A Day in the Life of WR #4762784

So… I wasn’t going to tell this story because, well, it is embarrassing and makes me look like a bad driver. :ohwell:

But, I digress.

I was at Sheetz the other day… :jameo: and for those of you that don’t know me, I have a crippling fear of gas stations. :frown: I always feel like I am in everyone’s way and I feel like I take too long pumping gas. :jameo:

I was at one of the pumps and it was raining its ASS OFF outside.

All the pumps were full so people were starting to line up behind other cars. Well… Some guy in a Smart Car decides to get behind me. :cds: At this point, I have only pumped $5.62 worth of gas but I just can’t stand the fact that I am inconveniencing someone and making them wait for the pump so I decide that’s enough gas for now…. I’ll just wait behind someone else at another pump and get gas there.

I wait for five minutes while a woman fills up her mini-van. :tap: THEN… It’s my turn. :yahoo: I pull up to the pump and start filling my tank with more gas. Until a guy in a HUGE JEEP pulls up behind me. :cds: I have only pumped $3.00 worth of gas at this point but, again, I just can’t make this guy wait. :bawl:

I get in the car completely frazzled, nervous, and upset that I have been at this gas station for 20 minutes and have only managed to get $8.62 worth of gas. :ohwell:

I’m all, “WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS!!” :cds:

This is where the problem started.

In mid panic, I didn’t realize I put my car in reverse, not drive. :twitch: I noticed I was starting to go backward and panicked. But, instead of hitting the brake, I hit the ****ING ACCELERATOR and smashed into the raised Jeep. :jameo:

His vehicle wasn’t damaged at all because he had some sort of bar going across the front… but my car… my car is RUINED. :cds:

He gets out and tells me to stop crying and that it’s okay…:poorbaby: He even gave me a hug to calm me down. :ohwell: I was so relieved that he was not angry because this was a NIGHTMARE for me. :cds:

We exchange insurance information and I plan to leave now…. He calls me back over and asks me to dinner. :eyebrow: Apparently, I was full-on damsel-in-distress and some weird men find that attractive 😕

I politely decline and his mood shifts.

He walks away with, “Learn to ****ing drive, lady.” :mad:

Now my car is in the shop, I’m in a rental car, and I need gas. :bawl:

SOMEONE PLEASE JUST KILL ME NOW. :jameo:

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 385

luvmygdaughters

You should try a gas station that isnt so packed. Do you have a small, local station close to you? This way, you can used to pumping your gas, without the pressure of someone behind you. The Sheetz and Wawa are always crowded. Sorry about your car, thankfully no one was hurt.

glhs837

Power with Control
Alternatively, wait until you can pull to the forward of the two pumps. That way, someone can get the pump behind you without waiting, and if someone is behind them, they are waiting for the person behind you, not you.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I don't know you, but I second this. ^^^^

I did something similar years back when I got so rattled that in needing to jam on the brakes I jammed on the accelerator. Bad for my van, bad for the car I side-smacked.

Happens, right?

Hang in there!

Look at the bright side... your condensed car will be easier to parallel park... :huggy:
There is that! In the mental health field we call this "reframing."

--- End of line (MCP)

calvcopf

Don't sweat it, accidents happen to everyone.
You deserve to fill your tank just as much as everyone else, hope you can get your anxiety under control instead of letting IT control you.
Good luck!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I did something similar years back when I got so rattled that in needing to jam on the brakes I jammed on the accelerator. Bad for my van, bad for the car I side-smacked.

I plowed a 71 Chevy PU into a Ford Van E-350 Cabbed Commuter Bus because of a similar situation

glhs837

Power with Control
Electric cars. Can't wait. What a gas!

--- End of my schtick (MCP)

You dont need to, you can go buy a few right now. :) I recommend Telsa, but I'll admit to a bias there since I own a few shares and I'm also a bit of a geek gearhead and things that go 0-60 faster than 6 seconds make me happy. And that's the slowest one they sell :) Fastest four door "small" sedan, the Model 3 Performance, gets it in under 4 seconds, under 3.2 actually. Fastest one, a give passenger sedan gets it in less than 2.5 seconds.

You dont need to, you can go buy a few right now. :) I recommend Telsa, but I'll admit to a bias there since I own a few shares and I'm also a bit of a geek gearhead and things that go 0-60 faster than 6 seconds make me happy. And that's the slowest one they sell :) Fastest four door "small" sedan, the Model 3 Performance, gets it in under 4 seconds, under 3.2 actually. Fastest one, a give passenger sedan gets it in less than 2.5 seconds.
Uhhhh....... yeah. This would definitely have been a help in WR's case. Would have made everything better.

glhs837

Power with Control
No, nothing would have helped that, but I was quoting Yooper, not WR :) Well, except for the fact that she wouldnt have been at a gas pump in the first place..... ;) She could "fill up" overnight in the garage at home. :)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Actually, not even looking.

Was trying to play out a pun contrasting electric vs gas.

Guess it didn't work.... 😭 My bad....

--- End of line (MCP)

littlelady

God bless the USA
So… I wasn’t going to tell this story because, well, it is embarrassing and makes me look like a bad driver. :ohwell:

But, I digress.

I was at Sheetz the other day… :jameo: and for those of you that don’t know me, I have a crippling fear of gas stations. :frown: I always feel like I am in everyone’s way and I feel like I take too long pumping gas. :jameo:

I was at one of the pumps and it was raining its ASS OFF outside.

All the pumps were full so people were starting to line up behind other cars. Well… Some guy in a Smart Car decides to get behind me. :cds: At this point, I have only pumped $5.62 worth of gas but I just can’t stand the fact that I am inconveniencing someone and making them wait for the pump so I decide that’s enough gas for now…. I’ll just wait behind someone else at another pump and get gas there.

I wait for five minutes while a woman fills up her mini-van. :tap: THEN… It’s my turn. :yahoo: I pull up to the pump and start filling my tank with more gas. Until a guy in a HUGE JEEP pulls up behind me. :cds: I have only pumped $3.00 worth of gas at this point but, again, I just can’t make this guy wait. :bawl:

I get in the car completely frazzled, nervous, and upset that I have been at this gas station for 20 minutes and have only managed to get $8.62 worth of gas. :ohwell:

I’m all, “WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS!!”:cds:

This is where the problem started.

In mid panic, I didn’t realize I put my car in reverse, not drive. :twitch: I noticed I was starting to go backward and panicked. But, instead of hitting the brake, I hit the ****ING ACCELERATOR and smashed into the raised Jeep. :jameo:

His vehicle wasn’t damaged at all because he had some sort of bar going across the front… but my car… my car is RUINED. :cds:

He gets out and tells me to stop crying and that it’s okay…:poorbaby: He even gave me a hug to calm me down. :ohwell: I was so relieved that he was not angry because this was a NIGHTMARE for me.:cds:

We exchange insurance information and I plan to leave now…. He calls me back over and asks me to dinner. :eyebrow: Apparently, I was full-on damsel-in-distress and some weird men find that attractive 😕

I politely decline and his mood shifts.

He walks away with, “Learn to ****ing drive, lady.”:mad:

Now my car is in the shop, I’m in a rental car, and I need gas. :bawl:

SOMEONE PLEASE JUST KILL ME NOW.:jameo:

:huggy: