A beautiful fall morning

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Next door neighbor captured this great picture this morning..

blacklabman

What a great shot :yay: I think Fall in SoMD is the best season.
Shouldn't that be autumn? Not to be picky. Speaking of which, this being the first day of autumn, it is not 12 hours day and 12 hours night. The time from sunrise to sunset is several minutes longer than 12 hours.

ontheriver

Yesterday after dinner my 5 pound pup found a baby copperhead outside the door. It's a dead copperhead now. Watch where you step!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was outside the shop door the other day when I heard our resident bald eagles raising a ruckus that they usually reserve for when they are fending off ospreys which also live here...but the osprey have already departed south for the winter. So, curious, I went out in the yard and investigated what was going on overhead. I counted three eagles..and then I spotted the object of their attention: a huge hawk with very dark plumage. The hawk was larger than a typical osprey. Never seen one like it around here before. The hawk left only grudgingly and after one encounter that led to a near splashing just off our shoreline. I thought I heard the hawk say: "Fine..I'll be back with a couple buddies next time".