New MTA Bus stop at Charlotte Hall

granny45

Is there anyone on here who rides the Keller buses? What do you think about the new bus stop in Charlotte Hall? Pretty dark there.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
granny45 said:
Is there anyone on here who rides the Keller buses? What do you think about the new bus stop in Charlotte Hall? Pretty dark there.

Yeah it would be nice if they would put up some lights for us

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Call:
Tri County Council - Robin Briscoe 301-870-2520 and tell her. She is a county coordinator for the state and works closely with MTA and Keller's with the commuter bus service.

Also call MTA. 410-333-2354.

Don't bother calling Keller's. They can't help you. They can only listen to your suggestion, but they don't have any pull in getting lights put up. MTA & TCC can push to get that done.

rack'm

Jaded
granny45 said:

Where is the new stop??

SamSpade

*SUCKS* big time. I got there at 5:20 this morning - and couldn't find a spot near my bus stop. Did they not count the number of spots needed for the bus? I can't imagine what a pain it's gonna be if I had to take a later bus. I'd be walking a couple hundred yards.

Also - we're in the dark again. The road is slight curved, so the bus tilts to one side when I get on. I almost fell into my seat. And at least for now, there's no clear distinction of who's waiting for what bus, so when the bus arrives and you're at a stop where more than one bus loads, there's a few moments of mild pandemonium.

I hope they either pave that area near the trees - or allow some parking under the trees. Because if they don't, the businesses are STILL going to have people taking up their parking lot. There's just not enough space for them.

There is at least one advantage - for the buses. They have a much easier time getting in and out. Previously, I swear it looked like they were all at war with one another to get around.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
rack'm said:
Where is the new stop??

Same place, they just moved the stop to the service road that runs parallel to Rt. 5 between Arbys and the Farmer's Market. (I think that's where it's at anyway...)

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
SamSpade said:
*SUCKS* big time. I got there at 5:20 this morning - and couldn't find a spot near my bus stop. Did they not count the number of spots needed for the bus? I can't imagine what a pain it's gonna be if I had to take a later bus. I'd be walking a couple hundred yards.

Also - we're in the dark again. The road is slight curved, so the bus tilts to one side when I get on. I almost fell into my seat. And at least for now, there's no clear distinction of who's waiting for what bus, so when the bus arrives and you're at a stop where more than one bus loads, there's a few moments of mild pandemonium.

I hope they either pave that area near the trees - or allow some parking under the trees. Because if they don't, the businesses are STILL going to have people taking up their parking lot. There's just not enough space for them.

There is at least one advantage - for the buses. They have a much easier time getting in and out. Previously, I swear it looked like they were all at war with one another to get around.

I ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH PARKING A MILE AWAY, SO TOMORROW i THINK i'M JUST GONNA PARK IN THE DIRT UNDER THE TREES.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
nachomama said:
Call:
Tri County Council - Robin Briscoe 301-870-2520 and tell her. She is a county coordinator for the state and works closely with MTA and Keller's with the commuter bus service.

Also call MTA. 410-333-2354.

Don't bother calling Keller's. They can't help you. They can only listen to your suggestion, but they don't have any pull in getting lights put up. MTA & TCC can push to get that done.

I just called MTA, they said they will check it out and have lights put up.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sanchezf said:
I just called MTA, they said they will check it out and have lights put up.

Good deal! Keep on them, if you don't see results, I have the name of a major player up there who doesn't like his phone to ring...he will make sure it gets done.

granny45

I know alot of people who ride the bus at my agency have either called or written to MTA to complain about the lighting there. So hopefully MTA will listen and do something about it. Also would be nice if they had lines on the paved parking lot.

rack'm

Jaded
sanchezf said:
Rumor is either the strip mall or Burger King complained about people not parking in the marked areas..

That makes sense........when I pick up my car pool rider, the Burger King lot by the drive thru is already full at 5:15am.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sanchezf said:
Rumor is either the strip mall or Burger King complained about people not parking in the marked areas..

The merchants do complain. The owner of the property has complained for years about threatening to take away the privileges he provides to the state to allow people to park there. At one time, I know the state was looking at the property at the corner of Rts 5 and 6, across from 84 Lumber, as a potential new parking lot. I don't know whatever happened with that...but apparently it's not going to happen since the owner of the shopping center went and paved that area in the back.

He does need to provide lighting back there. Or he needs to give MTA permission to purchase lighting if he doesn't want to pay for it.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
01-10-2007 11:01 AM lazy is as lazy does

WTH is that supposed to mean.. Please grow some and sign your Karma...
Have a wonderful day ...

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sanchezf said:
01-10-2007 11:01 AM lazy is as lazy does

WTH is that supposed to mean.. Please grow some and sign your Karma...
Have a wonderful day ...

:lmao: It's ok. I didn't mind standing outside waiting for the busses in the middle of July, but I hated waiting outside waiting on mornings like today and colder. bbbbrrrrrrrrr.