St Marys Animal Control

C

czygvtwkr

Does anyone know if they will come get a wild animal out of my attic or should I call an exterminator?

J

jp2854

WE had flying squirrels and there was a guy in the phonebook who dealt with that kind of stuff I don't remember his name I am sorry. I don't think exterminators will do Jack for that.

C

czygvtwkr

blitz10 said:
wildlife rescue will come and get it # in phonebook

All I can find is Animal Control and Wildlife Refugee, is that what you are talking about?

Boudicca

Wildlife resource

You can call the National Resources Police at: 1-800-628-9944 This is a 24 hour emergency line. They can direct you from there. I once had a fawn caught in some fencing in my backyard and they came and got her out.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Most rescues will NOT come out and catch you have to catch and take them to them...Why not buy or borrow a catumalive trap and catch them and relocate them yourself? I had 2 in my barn and that is what I did..only took them 2 miles down the road..never saw them again...good luck

C

czygvtwkr

Pasofever said:
Most rescues will NOT come out and catch you have to catch and take them to them...Why not buy or borrow a catumalive trap and catch them and relocate them yourself? I had 2 in my barn and that is what I did..only took them 2 miles down the road..never saw them again...good luck

Well ok, anyone know a good exterminator?

M

Mousebaby

I have a dog that LOVES to catch some squirrel!! We can turn him loose in your attic for a bit and see what he comes up with! :shrug:

greyhound

Mousebaby said:
I have a dog that LOVES to catch some squirrel!! We can turn him loose in your attic for a bit and see what he comes up with! :shrug:

My greyhounds are great squirrel catchers.

M

Mousebaby

greyhound said:
My greyhounds are great squirrel catchers.

Cody is half akita, not sure if they are squirrel huntin dogs. I never knew a dog could be fast enough or smart enough to catch one! Blows my mind when he comes trotting up with one in his mouth! :lmao:

protectmd

Exactly what sort of "wild animal" do you have in your attic, or what do you think it is? Not to pry, but people have been known to keep everything from full grown tigers to poisonous snakes in their house, then when they realize that the pet is either too expensive to feed or too dangerous they decide that they must find a way to deal with it...

If its a mammal you might want to be careful because it might be infected with rabies. Rabies shots are no fun. Me personally I would deal with the thing with rapid fire semi auto high power pellet pistol. Tactical, surgical, safe removal of the vermin. Anything nastier than that, I would deploy fumigation of some sort, or just call someone. I'd also go about it wearing nothing less than welding gloves and some sort of mask... especially if you plan on catching the animal to release back into the wild? I don't know. Calling anyone other than animal control for removal may be costly... There are cheaper more effective ways of dealing with the problem.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
protectmd said:
Exactly what sort of "wild animal" do you have in your attic, or what do you think it is? Not to pry, but people have been known to keep everything from full grown tigers to poisonous snakes in their house, then when they realize that the pet is either too expensive to feed or too dangerous they decide that they must find a way to deal with it...

If its a mammal you might want to be careful because it might be infected with rabies. Rabies shots are no fun. Me personally I would deal with the thing with rapid fire semi auto high power pellet pistol. Tactical, surgical, safe removal of the vermin. Anything nastier than that, I would deploy fumigation of some sort, or just call someone. I'd also go about it wearing nothing less than welding gloves and some sort of mask... especially if you plan on catching the animal to release back into the wild? I don't know. Calling anyone other than animal control for removal may be costly... There are cheaper more effective ways of dealing with the problem.

If its a mammal? Perhaps we can all rule out that there is a tiger shark in the attic or maybe even a whale!!! :lmao: Can't think of too many cold blodded animals thast I have ever had lurking around the attic!