Dr. Atkins Is Getting Fat

K

Kain99

It's not his waistline that's growing -- it's his wallet. Here's how Atkins Nutritionals turned the diet world's flavor of the month into a $100 million-plus empire.
By Susan Orenstein, April 2003 Issue

Very Happy news for Dr. A! :smile:

K

Kizzy

Great article Kain. As you know from reading here on the forum, Wal Mart cannot keep the Atkins drinks in stock and the candy bars get picked over quickly. Therefore, it must be catching on.

K

Kizzy

My dad stopped by my office today and his jacket is so big now, it is past his a$$. I told my dad he needs a new coat. He had the biggest smile and said yep, the diet IS working. But, he refuses to buy a new jacket now since jacket weather is almost over and he insist he will be in a much smaller size come September. As I was walking him outside, many people stopped and told him how great he looks.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I'm so happy for him, Kim!!!! What awesome progress he's making!!!!

I just sold almost ALL of my pants!! Only 1 pair of jeans left that fit. I refuse to buy more yet, though, b/c summer is nearly here.

K

Kizzy

I refuse to buy summer cloths yet, because I am not ready to commit to a size just yet. But, I did break down and bought a bathing suit. It is a tad too tight, but I'm keeping it as encouragement to drop some more weight. It is just too pretty and it has a wrap to match.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Congrats to all of you! I'm making homemade ice cream right now - I have an ice cream maker that my thoughtful mother-in-law gave me. With the Splenda, cream, a little milk and some fruit, it comes out to about 6gms per serving. :yum:

And as I was buying my ingredients, you'll never guess what I saw! My Safeway up here is carrying Atkins ice cream! No lie! I didn't buy any because my homemade is better but it's a sign of the times.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Congrats to all of you! I'm making homemade ice cream right now - I have an ice cream maker that my thoughtful mother-in-law gave me. With the Splenda, cream, a little milk and some fruit, it comes out to about 6gms per serving. :yum:

And as I was buying my ingredients, you'll never guess what I saw! My Safeway up here is carrying Atkins ice cream! No lie! I didn't buy any because my homemade is better but it's a sign of the times.

I didn't even know they had icecream! (atkins that is). How many grams does it have??

Do they have splenda in the canisters up there? All I ever saw while in SOMD was the packets, but I only looked for it once so I may have just missed it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm in Frederick and our Safeway has Splenda in the box, granular with a pour spout. The Atkins ice cream is in little cups and has about 6gms. Only chocolate and vanilla. :frown: The stuff I'm making is peach/raspberry. :yum:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'm in Frederick and our Safeway has Splenda in the box, granular with a pour spout. The Atkins ice cream is in little cups and has about 6gms. Only chocolate and vanilla. :frown: The stuff I'm making is peach/raspberry. :yum:

yum!