Orthodontist recommendations?

Old Dog

For a 12yo. Prefer evening or Saturday hours. Neither her dad nor I get home until 5p and both work 1-1/2 hours away from home, which means taking time for a dental appt pretty much eats up the whole day. That's not such a big deal for twice yearly cleanings but not good for twice or even once monthly ortho appointments.

So far I got
Harold Pincus
Pediatric Dentist
Waldorf Medical Park
Waldorf, MD 20602
(301) 843-9330

But don't know anything about him except that he's open on Mondays until 8pm.

Doh! Forgot to mention, I'm near Chaptico and kid will go to Leondartown Middle.

Take care,
Melody

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Dr. Tony Doumit 301-997-1800 is in Singletree on Moakley Street, next to the hospital. Not sure of his hours, but the location seems better than Waldorf!

Similar deal here - 11 year old went to him for braces. Right now she's without braces, waiting for the rest of her permanent teeth to take their place.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I currently have braces and go to Dr. Kaplan in California - the K-Mart shopping center. He's very friendly, and so are the members of his staff. I've been pleased with them.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by laureng
I currently have braces and go to Dr. Kaplan in California - the K-Mart shopping center. He's very friendly, and so are the members of his staff. I've been pleased with them.

:yeahthat: He's great!

Old Dog

Thanks folks.

I figure the first qualification is that it be a good ortho. The second is accessible (still hoping for one that does evening or Saturday appts) and third is price (but only cause I know that I can afford it and because if DH takes off work for the appt you can automatically tack on what he would have made in pay for that day as he gets no leave).

Take care,
Melody

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by ememdee19
:yeahthat: He's great!

Yeah, sweet old thing! He's gone beyond and above to rush my treatment along - and sees me once a week! He is even taking my braces off in a couple of weeks, and putting them back on after my wedding!