Matrix Reloaded

SmallTown

Football season!
on the matrix web site, they have the final theatrical trailer posted. And if you have broadband, go for the ultra version of it. around 100 megs but it is soooooo awsome.
I feel like a little kid waiting to go see santa clause, I can't wait for opening night!

SmallTown

Football season!
And the good news keeps on coming!!!
Didn't find out until today that laurence Fishburn is part of the hollywood "anti-war' crowd! That means no long lines when it opens because of the boycotters! So please! Post like crazy, get the word out, this movie must be boycotted!! Tell all of your friends to not see the movie when it comes out! And have them tell their friends! Please!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown

Didn't find out until today that laurence Fishburn is part of the hollywood "anti-war' crowd!
I guess you didn't get the PM. :rolleyes:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Like any Keanu Reeves movie was a "must see" to begin with! :rolleyes:

Small, I hear the Pottery Barn & Starbucks execs donated to GW's campaign. Maybe you should start a boycott of your own. :yay:

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Kyle
Like any Keanu Reeves movie was a "must see" to begin with! :rolleyes:

Ahem! :rolleyes: EVERY Keanu Reeves movie is a must see! So what if he's a lousy actor, he's eye candy! :yum:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Somebody tell me...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...what's the deal with the Matrix?

I didn't like the first one and I like Reaves.

I didn't like it either....and I thought I was the only one....

Christy

b*tch rocket
I LOVED the Matrix, but I'm into all that weird Science Fiction crap. :bubble: It comes second only to Dune (the 80's version). :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
It is appealing to different people for different reasons. At first, it had almost a cult following, mainly us computer geeks who enjoyed the imaginative story line and special fx.
Then others became interesting when they started to look at the philosophical and religous meanings in the movie. For the most part, it seems the "techies" are the largest group which enjoys it.

And a few of the scenes are just incredible when viewing the DVD on a nice home theatre system... Two that come to mind right off the bat are the scene where the helicopter crashes into the side of the building, and when neo and trinity break into the building. The action, angles, and sounds are just incredible in that scene. I think it is interesting how they show so much destruction and killing in that scene, yet the scene isn't one big blood bath.

Some of the shows for this thursday's opening are already sold out (some theatres are actually having 10pm showings on wednesday night).

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I saw Matrix Reloaded last night

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...what's the deal with the Matrix?
I dunno? :shrug:

I did like the 1st one, but #2 is just more of the same. Nothing spectactular that I could see. Some of the scenes were just too long and dumb. They could've been edited and no one would miss the extra minutes. The highway scene was the best and I could've slept thru the rest. In fact, I started nodding off just when "To be continued" flashed on the screen. The End! Duh :rolleyes:

I guess they want you to come back for more :boo: but forgetaboutit. I'll wait for DVD like we should've for this one, but we haven't been to a movie for months because there wasn't anything to see. There's still not until...Terminator 3 :biggrin:

Oh yeah, there's 15 minutes of previews before this movie. :burning: The Legally Blonde 2 previews were better than the whole Matrix movie. :cheesy:

H

Heretic

I like science fiction and horror movies myself but I couldnt even watch the matrix without falling asleep. But hey I heard someone in McKays one day say the best movie they ever saw was Moulin Rouge....couldnt watch that one either.

Can't wait for Terminator 3!

SmallTown

Football season!
yea, reloaded was different than I thought it would be. Some scenes were just stupid and added nothing to the story, like the orgasm scene with the cake. (don't ask if you haven't seen it).

The fight scenes were a bit too long. Fun to watch, but it gets to the point where they need to move on. Heck, they would have been half as short if these didn't do everything in slow motion.

The first matrix had an "edge" to it, something special about it. This one just seemed like hollywood from the beginning.

But with all of that being said, I enjoyed the movie. You have to kind of think a little bit during the movie which kinda sucks with so much action going on.
Interesting scenes included the oracle scene. There are doubts on neo's part after that scene of her intentions. Especially at the end when she wishes him luck, but being the oracle, she would know it isn't about luck at all.

Then there was the scene where the chick wanted neo to kiss her before showing him the key maker. Some speculate that she is the "mother of the matrix" and not the oracle, because of the reaction of the Architect when Neo claims it must be the oracle. But one thing I missed is supposedly there are many clues in the scene which points more directly to why she wanted the kiss and why she wants to help them. I was too busy staring at her that I didn't see it, but other people who review the movie say there is a huge clue there if you watch carefully.

The Architect scene is interesting. Speculations is rampant as to what we are actually seeing on the TV screens. Half of the people say they are images of the previous "ones" , others say they are images of the choices he has or could make.

But that does tie into the first matrix, where when neo is in the interview room with agent smith, they pan in from a video screen into the room itself. Looks like we now know who was watching him then?

And another piece of speculation in zion and the "real world" is it real, or simply another matrix? Another level of security for the 1% who just don't grasp the regular matrix? This could explain neo's ability to feel and stop the senitals (sp?) at the end in the "real world". But some claim that neo is now partly an agent. Where as some of neo's code mixed with Agent Smith's to make him more "human", some of the agent code mixed in with neo to make him more of an agent. Which could explain his sensing of the agents.

Blondie76

Saw this last Friday. It was good, but I thought the first one was much better. Reloaded had way to many slow parts, but the fight scenes were great.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I Love Dune too Christy!!

Actually, I was disappointed with Reloaded. Fight scenes were good, but how many Mr. Smith's do you really need. I was getting a bit bored with it. Actually I did yawn all throughout the movie. It just didn't grip me and impress me as much as part 2 should have.

I'm looking forward to Terminator 3.

G

giggles04

Haven't seen the movie yet... but now I'm curious to see it. I loved the first one... so hopefully the second one too