Sappiest Pop Songs

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
"Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks and "Tell Laura I Love Her" by Ray Peterson are the top 5, but the all-time prize goes to "Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro. This one saps the testosterone so completely, it should be played during sex-change operations.

Actually, most death songs are pretty creepy. How about these?

"Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphy
"Ode to Billy Joe" by Bobbie Gentry
"Beyond the Realms of Death" by Judas Priest

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
"You Light Up My Life" by Debby Boone. It was my high school class song, I'm sorry to say. It also had the dubious honor of being only record to be both the favorite and most hated song for a class.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Almost forgot "Billy Don't Be a Hero." I can't believe I remember the group's name--Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods. From the same year as "Seasons in the Sun." Maybe there were a lot of sunspots in 1974 or something.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: Sappiest Pop Songs

Thanks for posting those lyrics, JohnDoug. I've been a Priest fan for close to 20 years, and that is one of the band's best. It's still creepy, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by RoseRed
Some country song.... "Just Save the Girl" or something like that.

:barf: :wah: :barf: :wah: :barf:

Would that be "Don't Take the Girl?" Better not tell Sxy you don't like it, lmao!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Would that be "Don't Take the Girl?" Better not tell Sxy you don't like it, lmao!
That would be it!

Another song I cannot stand anymore is "You Really Love Me" by No Doubt. I am so ready to barf everytime I hear it anymore. Shoving bamboo shoots under my nails would be much more entertaining. :yikes:

Actually, I just change the station or turn it down.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by RoseRed
That would be it!

Another song I cannot stand anymore is "You Really Love Me" by No Doubt. I am so ready to barf everytime I hear it anymore. Shoving bamboo shoots under my nails would be much more entertaining. :yikes:

Actually, I just change the station or turn it down.

Rose, you're really off this morning. :lol: That would be "You're really Lovely."

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Rose, you're really off this morning. :lol: That would be "You're really Lovely."
Well heck, it's no big secret, everyone already knows.... :stupid: :lmao:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Took me a while, but I caught this! :nono:

How could someone NOT like that song...it's precious!

I agree, cute song....the one I can't stand is "Concrete Angel". :frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Took me a while, but I caught this! :nono:

How could someone NOT like that song...it's precious!
:lmao: The way he moans through the song??? GAWD, now its stuck in my head! Rather hear the Rodeo Song.... :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by justhangn
With the ruby red lips, blonde hair, blue eyes........ :lol:
NO! That's Sold by John Michael Montgomery! :nono: Rodeo Song is "It's 40 below and I don't give a ****, got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo..."

And didn't we do this thread already?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde
NO! That's Sold by John Michael Montgomery! :nono: Rodeo Song is "It's 40 below and I don't give a ****, got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo..."

:whip: My bad!! :whip:

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Death songs: there was a song back in the 70's called DOA - anyone remember it? It's like this guy was in a car wreck and he's watching while the paramedics are bagging and tagging him. Pretty gross.

Also, around that same time period there was a song with Jackie DeShannon (?) singing "What the world needs now is love sweet love..." with a overlay of broadcasts of the Kennedys and MLK killings. Schmaltzy, horrible, a song contrived to jerk the tears right out of you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Death songs: there was a song back in the 70's called DOA - anyone remember it? It's like this guy was in a car wreck and he's watching while the paramedics are bagging and tagging him. Pretty gross.
I remember that song... morbid...