CSM Men's Basketball Team!

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
How sad is it that the College of Southern Maryland had to pull and cancelled the men's basketball season due to players not meeting the required GPA, how sad, ready for this, the required GPA for a junior college is only a 2.0. What is happening to the young adults of Southern Maryland when they cannot maintain a 2.0! :boo:

C

chess

checkingthenews said:
How sad is it that the College of Southern Maryland had to pull and cancelled the men's basketball season due to players not meeting the required GPA, how sad, ready for this, the required GPA for a junior college is only a 2.0. What is happening to the young adults of Southern Maryland when they cannot maintain a 2.0! :boo:

its very sad....

angel11284

gotta love the southern maryland educational system...they just push kids through school and when they get to college they fall on their faces

C

chess

angel11284 said:
gotta love the southern maryland educational system...they just push kids through school and when they get to college they fall on their faces

Well I think that when you get to college, you have to be independent, and you have to know how to manage your your studies and work and what not...

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I blame the college also, there is no way they could not have known these kids were DEE DEE DEE's with hoop skills... :coffee:

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
angel11284 said:
Don't blame it on the school system, blame it on the kids that don't give a crap, and the parents that support them. All the tools are there for them to do well, they just have to CHOSE to do well.

My son is currently attending CSM, and has a 4.0 the last three semesters (or maybe a 3.8 not sure about one class) and will soon be transferring to SMC.. Patuxent High School was FANTASTIC.

That and anyone that says anything bad about Southern MD schools has probably never been out of the area to see what bad schools are really like..

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
itsbob said:
Don't blame it on the school system, blame it on the kids that don't give a crap, and the parents that support them. All the tools are there for them to do well, they just have to CHOSE to do well.

My son is currently attending CSM, and has a 4.0 the last three semesters (or maybe a 3.8 not sure about one class) and will soon be transferring to SMC.. Patuxent High School was FANTASTIC.

That and anyone that says anything bad about Southern MD schools has probably never been out of the area to see what bad schools are really like..
:yeahthat:

fredsaid2

itsbob said:

Exactly! There are plenty of high achievers that do well in all aspects here in our school systems. If the CSM basketball players didn't have their heads on straight perhaps loosing out on the season will help them see the light. Kudos to the college for playing by the rules and pulling the team.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
fredsaid2 said:
Exactly! There are plenty of high achievers that do well in all aspects here in our school systems. If the CSM basketball players didn't have their heads on straight perhaps loosing out on the season will help them see the light. Kudos to the college for playing by the rules and pulling the team.

I started this thread and I agree with you, kudos to CSM for doing that, maybe others should follow suit.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
checkingthenews said:
I started this thread and I agree with you, kudos to CSM for doing that, maybe others should follow suit.

Yes and lets start by retesting all of the NBA and NFL!!! :coffee:

mrweb

Iron City
checkingthenews said:

I taught a database course at CSM for a few semesters. They had to write two papers during the semester. They were all :bawl: because I took off for spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. They argued that it was a computer course, not an English course. I got sick and tired of the whining and resigned.

C

chess

mrweb said:
I taught a database course at CSM for a few semesters. They had to write two papers during the semester. They were all :bawl: because I took off for spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. They argued that it was a computer course, not an English course. I got sick and tired of the whining and resigned.

I know you probably got frustrated from students like that... They should have been taking english 101 anyways so they shouldnt have to ##### about professors/teachers taking off for that. I dont blame you and would have done the same