9-10 year old girls softball

oldman

Lobster Land
I'm on edge. This is in N.J. but my older brother is managing the 9-10 year old girls softball, fastball, all stars again this year for my hometown. They won their section and then division and are currently (at this moment) playing for the State championship which is the highest they can go. This is the first game in the series and I know the score won't be posted until about midnight. There are only 4 teams playing. I was sort of their mascot last year so know most of the girls and I think they play better ball than I ever did. They've accomplsihed so much already and I would be just elated if they took the title. I'm wishing them luck and would appreciate any good thoughts from you all for their success. I'm not easily excited but I am right now.

mrweb

Iron City
oldman said:
I'm on edge. This is in N.J. but my older brother is managing the 9-10 year old girls softball, fastball, all stars again this year for my hometown. They won their section and then division and are currently (at this moment) playing for the State championship which is the highest they can go. This is the first game in the series and I know the score won't be posted until about midnight. There are only 4 teams playing. I was sort of their mascot last year so know most of the girls and I think they play better ball than I ever did. They've accomplsihed so much already and I would be just elated if they took the title. I'm wishing them luck and would appreciate any good thoughts from you all for their success. I'm not easily excited but I am right now.

Years ago I coached my youngest's team, actually as the assistant coach. The girls won the championship two years in a row thanks to the talent of the coach. I didn't have a clue what I was doing softball-wise, but basically coached the coach. It is exciting to watch the energy of the kids that age. Enjoy....from one old guy to another.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
oldman said:

We love fastpitch softball. Good luck to them. :yay:

My niece plays for Calvert High and also for the 18-under Bayside Blues.

mrweb

Iron City
mrweb said:
Years ago I coached my youngest's team, actually as the assistant coach. The girls won the championship two years in a row thanks to the talent of the coach. I didn't have a clue what I was doing softball-wise, but basically coached the coach. It is exciting to watch the energy of the kids that age. Enjoy....from one old guy to another.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://forums.somd.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1631537 width="50%">9-10 year old girls sof...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>08-07-2006 08:05 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Perv.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I really take offense I am accused of being a pervert for being a responsible dad. You my friend are sick.

oldman

Lobster Land
Shoot, they lost 3 to 2. Either they had a bad night or the opposing team has one heck of a defense. Hope to find some kind of writeup on it when the papers are published and online later this morning.