A comparison...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Looks like another summer will go by with nothing done. Haven't seen a single worker on that corner in weeks. They dug a big hole and it's just sitting there. I feel bad for the folks that work back there and have to take the detour for the next year.
You haven't looked very hard then. The detour was gone as of Monday morning (may have been before that but was when I noticed) and they have been working on it all week. This morning they had some big earth-moving equipment rearranging dirt at least. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You haven't looked very hard then. The detour was gone as of Monday morning (may have been before that but was when I noticed) and they have been working on it all week. This morning they had some big earth-moving equipment rearranging dirt at least. :lol:
I noticed the detour was gone when I passed there last week.

MiddleGround

Saw the jersey walls are gone. Corner is still under construction though...

officeguy

I could go on and on as to why. All I can say though is that I imagine it was a "simpler" time then.

Also, both of these projects were private sector construction, not the government doing it.

The MGM Grand was built in 22 months, DHS Legoland is still under construction 15 years after they started.

But the government can make things happen if they want to: The replacement for the 35W bridge in Minneapolis was built under a design-build contract in 13 months. That was 'soup to nuts' including debris clearing. It's just that so many people have their hand in the pot, the government has no interest in streamlining the process.