A brilliant idea for ice cream shops

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In Pigeon Forge, TN there is an ice cream shop that offers "flights". You know, like beer tasters only it's ice cream. You get 5 mini scoops so you can try a bunch of flavors instead of committing to one or two. This is perfect for me and I've never seen it anywhere else. I don't really understand that because it's such a natural for places that have a bunch of good flavors.

Honestly, how many of you stand there mired in indecision at Bruster's? I know I do, but if you could get a little bit of several flavors wouldn't that be awesome?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I’ll have to send this to my boy Dominic at Painter’s in North Myrtle Beach.

That's another one that I stood there forever annoying everyone around me trying to decide on which two flavors to get on my cone.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Dom is from Baltimore, ended up in NMB after he was adopted as a baby. Butter pecan turtle is my go to every time I roll up in there. He starts making it as soon as he sees me. #Junkie

SamSpade

I think about half of all ice cream shops I've seen will do this. We were at one on Chincoteague last year and they did that.
It may have something to do with the typical volume - small shops that have a few customers do that - big ice cream places with walk-up windows and lines behind each are different. For example, Bruster's might be unlikely to do that, but that little spot on Solomon's (not the soft serve one) might do something like that.

I used to live in New England, and there were lots of places like this - the one that first comes to mind is Kimball's which is huge and the ice cream is made right there - and the cows are out back!

Grumpy

Best ice cream locally that I've found is Mrs Moo's...on 231 halfway between PF and the bridge.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I always liked going to Highs for a Double. Chocolate Almond and Butter Pecan.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ice cream orders should also be done sushi style, where you look over the menu, mark what you want, then hand it to the server instead of standing there holding up the line while deciding. I'll usually let people go ahead of me while I'm looking over the options but, well, I'm considerate and most people aren't.

Ooh! Per the buffet thread, they could do that sushi style, too. Get a little menu, mark off what you want and how much, then hand it to the guy to put it all on a plate. This will also solve the problem of the big redneck guy taking all the crab legs.

See? Stuff can be done simply, it doesn't have to be some big production.

SamSpade

This will also solve the problem of the big redneck guy taking all the crab legs.

That would be me, and that's why I go.:bann:

We like to go to the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department Stuffed Ham and Oyster every year. Going back as long as I've lived in this county.

But one of the things that always bugs me - but I understand - is they don't let you pick your own fried oysters. Pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE, but not the fried oysters. Because people will take a lot of them. Granted, they never "run out". But they can have demand exceed supply when it comes to cooked oysters. In reality, after the first wave, they're more generous

At buffets, I try to be reasonable - but if it's like, fried chicken - I don't want the chicken breasts. Bleh. I'll pick it myself, thank you.
When I go to Golden Corral with the family, I like the popcorn shrimp - the fried clams (IF they have any) and any of the Chinese-like offerings they have. If there's a cut of beef - I want the fattiest cut there.

I'm just not going to believe that SOMEHOW this world has SUDDENLY become so terribly dangerous that we can't go back where we were.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Dom is from Baltimore, ended up in NMB after he was adopted as a baby. Butter pecan turtle is my go to every time I roll up in there. He starts making it as soon as he sees me. #Junkie
This flavor sounds awesome. I'd order that.