Getting to know your neighbours!

roxie

A friend sent me this..she found out that her babysitter had DUI's and that a Domestic on her husband. She said they seemed tlike wonderful people. She met them at church!

meangirl

Nice lady!
I have the weirdest neighbors ever. I don't even want to know what they have done. I just don't speak to them at all. :jameo:

MargeInCharge

It's also great when you have a teenager, to check out their friends and see what kind of tickets they've gotten. There are some kids on there that I would never let my kids ride with, based on the amount of tickets they've gotten. For the speeding tickets, it shows how fast they were going and how much over the speed limit they were. Very illuminating!

S

somdebay

I have a new set of neighbors I now dislike, other than the Kfed wanna be across the street. Now the next door neighbors are outside with some country music playing as loud as they can at 11 at night. It's ok though, they don't like hearing slipknot playing over their music...my car stereo is louder than theirs...made them shut up pretty quick. Since the civil attempt at asking them to turn it down some did not work.

roxie

When my daughter was in high school we had quite a few disagreements over her then boyfriend. They broke up when she went away to college. I looked him up and he has 3 pages on him!!! I took delight in forwarding her the site!!!

MargeInCharge

somdebay said:
I have a new set of neighbors I now dislike, other than the Kfed wanna be across the street. Now the next door neighbors are outside with some country music playing as loud as they can at 11 at night. It's ok though, they don't like hearing slipknot playing over their music...my car stereo is louder than theirs...made them shut up pretty quick. Since the civil attempt at asking them to turn it down some did not work.

Call the police, they'll take care of it. We tried for years to ask our neighbors on our own, and they'd always start doing it again. Thumping base coming out of their garage which shook our floors, and they somehow couldn't understand why we minded. So now we just call the police, and it quiets them right down. Give it a try.

meangirl

Nice lady!
MargeInCharge said:
Call the police, they'll take care of it. We tried for years to ask our neighbors on our own, and they'd always start doing it again. Thumping base coming out of their garage which shook our floors, and they somehow couldn't understand why we minded. So now we just call the police, and it quiets them right down. Give it a try.

I wouldn't do that. I believe in live and let live. Some of mine blast their yukky country music on the weekend, ugh, but they don't complain when I blast my rock music all week. Just the way it is. I would NEVER call the cops on my neighbors unless they were doing something truly awful. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Or do what I did. Move out to the country and DON'T have any near neighbors. :lmao:

I do feel your pain. When I lived in Calvert, my house was on the corner and there was a lot of traffic to get to the houses in back of me. Quite often you could hear the bass of the music long before you could hear the music itself and they liked to do this in the wee hours of the morning. By the time they went by my house, pictures were rattling on the walls. :ohwell:

MargeInCharge

meangirl said:
I wouldn't do that. I believe in live and let live. Some of mine blast their yukky country music on the weekend, ugh, but they don't complain when I blast my rock music all week. Just the way it is. I would NEVER call the cops on my neighbors unless they were doing something truly awful. :yay:

It was only a last resort, believe me. We tried for YEARS to resolve it, at least 7 years. Then we had enough. It wasn't just the weekends, it was during the week, until well into the middle of the night. I would have been more okay with it on the weekends. There was no way to sleep when the floors were vibrating, believe me, and all you could hear was pounding drums and bass (they have a band). It kept my kids awake, and they had to get up and go to school. These people do not have to get up in the morning and can sleep all day, when my husband gets up 3:30-ish to go to work.

To give you some idea of what kind of people these are, when a cop came out once, the neighbor got belligerent with the cop and said, "As soon as you leave, I'm just going to start playing again," to which the cop replied, "If I come back tonight, you are going to jail." They were much quieter after that.

Last edited:
S

somdebay

MargeInCharge said:

Done it twice before...somehow the officer that they know always ends up showing up. He usually stops by their house once every week or so...each time we called the cops...thats who showed up. Did no good, it stops them for that night, but it just starts again.

S

somdebay

jazz lady said:
Or do what I did. Move out to the country and DON'T have any near neighbors. :lmao:

I do feel your pain. When I lived in Calvert, my house was on the corner and there was a lot of traffic to get to the houses in back of me. Quite often you could hear the bass of the music long before you could hear the music itself and they liked to do this in the wee hours of the morning. By the time they went by my house, pictures were rattling on the walls. :ohwell:

I wish I could move out to the country, I have no need for neighbors. Give me a mile distance all the way around and I am perfectly content.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
My 17YO neighbor had 2 trials set for 9/12/06 & 11/3/06 and he has 2 "Failure to Appear" I guess some people just don't have to appear when their court date is posted...He is still driving and both cases are still open..I thought if you didn't appear, they came and got ya.

HunterJJD

Dupontster said:
My 17YO neighbor had 2 trials set for 9/12/06 & 11/3/06 and he has 2 "Failure to Appear" I guess some people just don't have to appear when their court date is posted...He is still driving and both cases are still open..I thought if you didn't appear, they came and got ya.
They will, he will screw up and they will run his record and off he goes

Ponytail

You all should be thankfull for your loud music complaints. My first year of living here included weekly visits from police officers at 3-4am looking for the neighbor across the street, and asking for permission to park in my driveway and search my property. Twice the searches included USING my other neighbor to help them with the aid of searchlights from helicopters.

The searches would happen 2-3 times a week.

they eventually moved, now I AM the redneck neighbor. :lol:

jetmonkey

I used to work with the most retarded individual I've ever met. I heard he got into trouble, wasn't surprised at all but never knew what he did. Here it is:

CHILD ABUSE-2ND DEGREE: HOUSE
ATT 2ND DEG SEX OFFENSE
SEX OFFENSE THIRD DEGREE
ATT-PERVERTED PRACTICE
SOLICIT TO COMMIT CRIME
SOLICIT TO COMMIT CRIME
ELEC MAIL HARASS

Followed by a divorce, forclosure and what looks like two small claims court rulings against him.

What a douche.

D

dems4me

I don't know any of my neighbors last names, so I looked up me. What is a NR case type? I have a traffic... but in 2003 it has an NR instead of traffic :shrug:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jetmonkey said:
I used to work with the most retarded individual I've ever met. I heard he got into trouble, wasn't surprised at all but never knew what he did. Here it is:

CHILD ABUSE-2ND DEGREE: HOUSE
ATT 2ND DEG SEX OFFENSE
SEX OFFENSE THIRD DEGREE
ATT-PERVERTED PRACTICE
SOLICIT TO COMMIT CRIME
SOLICIT TO COMMIT CRIME
ELEC MAIL HARASS

Followed by a divorce, forclosure and what looks like two small claims court rulings against him.

What a douche.
Were his initials B.D.?