any honor they will stip him of any leadership position and withdraw support when he goes up for re-election.

Hannity last night had an Alderman form NY on. That was the best thing that Rangel could have hoped for because this America hating moron made Rangel look like a Reagan conservative.

demsformd

Yea, I have no clue what Rangel was thinking there. There is absolutely no proof there for his remarks and I think that he has a lot of explaining to do. I still find it strange that Hannity would have the audacity to be so negative with a man with Rangel's background as compared to Hannity whose mere function is to serve as an ideologue. Truly unfortunate on both sides.

Pete

Repete
Could you be ovestating Rangels importance to the Democratic party. My best recolectionis that he is on the radical left of the left. I don't think he is taken that seriously by his own party unless they need him for influencing the black vote. As far as Hannity and his audaciouness, the garbage Rangel was spewing was vile. I don't think Hannity even beleived it at first. It's not often a notable Democrat walks up and willfully commits political suicide with no prompting what so ever.

Sad thing is that Trent Lott took a bullet because he tried to make a crack to please an old codger who was retiring and got politcally lynched. Rangel and many others were calling for his head. They claimed that Lott simply slipped up and really spoke him mind. Well Rangel did too on national TV with a large audience. It was dispicable, he should be shown the door. But where is the outrage, the calls for his resignation? Guess it's OK for him because he only belittled military and not blacks or jews.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, Dems, I'm not trying to burst your bubble here but Charlie Rangel isn't any better than Sean Hannity. Just because someone gets elected to public office doesn't make them a stateman, or intelligent, or thoughtful, or fair, or anything. You know that.

Charlie Rangel is a dolt and a race-baiter. He represents Harlem so he screams his head off about how the white man done kep a nigra down so they'll keep re-electing him. Notice that Harlem is no better off with him than they were before he was elected? Why do you suppose that is?

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by vraiblonde
he screams his head off about how the white man done kep a nigra down Notice that Harlem is no better off with him than they were before he was elected? Why do you suppose that is?

:biggrin: :biggrin: thats funny. Vrai, you know Harlem being a miserable suck hole is not due to Rangel but due to those 2 white devils Guliani and Bloomberg. Harlem was posh during the Koch administration.

B

Bruzilla

Rangel is trying to defend himself by pointing out the fact that he was once in the Army. I look at this the same way that I look at all the former cops and FBI agents who offered opinions on the sniper shootings last year. They were all wrong, so being a "former" so-and-so doesn't mean much. Rangal's comments about US forces targeting civilians was just wrong.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Lee Harvey Oswald and John Walker Sr. & Jr also served in the military. Rangles Military service doesn't automatically give him a free pass on anything.