A-10's over Hollywood

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
There's a pair of A-10 Warthogs doing maneuvers over Hollywood, below cloud cover, this morning. A rare sight in these parts, so I thought I'd mention it. They've been back and forth for over half an hour so far. That is all.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The A-10s are usually in the area every day of the week. With the weather as it is today I suspect that is one of the few VFR areas that they have to play.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Ken King said:
The A-10s are usually in the area every day of the week. With the weather as it is today I suspect that is one of the few VFR areas that they have to play.

I had no idea! I've never seen them before from here. Thanks, Ken, now I'll be looking for them more often.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
I had no idea! I've never seen them before from here. Thanks, Ken, now I'll be looking for them more often.
We get two or three sets a day coming down from Martin State. Some times they play in the restricted areas (mostly eastern shore) and at other times they pick up on the low level training routes that are all over this area.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Them boys...

Ken King said:
We get two or three sets a day coming down from Martin State. Some times they play in the restricted areas (mostly eastern shore) and at other times they pick up on the low level training routes that are all over this area.

....take the occasional flyby of a certain greenhouse on their way to you.