A different Idea for get togethers

bcp

In My Opinion
Over the last couple weekends we have hooked up with one of the posters on here and his wife. Great people.
we did the Renfest, dinner and a movie one night, and yesterday we met for dinner, then went to Maryland live and lost some money on the slots.
Both times were great fun, Both times were also on Saturdays.
What do you all think about doing things like this? Maybe a group meet at the National Zoo or something? Maybe throwing the bikes in the car and meeting up somewhere for a ride
the possibilities are only limited to the amount of cardio I have to exert

ZARA

Over the last couple weekends we have hooked up with one of the posters on here and his wife. Great people.
we did the Renfest, dinner and a movie one night, and yesterday we met for dinner, then went to Maryland live and lost some money on the slots.
Both times were great fun, Both times were also on Saturdays.
What do you all think about doing things like this? Maybe a group meet at the National Zoo or something? Maybe throwing the bikes in the car and meeting up somewhere for a ride
the possibilities are only limited to the amount of cardio I have to exert

I like this idea. I might actually have a chance to join in. Friday's are usually not the best for me because hubs will not go out after a long week at work and I hate going out without him. And during the day on a Saturday I wouldn't feel guilty about leaving him to his own devices. (If he didn't want to go)

Without trying to dampen your thought or sound like a negative Nancy, from past experience I've found that as you start to increase the number of people involved, the likelihood of someone getting butthurt over some small issue gets better. Throws a bad feeling on the whole event. For what you are talking about, it really does seem to work best in smaller groups, 2-4 couples.

Not saying you shouldn't try it if people want to give it a shot, just what I've found over the years.

bcp

In My Opinion
Without trying to dampen your thought or sound like a negative Nancy, from past experience I've found that as you start to increase the number of people involved, the likelihood of someone getting butthurt over some small issue gets better. Throws a bad feeling on the whole event. For what you are talking about, it really does seem to work best in smaller groups, 2-4 couples.

Not saying you shouldn't try it if people want to give it a shot, just what I've found over the years.

What I have found is close to the same, but, you end up with those people least compatible with the group, not showing up, and you end up with a limited group that gets along and welcomes others.
just like a big family get together, there is always that one in the family that just has to try and start something.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Ooooo, Ooooo.... :howdy: I'll make the first suggestion. Lets get together and conduct an unofficial poll of the hookers on GMR on what they charge. We can post the results when done. :yay:

Ooooo, Ooooo.... :howdy: I'll make the first suggestion. Lets get together and conduct an unofficial poll of the hookers on GMR on what they charge. We can post the results when done. :yay:

I don't wanna do that. I wanna scout out "the lake" and look for floaters.

See, BCP? It's happening already!!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I don't wanna do that. I wanna scout out "the lake" and look for floaters.

See, BCP? It's happening already!!
Yea? Well you don't have to come pal! :strangle: People here wanna know what a GMR hooker charges!!

Then again, I guess we could just ask :gossip: :jet:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

And here I figured you already knew!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think it's a great idea and the reason..

You're always going to get people you don't like, or don't want to hang out with BUT you may find several friends or couples that you do. Start with public outings and move on to smaller private group gatherings.. this is how rhe Chuglow Commune started..

bcp

In My Opinion
I think it's a great idea and the reason..

You're always going to get people you don't like, or don't want to hang out with BUT you may find several friends or couples that you do. Start with public outings and move on to smaller private group gatherings.. this is how rhe Chuglow Commune started..

You are right, there are people that I would not choose to hang out with, does not mean there is anything wrong with them, just that they and I do not share the same interests etc... They can be really great people, but, not my choice to spend time with.

You are right, there are people that I would not choose to hang out with, does not mean there is anything wrong with them, just that they and I do not share the same interests etc... They can be really great people, but, not my choice to spend time with.

:frown:

ginwoman

Great Idea for a lot of folks. I am just not a "get together" kind of person. But I enjoy so many of you on the forums just reading and sometimes participating in the banter and what not. I know sometimes when I am in places that i might be standing right next to a forumite :buddies:

mamatutu

mama to two

That is when you take it private, and get together with the people you cliqued/clicked with. I will say this thread might 'dampen' the desire for members to participate in a meet and greet; as in someone who has never been to one, or, maybe, some that have. I went to one, and chose not to go again, but it was not because I didn't enjoy it (especially, you, your wife, and daughter) . This dang forum gets in the way, sometimes. :killingme

Edit: This is sort of an example. I gave Bay_Kat a hard time, back when, for her over use of the killing me :killingme smilie. That was dumb, as in this thread. She was right, however, because it is the best smilie, ever! :killingme I take credit for my dumbness, but others should, too. :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

Last edited:

Hank

my war
That is when you take it private, and get together with the people you cliqued/clicked with. I will say this thread might 'dampen' the desire for members to participate in a meet and greet; as in someone who has never been to one, or, maybe, some that have. I went to one, and chose not to go again, but it was not because I didn't enjoy it (especially, you, your wife, and daughter) . This dang forum gets in the way, sometimes. :killingme

Edit: This is sort of an example. I gave Bay_Kat a hard time, back when, for her over use of the killing me :killingme smilie. That was dumb, as in this thread. She was right, however, because it is the best smilie, ever! :killingme I take credit for my dumbness, but others should, too. :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

When did you go to a meet & greet? I never knew that! What happened?

mamatutu

mama to two
When did you go to a meet & greet? I never knew that! What happened?

Well, you must have snoozed from about the end of June until sometime in September 2012. :killingme You really do kill me! :killingme You get a hug. Is that like 'green' karma? :huggy::killingme

Last edited: