Disappointing service with the vet

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I have used the same veterinary service always. It was used by my mom for her animals and everything was great so I also used them for all of mine.

The pup is not feeling well so I called to make an appointment. They could not give me one until next Tuesday. I asked if I should just do a walk in. She said they don't do those anymore.

I go home - pup is still not well. I call back - I've been a customer for 22 years with my own animals, never owed them money, always pay in cash, loyal client here. She checks and says I haven't been in for some time so they won't squeeze me in. I say the animals have been healthy so no need to come in until now. She says they won't see the dog. Given its not a matter of life or death but I prefer to catch these things early on, before it becomes a problem.

I say "So you're telling me to give my money to another veterinarian?" She says (in a very perky tone) "Yep". I say "I'll let your doctor's know you said that". She says "Okay".

I called a different vet and I'm leaving in a half hour to take the dog to her appointment.

I'm writing a letter to my regular vet, informing them of their receptionists desire to get rid of longtime customers.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Unfortunately a lot of veterinary offices are like this. Sign of the times, I'm afraid.

When was the last time you had the dog to the vet?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
Unfortunately a lot of veterinary offices are like this. Sign of the times, I'm afraid.

When was the last time you had the dog to the vet?
She was in 10 months ago for her heartworm prescription.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
bresamil said:
I have used the same veterinary service always. It was used by my mom for her animals and everything was great so I also used them for all of mine.

The pup is not feeling well so I called to make an appointment. They could not give me one until next Tuesday. I asked if I should just do a walk in. She said they don't do those anymore.

I go home - pup is still not well. I call back - I've been a customer for 22 years with my own animals, never owed them money, always pay in cash, loyal client here. She checks and says I haven't been in for some time so they won't squeeze me in. I say the animals have been healthy so no need to come in until now. She says they won't see the dog. Given its not a matter of life or death but I prefer to catch these things early on, before it becomes a problem.

I say "So you're telling me to give my money to another veterinarian?" She says (in a very perky tone) "Yep". I say "I'll let your doctor's know you said that". She says "Okay".

I called a different vet and I'm leaving in a half hour to take the dog to her appointment.

I'm writing a letter to my regular vet, informing them of their receptionists desire to get rid of longtime customers.

UFB!!! Time to definitely switch vets. I know this was not my vets office. Please tell me it wasn't st mary's............

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
bresamil said:
She was in 10 months ago for her heartworm prescription.

Do you take her yearly for a checkup? Just curious. I've never had a problem getting an appointment but my vet knows me very well.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
rack'm said:
Tidewater??
:whistle:

Right now I'm blaming the receptionist - not the vets. I'm contacting them directly to inform them of the incident and allow the opportunity for explanation. I've always liked and trusted the vets.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
Do you take her yearly for a checkup? Just curious. I've never had a problem getting an appointment but my vet knows me very well.
10 months ago was her yearly checkup.

persimmoncf said:
bet it is three knotch!!
bresamil said:
Nope. They're the ones that are working her into their schedule.
Ever since we moved down here 5 years ago we have used Tidewater. Until Remington had his neck issues (not going into that here, already been addressed in another thread) that is. Tidewater couldn't see us, the vets were all on farm call, and they couldn't even give me any idea of when I could bring him in. Called 3 Notch and they said bring him in right away. Tidewater may be closer (by FAR), but 3 Notch gets my business now.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
bresamil said:
10 months ago was her yearly checkup.

Sounds weird then. I have issues with the receptionists where we go. I do not get my dogs yearly vaccinations and the receptionists treat me like I'm a bad owner EVERY time I go there.

rack'm

Jaded
bresamil said:
:whistle:

Right now I'm blaming the receptionist - not the vets. I'm contacting them directly to inform them of the incident and allow the opportunity for explanation. I've always liked and trusted the vets.

It's not the like it used to be. :ohwell:

I've never had a problem like that at Breton. They have always fit me into their schedule and have always called up and checked on Allie after I have taken her in there whether it be for shots or anything else.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
Sounds weird then. I have issues with the receptionists where we go. I do not get my dogs yearly vaccinations and the receptionists treat me like I'm a bad owner EVERY time I go there.
I get a prescription for the meds and get them online because they're 50% cheaper. I do the rabies clinics, etc. I'm not made out of money and my vet knows that - he's never had any problems with me doing things this way. This little trixie that answered the phone was relatively new too.

PrepH4U

cattitude said:
Catt is that because of the toxic reactions & allergies that can happen with the dogs? I think you must have read the same articles that I have in the dog journal. I do the same with my dogs, esp after reading that english sheepdogs were a breed very susceptible to reactions.

PrepH4U said:
Catt is that because of the toxic reactions & allergies that can happen with the dogs? I think you must have read the same articles that I have in the dog journal. I do the same with my dogs, esp after reading that english sheepdogs were a breed very susceptible to reactions.

:yay: I am the same with mine. I'm afraid that with Bandit's epilepsy something might set him off.