Speaking of WalMart

jenbengen

Watch it
Last year at about this time, I wrote a letter to WalMart telling them that they seriously need some new carts in their store. Half of them do not have working child buckles and the rest don't roll the way you push them. LOL. I was just irritated that a store that makes as much money as they do can't provide decent (and safe) carts for their customers.

So the manager guy calls me right away (probably fearing my concern about safety) and insists that they had already ordered new carts. Well, I haven't seen anything yet. I RARELY complain to stores but the cart thing is just sad.

I was in there the other day and lost my cool after FIVE carts were inoperable. LOL I guess I'll be spending the rest of my days at Target until they get the problem resolved.

Anybody else hoping for new carts soon? It's a random post, but I'm curious if anybody else has been annoyed by it. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if the guy didn't appear to have lied to me. :nono:

I know for a fact that nomoney has been pushing them hard to get the newer model carts in before spring.

Dondi

Dondi
<------ Hates squeaky wheels that have a mind of their own. And please clean them up a bit before returning them to the rack. You can find some pretty gross stuff in the baskets.

jenbengen

Watch it
Dondi said:
<------ Hates squeaky wheels that have a mind of their own. And please clean them up a bit before returning them to the rack. You can find some pretty gross stuff in the baskets.

:yeahthat: :yay:

PrepH4U

Dondi said:
I hate it when the wheels lock up!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I usually only get a few items, so I wish they'd bring back the handbaskets.

Most of Walmart's carts are filthy, gross, and nasty. I think the only time they get rinsed is when it rains. :lol: When they become a "Super" I'd have a hard time wanting to put my groceries in there unless they do something to keep them cleaner. Mostly I blame the people who use them for leaving their garbage in them.

Sharon said:
I usually only get a few items, so I wish they'd bring back the handbaskets.

Most of Walmart's carts are filthy, gross, and nasty. I think the only time they get rinsed is when it rains. :lol: When they become a "Super" I'd have a hard time wanting to put my groceries in there unless they do something to keep them cleaner. Mostly I blame the people who use them for leaving their garbage in them.
How about kids with dirty, leaky diapers sitting in the kiddie seat that you also are supposed to put your food in?

Thor

desertrat said:
How about kids with dirty, leaky diapers sitting in the kiddie seat that you also are supposed to put your food in?

Well damn. I hadn't thought about that, but I bet I'll think of nothing else from this point on.

Ug

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
That's exactly what I'm talking about but I wasn't going there. Since you did...how about all the [kid] crumbs and sticky stuff under the flap seat that builds up over time? :lmao:

bohman

Dondi said:
And please clean them up a bit before returning them to the rack. You can find some pretty gross stuff in the baskets.

Tell that to the kid making minimum wage to collect them from the parking lot and see how far you get. I used to be that kid, about 10 years ago, and I can tell you how far you'd have gotten with me. They just aren't paid enough to care.

Now that I have a kid, it is annoying to find just how many places have broken seats, buckles, and straps in the kiddy seat. Like I'm going to trust somebody else to tie a knot in a ripped strap, for keeping my kid strapped in. Anybody with an active toddler can tell you it's damned near impossible to keep them strapped in even when nothing is broken. The worst offender for this is the McKays on G.M. road.

Dukesdad

Dondi said:

Funny thing, I was talking to a guy today that is putting together a reply to a RFP for Walmart to powerwash all of the store fronts and carts in the state. No Shiat.

USNavyMike

Originally Posted by desertrat

Wait, I changed my diaper!!! :bigwhoop:

USNavyMike said:
Originally Posted by desertrat

Wait, I changed my diaper!!! :bigwhoop:
I wouldn't be surprised to find one in a cart someday. They're already in the parking lots.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
desertrat said:
You know you had me inspecting carts at Target after you posted that the other week. I feel so gullible. :lmao:
It's true.. check out the parking lot. They have an embedded wire in the asphalt (you can see the seam) surrounding their entire parking lot similar to a wireless fence for dogs. Now I don't know if they have the carts in yet, but the wheels on the carts are supposed to lock up when you cross the "invisible" line.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
desertrat said:
You know you had me inspecting carts at Target after you posted that the other week. I feel so gullible. :lmao:
You should try to take one over to Petco, see if their security system works or not..