Kramer Says F Ya'll N******

Qurious

Im On 1.
BELIEVABLE!

BROOKE ANDERSON, CNN ENTERTAINMENT CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): The laughing
stopped abruptly Friday night at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles, when renowned
actor and standup comic Michael Richards, best known as Kramer from
"Seinfeld," veered from his act and allegedly spewed the N-word at audience
members in an expletives laden tirade.

DARRYL PITTS, AUDIENCE MEMBER: He goes on a whole diatribe and just goes on
and on and on about -- you know, using the N-word and basically, I'm rich, I
don't care what you think. I don't give an F what you think. I have enough money
to have you arrested. F you, ni99er, again.

ANDERSON: Darryl Pitts was in the audience and says Richards was shaken by a
group of people who were disruptive and told Richards he wasn't funny. Richard's
response?

PITTS: He said, 50 years ago you would be hanging upside down from a tree.

ANDERSON: According to Pitts, Richard launched a venomous personal attack
against the rowdy group that stunned the 300 in attendance.

PITTS: Just got totally silent, it just took all of the air out of the room.
He dropped the mic, and just walked off. There was never any, I'm sorry for what
you just saw.

ANDERSON: Comedian Paul Rodriguez was also on the bill Friday night.

PAUL RODRIGUEZ, COMEDIAN: Once the word " ni99er " comes out of your mouth
and you don't happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of
explaining.

ANDERSON: But Richards, who was back on stage at the Laugh Factory 24 hours
later didn't explain, refusing to talk on camera. He told CNN off-camera he felt
sorry for what happened and he had made amends. To whom or how he made amends,

Richards didn't say.

PITTS: Even if he found those particular guys that he offended, he offended
everyone that was in that club that night. So he didn't make amends to me and
that's not something that I can forget or forgive.

ANDERSON: Comedians are known to sometimes cross the line of good taste
within their acts, but Pitts says Richards' actions far exceeded the boundaries
of what's acceptable and he should take responsibility.

PITTS: He needs to make a public apology to everyone, because he offended
every African-American in this country with what he did.

RODRIGUEZ: Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael
Richards found those limitations.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm sorry, count how many times a black comedian uses the term in their act.. Is it supposed to be any less offensive if a Black person says it, because I have to tell you it's an offensive word to me no matter who says it..

So if "Kramer" needs to apologize, line up all the other comedians that have used it, black, white, Hispanic.. make them apologize too.

rack'm

Jaded
itsbob said:
I'm sorry, count how many times a black comedian uses the term in their act.. Is it supposed to be any less offensive if a Black person says it, because I have to tell you it's an offensive word to me no matter who says it..

So if "Kramer" needs to apologize, line up all the other comedians that have used it, black, white, Hispanic.. make them apologize too.

I think they're a little upset about his reference to hanging them from trees. :lmao:

Qurious

Im On 1.
itsbob said:

u can't be serious??? :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PITTS: He needs to make a public apology to everyone, because he offended every African-American in this country with what he did.
Interesting statement.

RODRIGUEZ: Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael Richards found those limitations.
This is even more interesting. I was completely unaware that freedom of speech had limitations when it came to name-calling or other bigotry and nastiness. Is there like a list of these limitations somewhere? :coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
I think the context was *just* a bit different in Kramer's case. Chris Rock drops the N-bomb in humor, and it's funny. Kramer was just going off on a racist diatribe.

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
This is even more interesting. I was completely unaware that freedom of speech had limitations when it came to name-calling or other bigotry and nastiness. Is there like a list of these limitations somewhere? :coffee:

***** please..........

:killingme :killingme

Qurious

Im On 1.
vraiblonde said:
Why would it matter if he was? Preparing to engage in a little stereotyping and bigotry yourself? :popcorn:

If u can't associate the two, I can't help you with that. :killingme

I'm no good at stereotyping...i'm sure I can learn how to from the threadautomatically assuming the race of the suspects in the annapolis shooting. :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
Is it a coincedence the video starts RIGHT as his tirade, and doesn't record anything that led up to it??
So what? He's a fricken performer. If he can't take some heckling without going off the deep end, he needs to stop doing stand-up.

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
So what? He's a fricken performer. If he can't take some heckling without going off the deep end, he needs to stop doing stand-up.

:yeahthat: Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock both make asses out of the hecklers and it's freaking hilarious! :killingme