What has gone wrong with this country!

DarbyOhara

Musician
You know, I was zipping around in the classified and I came upon this ad below under the "Homes for Sale" area.  Can you BELIEVE this idiot!  :burning:   She has the ODASITY to come on a public BB and announce how much OUR tax dollars are paying for her living quarters (btw, she can afford a better place than me and I am a high graded government employee) and wants more of a handout to find homes available to section 8!  She has two kids, so in addition she is probably collecting quite a heap monthly for child support!  Since her status is in assistance, I am sure she is rakin in food stamps and other assistance... for what?  So she can go to college and get a law degree!  So in a few years from now, she's out there makin 3 or 4 times as much as me!  Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize with single mothers struggling to raise their children (but that's another debate that I'd rather not get into at this time); after researching quite extensively and having a lady that works in the field, I can not believe how aweful this has become!  Those lawmakers have no idea what they are doing!

Our country tis of thee?  NO! more like, our country "give" to thee FREE!  While most of us really struggle to make ends meet!

Snip ------------
I am a responsible pre-law student and mother of two. I am in search of a three bedroom, 1-2 bathrooms in the Waldorf, Calvert or Prince George's County areas. I have been approved for assistance of up to $925.00 and I would also be willing to pay an additional $300-400/month. I can assure you that previous controversy with tenants who are recipients of housing assistance does not apply to my children and I. Your home will be very well taken care of. Can anyone help? Please feel free to call me at the number above!
------------

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Yeah, but at least she is going to college and doing something with her self and not going to be on welfare.  And if she is, not to long!! College is very expensive and if she has 2 kids, at least she's trying to better her self and her kids.  I'm not saying it's right, but we don't know the situation.  I hate the people that have like 3 kids and won't stop having them and there on welfare because there too lazy to get out and get a job and stop having kids!!!

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Don't get mad at her for taking advantage of State and Federal giveaways.  Maybe she is one of the few people who really does need assistance.  Maybe her kids have a deadbeat father and she is getting nothign in child support.  Believe me, I hate seeing people getting free rides when I work for everything I have, but that's the fault of the system, not the person applying for it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
DarbyOhara on 11:18 am on April 17, 2002[br] Since her status is in assistance, I am sure she is rakin in food stamps and other assistance... for what?   

Our country tis of thee?  NO! more like, our country "give" to thee FREE!  While most of us really struggle to make ends meet!

Your tax $$$ at work!  

Those lawmakers have no idea what they are doing!

Sure they do--most likely she votes democrat.
--------

Pop out a few babies as a teen and you can have a peice of the pie too!  When you turn 18 you'll qualify for housing assistance, child care, college tuition and who knows what else--more money, yippee!  The rest of us chumps do it the hard way by actually getting a job and working our way thru college, marrying and then having children.  The government steals money out of our pockets to reward these women for their mistakes.  I would guess that most of the money isn't even used for the children.  These gals have to look good so they get their nails and hair done so they can attract the next sperm donor, maybe sell a few food stamps so they can get new threads too.

I don't know this woman so I will refrain from passing judgement on her, but she didn't have those kids by herself.  So where's the daddy(s?)?  Make them pay.

Darby="Classified Reader"??? :lol:  I'm sure it will be deleted soon, thanks for the laugh.

I think she is probably one of the people on government assistance who is actually working to make life better for herself and her kids.  There are plenty of them on welfare and foodstamps who are perfectly content with working at Burger King for the rest of their lives, or watching trash TV and soaps all day.

She probably could have worded it a little better like "I am looking for something in the $1000-$1300 range for rent".  She'd probably get more responses that way.

DarbyOhara

Musician
Sharon on 12:25 pm on April 17, 2002[br]

Pop out a few babies as a teen and you can have a peice of the pie too!  When you turn 18 you'll qualify for housing assistance, child care, college tuition and who knows what else--more money, yippee!  The rest of us chumps do it the hard way by actually getting a job and working our

Sounds like you agree with my displeasurable post.... lol

Darby="Classified Reader"??? :lol:  I'm sure it will be deleted soon, thanks for the laugh.

I'M BUSTED!!!!  :shocked:

DarbyOhara

Musician
grizmonkey on 12:32 pm on April 17, 2002[br]She probably could have worded it a little better like "I am looking for something in the $1000-$1300 range for rent".  She'd probably get more responses that way.

She couldn't say that... the purpose of her post was to find a rentable home that allows people on government assistance (section 8)!  No one wants them as renters because statistically, they take advantage of "everything"/"everyone" that they possibly can!  Meanwhile, they are driving nice vehicles, watching their 32" TV, and complaining that the neighbors don't like them.. if they aren't having more kids...  you go figure!

