Beware of Waldorf/Leonardtown Ford

JenArg

They will totally scam you and mislead you regarding repair work that should be covered under warranty.

They will lie to your face when purchasing an extended warranty as well. Yes, I should of read the "fine" print, but when the finance guy tells you that the warranty will expire at a certain mileage, and that the warranty begins with the mileage on the vehicle when you purchase it, you have no reason not to believe him. The fine print tells you otherwise.

They will give you the run-around regarding repairs and by the time you figure everything out, the warranty has expired and they will tell you there is nothing they can do. They are also smart enough that they don't "document" your visit to the dealership, so you can't "prove" that you were there regarding the issue.

Granted, I let myself be mislead but you always learn from your mistakes and I can guarantee that it won't happen again.

And isn't it strange, that when I called the General Manager, so I could address my concerns, (a person that I have never spoken to before) already knew exactly who I was and the reason I was calling. Why would the General Manager know all about this if there wasn't any "wrong doing"??? Why would a service technician feel that the General Manager should be aware of it? Fishy.. huh?

The lessons that I learned:

1. If you bring a vehicle in for a problem, make sure that a ticket is written up so that you can prove that the vehicle was there. Don't let them get in the vehicle, do a test drive, and then tell you that it isn't a concern and that simple "fix" is all that is needed and you should take it somewhere else. Simple fix means "short-term"..but long enough so that when the problem comes back, the warranty has expired.

2. Always get a second opinion from a non-Ford or non-dealership mechanic.

3. If you do take your vehicle to the dealership for repairs, tell them right off that if the work isn't covered under warranty, than they won't be doing the repairs. They like to tell you that the "problem" with your vehicle isn't covered under warranty and then try to charge you for some bogus repairs. But what they really do is fix the "warranty problem" and charge you for something else that wasn't even a problem.

3. If you do buy an extended warranty (I don't ever recommend that you do) make sure to read the contract carefully and ALL THE FINE PRINT.

4. Don't ever purchase a vehicle from Waldorf/Leonardtown Ford.

Signed,
Jennifer
A very pissed off Ford customer who is $1000+ poorer because she was scammed. (And yes, probably a bit ignorant ..but not anymore)

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
JenArg said:
They will totally scam you and mislead you regarding repair work that should be covered under warranty.

They will lie to your face when purchasing an extended warranty as well. Yes, I should of read the "fine" print, but when the finance guy tells you that the warranty will expire at a certain mileage, and that the warranty begins with the mileage on the vehicle when you purchase it, you have no reason not to believe him. The fine print tells you otherwise.

They will give you the run-around regarding repairs and by the time you figure everything out, the warranty has expired and they will tell you there is nothing they can do. They are also smart enough that they don't "document" your visit to the dealership, so you can't "prove" that you were there regarding the issue.

Granted, I let myself be mislead but you always learn from your mistakes and I can guarantee that it won't happen again.

And isn't it strange, that when I called the General Manager, so I could address my concerns, (a person that I have never spoken to before) already knew exactly who I was and the reason I was calling. Why would the General Manager know all about this if there wasn't any "wrong doing"??? Why would a service technician feel that the General Manager should be aware of it? Fishy.. huh?

1. If you bring a vehicle in for a problem, make sure that a ticket is written up so that you can prove that the vehicle was there. Don't let them get in the vehicle, do a test drive, and then tell you that it isn't a concern and that simple "fix" is all that is needed and you should take it somewhere else. Simple fix means "short-term"..but long enough so that when the problem comes back, the warranty has expired.

3. If you do take your vehicle to the dealership for repairs, tell them right off that if the work isn't covered under warranty, than they won't be doing the repairs. They like to tell you that the "problem" with your vehicle isn't covered under warranty and then try to charge you for some bogus repairs. But what they really do is fix the "warranty problem" and charge you for something else that wasn't even a problem.

3. If you do buy an extended warranty (I don't ever recommend that you do) make sure to read the contract carefully and ALL THE FINE PRINT.

