Hypothetical here...

BuddyLee

Football addict
...lets say your neighbors dog(s) keep getting into your trashcans and drag that trash across your two acres.

Lets also say that you have confronted said neighbor via phone, in writ, and physically asking they keep the dog(s) out of the trash.

You even buy new trashcans and straps to help ensure the trash is secure and especially after said dog has chewed numerous holes in your other trashcans.

You come home today to find that the trash is strewn across the lawn, again.

You pick it up. Two hours later the same instance occurs.

What can a resident do? What will animal control do? Any legal measures?

Pete

Repete
BuddyLee said:
...lets say your neighbors dog(s) keep getting into your trashcans and drag that trash across your two acres.

Lets also say that you have confronted said neighbor via phone, in writ, and physically asking they keep the dog out of the trash.

You even buy new trashcans and straps to help ensure the trash is secure and especially after said dog has chewed numerous holes in your other trashcans.

You come home today to find that the trash is strewn across the lawn, again.

You pick it up. Two hours later the same instance occurs.

.222 and a night vision scope.

Toxick

Splat
BuddyLee said:

A resident can hypothetically put a big bowl of anti-freeze near the trashcan.

Or they can call animal control and lodge a complaint against their hypothetical asshat of a neighbor.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Put a cup of ammonia in your trash bags before you close them up. Doggie will only get into your trash *one* more time. I promise.

smoothmarine187

You need to snatch your neighbor out of his house by the ear, and then drag him all across your yard picking up the trash!

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Put a cup of ammonia in your trash bags before you close them up. Doggie will only get into your trash *one* more time. I promise.
Will this harm them in any way? This is 'one' of those neighbors if you know what I mean.

Vince

First call animal control. Then a pellet gun is a good deterent. As soon as you see them in the trash can vicinity....if that doesn't work, I've built a wooden box to house mine. Never had a problem with animals getting into it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
Will this harm them in any way? This is 'one' of those neighbors if you know what I mean.
Define "harm". No, it won't permanently injure the dog. But he'll be rolling around, howling and pawning his nose for awhile. In fact, he may smell the ammonia through the bag and not even go for it.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Define "harm". No, it won't permanently injure the dog. But he'll be rolling around, howling and pawning his nose for awhile. In fact, he may smell the ammonia through the bag and not even go for it.
Thanks, might have to try this one out. :burning:lol

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
aps45819 said:
Just shoot them and bury them in the back yard

You are talking about the dogs owners right, not the dogs. Its not the dogs fault. As usual, its the PARENTS!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I assume those of you that want to shoot or poision an poor animal because its ####### owners aren't really serious.

Buddy, call animal control and file a complaint.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
smoothmarine187 said:
You need to snatch your neighbor out of his house by the ear, and then drag him all across your yard picking up the trash!

Typical Marine....And I likes the way he thinks.... :lmao:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
smoothmarine187 said:

I like your way of thinking.

Toxick

Splat
BuddyLee said:

I don't. I guess you're talking about one who would try to sue?

First off - this neighbor is breaking the law by allowing their dogs to run free in the neighborhood.

Also, this neighbor has been approached many times asking them to control their animals, and they continue to refuse, and continue to allow the dogs to roam illegally through the neighborhood.

I'm quite certain there must be some legal recourse that is available to force this neighbor to control their dogs.

Perhaps the resident can obtain a trap from Animal control? They will supply residents with a trap (it's very humane and won't harm the dog) that they can place on their property, and when a dog springs the trap, they immediately call Animal Control who comes and removes the animal.

Then when the neighbor goes to pick up the animal, they will get a warning and perhaps a fine.

BuddyLee

Football addict
cattitude said:
I assume those of you that want to shoot or poision an poor animal because its ####### owners aren't really serious.

Buddy, call animal control and file a complaint.
What will Animal Control actually do? Will they log it into a book or come out and make a big neighborhood hoop-la?

Only reason I ask is because I've never had any dealings with Animal Control.