DarbyOhara

Musician
cariblue on 12:55 pm on April 17, 2002[br]I remember not too long ago, a bunch of people got busted in a sting out west...they were going to 3 or 4 different states collecting unemployment checks.

Yes cariblue... that was on 60 minutes a few years back... it was many women somewhere around Michigan and Illinois.... they were actually BUS'd to the other state to draw their money and BUS'd back to the other state to draw their money there....  My lady worked in a area down south that allowed section 8 in there... here they sat with rent paid... while they had 30 or 40K cars, brand new BIG tv... of course, a PILE of kids and collecting CS.... and beaching and sueing if they didn't get their CS check... and living a lifestyle much better than us!  I think you can take 3 guesses where the "other" money comes from.....  :)

My lady worked in a area down south that allowed section 8 in there... here they sat with rent paid... while they had 30 or 40K cars, brand new BIG tv... of course, a PILE of kids and collecting CS.... and beaching and sueing if they didn't get their CS check... and living a lifestyle much better than us!  I think you can take 3 guesses where the "other" money comes from.....  

He's right and he saw it first hand... I managed a property and they would have the boyfriend living with them .. but try to prove that... you can't.. so he's living there with them on our tax dollars....you try taking them to court for fraud and it gets thrown out of court.. You can't prove he lives there if he keeps and ID or Driver's license with a different address.. :duh:

Also, if the ex does pay child support and it doesn't go thru the welfare system.. you'll never know it .. they won't report it so they pay even less for rent.. until you catch them.. and that's difficult too..

There are alot of people out there who know how to beat the system....
I was once out of work due to back surgery and they laughed me out of the office when I asked for assistance.. go figure that.. I was a single mom with a teenage daughter still in high school with no job and no money for 8 months.. I made it with the help of friends and family... not with the help of the government welfare system.. there is no help for women who get in a situation like I did..

Plus I don't think I would be advertising that I got assistance if I did.. :duh:

Again ... just my opinion and a little first hand knowledge...

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Cariblue--I am with you. I am so tired of paying close to 30% of what I make to a government that doesn't even keep tabs on where it goes. Everytime you turn around they have their hand out ,,, but let a hard working American born man or woman ask for help.
We need to stop the constant flow of money out of this country to countries that will only use it against us.
We need to get our military on the borders and stop the flow of welfare sucking illegals that come into our country by the bus load.
We need to hold the people who are or should be representing us accountable for all the pork and waste that we have going on.
We need to drill in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico for our own oil. Do you think we have to be afraid of a moose flying a jet into one of our buildings?
STOP buying oil from Iraq now. We want to kill that bastard over there but we keep funding him.
The Saudis are NOT our friends. To them we are just a big acount that buys a product from them.
Tea Party? Love it.
But wait. For a real kick in the crotch go to www.consumerfreedom.com and see what we are going to be taxed on next. How about Big Macs and sodas? Good Ol' Hillary is backing this one I understand.
We need a flat tax now!!!
We also need affordable medical coverage for the millions of working Americans that can't afford it. Put American money to work for Americans!

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
:clap:  Chuckster!!!  All the way!  I agree with everything you say!!  I really agree with the medical insurance.  My husbend is a farmer(and no were not rich, for all you demo's who think we are!!) anyways, and they want $600 for my family a month.  I have 2 kids who are very healthy and I'm only 23 and my husbend is only 27.  Now tell me how can I afford $600 a month? So needless to say our family has no health insurance!!! It is like that for not just farmers, but most self-employed!!  And Hillary can kiss my A@@ :moon:

DarbyOhara

Musician
Chuckster on 4:12 pm on April 17, 2002[br]Cariblue--I am with you.[

Count me in too cariblue! There's only three of us so far, but WE CAN WIN! :whip:

I am so tired of paying close to 30% of what I make to a government that doesn't even keep tabs on where it goes. Everytime you turn around they have their hand out ,,, but let a hard working American born man or woman ask for help.

Oh how true Chuck...  I am not tryin to ring my bell or blow my whistle, but some of you (DalmationLady... lol) is gonna beat me up for this....  I paid in over 11 thousand dollars last year on federal taxes alone!  I got peanuts back based on my wage (adjusted gross income... minus being single)... Others (not mentioning names... lol) struggles through the year with a very low income, has children so they claimed Earned Income "Credit" and they run away with thousands in return.... tell me something isn't wrong with that!

We need to stop the constant flow of money out of this country to countries that will only use it against us.

How so true!

We need a flat tax now!!!

It makes TOO much sense, so it will never happen...

We also need affordable medical coverage for the millions of working Americans that can't afford it. Put American money to work for Americans!

