New Stove

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, it's time to replace the old stove/oven for a new one. I am thinking about one of those flat top ones that doesn't have the bowl type burners. Any suggestions yea or nay?

Also, how hard would it be to have a gas one installed since the old one is electric.

Thanks.... :cheesy:

K

Kain99

We have a flat top stove and I love it! Clean up is a breeze not to mention all the cool digital options that make cooking a lot faster and more fun. :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
We got a gas cooktop with sealed burners and an electric wall oven in our new house. I like the gas for cooking with pots as you can adjust the temperature very quickly. The sealed burners and stainless steel base make it very easy to clean. I've heard you need perfectly flat-bottomed pots for the smooth-tops or you will have very uneven heating. I like electric for the oven as it regulates the temperature better than gas.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Ack! Hope you went for the gas stove rather than the ceramic cooktop! If you're not into cooking anything exotic, then they're fine... But several of my friends who consider themselves "serious" cooks wouldn't consider anything BUT gas...

Some good brands: Viking (lifetime warranty, but VERY expensive – like $5K), JennAir (has that really cool indoor grill option!), and Fridgidaire...

If you buy stainless steel, it will always match anything else and won't chip or scratch like the enameled ones can.

Good luck!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks Sierra, I haven't even started to shop yet. I would much rather have a gas stove, but then I would have to have the lines installed etc. and wonder how much that would cost and how much of a PITA would it be... blahblahblah...