Signed,
Jennifer
A very pissed off Ford customer who is $1000+ poorer because she was scammed. (And yes, probably a bit ignorant ..but not anymore)

Do yourself a favor and call Ford Motor company to complain about the problems you have had with the dealer. Sometimes you will be surprised how quick a dealer is to take care of a customer after they realize that corporate knows whats up.

N

nitwhit3286

JenArg said:

Signed,
Jennifer

its sad you had to learn a lesson the hard way....Ourisman Honda and VW in Laurel tried to do the same crap to me not even two months after I purchased a vehicle from them. So much crap over what it was and what it wasn't with the car..I called up VW co. directly and I spoke to someone that took care of the problem..so instead of spending over 1,000 I spent only 100 and I don't know what that 100 bucks was for...the service manager said it was for the warranty deductible...needless to say it wasn't...but it's only 100 bucks...so there was no point in arguing about it. I got my car back and all is well and good. :yay:

N

nitwhit3286

FastCarsSpeed said:
Do yourself a favor and call Ford Motor company to complain about the problems you have had with the dealer. Sometimes you will be surprised how quick a dealer is to take care of a customer after they realize that corporate knows whats up.

exactly what I did!!

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
FastCarsSpeed said:

This is true. My first car was used 1yr old and my tires were bald and I had no clue that they were. I fought with an arbitrator to get the dealer to replace them. They wouldn't budge and after much frustration. I decided to make a deal with them that if I bought the tires would they put them on and balance them. The agreed and I went ot NTB and got 4 for $80.

Little did I know that most tire places put tires on for you at no extra charge. :doh: No clue why the dealer agreed to this. :killingme

If you don't see a real way of getting what you want having called Ford, try to get them to do the labor and you pay for parts or whichever one is cheapest on you. Sometimes they will agree to insane compromises. I didn't read your post so hopefully you didn't already try this. I'll go read it now. :flowers:

Ponytail

elaine said:
You and flo wanna' have lunch tomorrow?

I'll ask him. Unless something comes up, it should be ok. We've been pretty busy dealing with some non-sense that's keeping him in the office during lunch.

JenArg

No worries. I have thick skin and I am a long time lurker on this board. I know how y'all act. LOLOL

I am also a moderator of a very large message board and I know it takes all kinds.

I just felt the need to vent. I also hoped to help somebody else not be taken for a fool like I was.

Jen
Might be a fool.. but not blond! :razz:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Mikeinsmd said:
I firmly believe dealers, repair shops etc.... get a chubby when a woman walks in. :lmao:

They hear; "CHA CHING!!"
Not if you do some research before you go in and at the very least PRETEND that you know whats wrong.

Waldorf Ford tried to pull a fast one on me back in 1997. All the paperwork was signed and finalized. They called me the next day telling me I needed to put down several thousand dollars as a down payment.

I let them know I was not stupid and all the paperwork was finalized and they weren't getting another cent out of me. That was the last time I dealt with them.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ponytail said:
I'll ask him. Unless something comes up, it should be ok. We've been pretty busy dealing with some non-sense that's keeping him in the office during lunch.

Let me know.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Mikeinsmd said:
You thought your blinker fluid was low dintcha?
No, I try to walk into places at least with a vague idea of wtf is wrong. I've got something going on with my headlights right now....I'm going to replace the relay before I take it to the shop. And if they think I'm going to spend $1000 to replace wiring on a car I hate, they got another think coming.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Mikeinsmd said:
I firmly believe dealers, repair shops etc.... get a chubby when a woman walks in. :lmao:

They hear; "CHA CHING!!"

Oh you have heard nothing yet. I use to pay the guy in the neighborhood to change my oil if I bought the stuff required. I use to spend like $50 because I thought oil changes at the auto shops were like $100 or more because it dealt with the engine.

In addition, I once bought a tire used for $15 because I thought I could only buy new tires in sets of 4.

And lastly, my wheel cover came off of my car after hitting a pothole. I saved it and took it to Hubcap heaven, they couldnt' fix it because I didn't have this ring thing that was on it before it popped off. So I bought another dealer hubcap for $70.

Chubby? Oh, I'm sure and they are probably still telling my stories and wondering where I am and what I've been up to. :killingme