Definately, as long as it doesn't get blown outta proportion like the welfare or government assistance programs are.  Canada presently has a citizen health care program and believe me, many have told me it's the pits in a lot of ways.  Herd them in like cattle... brand them a little and KICK them out!  Course, the doctors are probably making a killing, just like down here....

Bottom line people!  Like most things that have gone array in the judicial and legislative system... the one's responsible for making the decisions ARE NOT the one's that have to live with it or in it!

p.s. And while on a combat mission in 1982, in Alaska.. I swear I seen a Moose driving a dog sled through the snow..... :stooges:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess I'm just a sucker because after reading her ad, I immediately got a picture of a young mother who's old man ditched her or possibly died, leaving her alone with two younguns to support.  It's impressive that she's doing something with her life and to set an example for her kids - she could easily sit on welfare forever instead of trying to get an education and become self-supporting.  She could also not be getting anything other than housing - we don't know.

Yes, I have absolutely no sympathy for welfare cheats and those who make a lifestyle out of it.  But I'm not sorry that some of my tax dollars go to help someone get a fresh start in life after a setback.  I mean, which is easier - collect a check or struggle to go to school with two kids at home?

On the other hand, other nations can kiss my butt.  I hate sending them so much as a dime because they're typically ungrateful and live in a sh*thole country where you can drop all the money and food in the world on them and it won't make a bit of difference.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Cariblue-- The uprising has started. Suggest that you go to www.cagw.org to see some of the pork and waste that is flowing from DC. But please, I don't recomend this site if you have high blood preasure or a weak stomach.

Y

yornoc

Sure! I think the welfare system needs some "serious" re-work but in this case, I applaud this person because she got off her "behind" and is doing something to better her and her kids future.  This is what the system was designed to do.  The individual is supposed to becomes self sufficient and pay's back (via taxes) into the system vice being a parasite.  Since I moved here (to MD) I've ran into a few people who have spent more of their adult lives being on the welfare program than off it.  Worst of all, it appeared that they had/have NO plans to get off it.

Sorry DarbyOhara, but I think in this case (based on the little I know about this person) the system is working 'cause this person is making progress on having a better life.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Vraiblonde and all other in this forum
Please do not take what I posted the wrong way. We need to help some Americans that are down on their luck. I have been one of the lucky ones who has never had to claim a unemployment check, (that is as of today ,,, see what tomorrow brings) However we can't help Americans if we constantly export cash to these ungrateful countries who at some point will turn against us.
I am tired of seeing hungry children in other countries on TV knowing all the time we have hungry children right here in America. Even with both parents working, some kids still go to bed hungry. Are the taxes to blame for this? Well they sure add to the problem. If someone in this forum paid out $11,000. in taxes, I would guess that would mean apx a $40,000/45,000. gross pay. It would sure be nice to pay $4000. in taxes and use the remaining $7000. for retirement, savings or medical insurance.
All of us can make a difference.... Start making some noise. Start at the county level and work your way up(or down) to DC. WE put them in office and WE can take them out!

[quote} Darby...lol...I am not tryin to ring my bell or blow my whistle, but some of you (DalmationLady... lol) is gonna beat me up for this....  I paid in over 11 thousand dollars last year on federal taxes alone!  I got peanuts back based on my wage (adjusted gross income... minus being single)... Others (not mentioning names... lol) struggles through the year with a very low income, has children so they claimed Earned Income "Credit" and they run away with thousands in return.... tell me something isn't wrong with that! [/quote]

I only see it as a way that the government finally helped me out.. not when I actually needed.. in order to keep the house I was renting.. but later.. I lost the home I had and most of my belongings.. had to start completely over rebuilding a home.. for my daughter and myself... sent her back to live with her dad.. cause I couldn't feed us....8 months later.. I struggled ..darn right.. but I think that made me a better person.. :peace:

I've learned many times over the last 3 or 4 years how to pay bills.. keep things you need (like your car to get to work) and I guess that's why I am so proud of the belongings I have now.. and of the man (Darby) I've met.. and love... you don't know what you have ... until you lose it.. :biggrin:

but as far as those who just suck and suck off the welfare system.. I'd be one of the FIRST to turn them in... :yum:

This is no joke.. what I saw when Managing a Section 8 property down in South Georgia was people who would go to work until I saw them at Burger King or McDonald's.. (because they knew when I saw them working they had to come into my office and redo their paper work to include that income to base their rent on)..These people would actually quit their jobs to keep from paying 5 dollars more in rent and most of them didn't even pay rent... the government was paying it for them ... They had Big Screen TV's.. much nicer car than I did and food like you wouldn't believe.. but because I tried to do my job and what the government said... I overheard threats regarding me... I actually had become afraid to live or work on this property... and if you don't think some of these people will take you out !  Your wrong ... they will.. just to keep from paying rent ..