A. Cuomo, circling the drain?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I guess what I'm not seeing is - why now? Is it JUST because of this report? Because according to sources I've read, this kind of behavior about him has been known for a very long time. Not just sexual harassment but regular harassment, berating and belittling people around him. Heck, if he were going to resign, it might be over the 18,000 deaths due to putting COVID positive people back into nursing homes.

Would ANYONE believe this man is really a sweetheart around his employees?

And it's Dems taking him down, not the media and certainly not the Republicans. So something is going on.
Strictly political. It's the far-left NY AG making her play for the big office in Albany.

stgislander

PREMO Member
They're gonna have to pry him out of there with a crowbar. :lol:
Katie Pavlich (The Five's current resident of the Leg Chair) said if she was advising Cuomo, she tell him to sit tight and ride it out. The Dems do not want another Al Franken.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Katie Pavlich (The Five's current resident of the Leg Chair) said if she was advising Cuomo, she tell him to sit tight and ride it out. The Dems do not want another Al Franken.

I think she's right. The Dems have this habit of making a big deal out of something - "See us cleaning up our mess?" - then the media stops reporting on it and a year later we're like, hey, whatever happened with (thing)? Only to find that nothing happened and the mess is still there.

Even if they impeach Cuomo, that doesn't mean he'll be found guilty, and even if he's found guilty that doesn't mean they'll remove him from office. We've seen this show before and should all know how it works by now.

Tech

FB_IMG_1628255208947.jpg

SamSpade

I guess what makes me wonder, and plenty have their speculations on this is - Cuomo's been around for three terms - and been in politics much longer. It's just coming out NOW?

It's not that what he is doing is "ok". It's that everyone looked away with EVERYONE else, until now.
It's like when they started going after players for steroid abuse - duh, everybody does it. Why me, now?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I guess what makes me wonder, and plenty have their speculations on this is - Cuomo's been around for three terms - and been in politics much longer. It's just coming out NOW?

It's not that what he is doing is "ok". It's that everyone looked away with EVERYONE else, until now.

And since Democrats are ganging up against him, instead of protecting him, it makes you wonder what some of them are up to that they want to divert attention away from.

SamSpade

And since Democrats are ganging up against him, instead of protecting him, it makes you wonder what some of them are up to that they want to divert attention away from.

I've heard any number of outcomes, any of which might happen. One is that in the end - nothing will happen. Remember, impeaching doesn't always lead to removal from office. This might just be a ton of virtue signaling so the Dems can say, see, WE police our own. But like the top THREE Dems in Virginia - NOTHING is going to happen. And honestly, the nursing home thing is MUCH WORSE.

Another is that the AG is gunning for his job. Letitia James has had her hand in every part of this. It may be her plan to move in.

I never think they just throw out a sacrificial lamb to divert attention. They have plenty of stuff to do that with, because they can almost always find a victim of SOMETHING, and they still gain points with cries of racism or sexism. I think during the pandemic, they really thought Cuomo was the best replacement for Joe.

THAT is what puzzles me, and leads me to suspect it really is a power play inside the party. Try to imagine if the REPUBLICANS started cranking out all sorts of crap on DeSantis. The only logical reason for THAT would be, someone else wants the spotlight.