Where to buy a stuffed ham?

mizteresa1965

happyappygirl said:
Where is the best place to buy a half a stuffed ham? And what is the average cost? TIA!

The best that I have had is at Murphy's, they charge $9.99 a pound. Lotz of spices! MMMMMMmmmmmmm :razz:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
CMC122 said:
St. Mary's Landing used to be the bestest about $8 or $9 a pound.
While it is good, it is WAY to spicy for my liking. I love a good stuffed ham, I want to be able to enjoy it w/out feeling like I have a habanero in my mouth. :lol:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Chasey_Lane said:
While it is good, it is WAY to spicy for my liking. I love a good stuffed ham, I want to be able to enjoy it w/out feeling like I have a habanero in my mouth. :lol:
Not me! The spicier the better! :yum::

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:
Not me! The spicier the better! :yum::

:yeahthat: My aunt and uncle make the best, but my mom got me some from that place down in Tall Timbers that was excellent. :yay:

K

Keesa

The place in Tall Timbers is "Schaffer's" (think that's how it's spelled). It's next to Piney Point Elem. School. Perfect seasoning - just a "little" bite to it. I don't like spicy food either, but really like theirs. It's about $9 to $10 a pound. Highly recommend it!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
jazz lady said:
:yeahthat: My aunt and uncle make the best, but my mom got me some from that place down in Tall Timbers that was excellent. :yay:

That is where b/f's mom gets her's. It's really good!

My grandmother makes a stuffed ham every year for Christmas, it's seasoned just right. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Keesa said:
The place in Tall Timbers is "Schaffer's" (think that's how it's spelled). It's next to Piney Point Elem. School. Perfect seasoning - just a "little" bite to it. I don't like spicy food either, but really like theirs. It's about $9 to $10 a pound. Highly recommend it!

Thanks. That's the place but I couldn't for the life of me remember its name this morning. :doh: A little bland for my tastes but it was good. :yum:

Bear Creek also has good stuffed ham. :yay:

wineo

loving life
The store in Tall Timbers is now called J. W. Dent and Sons, 301-994-0772. Talk to Andy, he makes the best Stuffed Ham and will ship it where ever you would like. It's the BEST.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I would also get it from Murphy's (if I didn't make my own). Their sausage is good and spicy too. $9.99 a lb for stuffed ham? :yikes: I may need to consider a little side job...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
jazz lady said:
Thanks. That's the place but I couldn't for the life of me remember its name this morning. :doh: A little bland for my tastes but it was good. :yum:

Bear Creek also has good stuffed ham. :yay:
I've had it from Bear Creek :yay: , have their number?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
wineo said:
The store in Tall Timbers is now called J. W. Dent and Sons, 301-994-0772. Talk to Andy, he makes the best Stuffed Ham and will ship it where ever you would like. It's the BEST.
where is this?