A different opinion on RGB's "last words".

limblips

PREMO Member
First let me say I admired the woman for her accomplishments although I didn't agree with some of her ideas. However I wonder about her reported death bed statement.

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed," Ginsburg told her granddaughter just days before her death, the media organization reported.

This very well could be a romanticized account but if she did say it I believe RBG designed this statement to make it difficult for Trump to seat a new justice. She knew exactly how the left would react and purposely provided them with a way to pull the emotional heartstrings of people. She knew the rules and had to contrive a way for pelosi and company to avoid a Trump nomination regardless of the impact.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This very well could be a romanticized account but if she did say it I believe RBG designed this statement to make it difficult for Trump to seat a new justice. She knew exactly how the left would react and purposely provided them with a way to pull the emotional heartstrings of people. She knew the rules and had to contrive a way for pelosi and company to avoid a Trump nomination regardless of the impact.

With the antics that have been going on since Trump got elected, I feel the left had this trick up their sleeve for a long time. It was another part of their insurance package against Trumps election. Just like months of rioting over some drug addict's death. Or crippling a strong economy over a virus.

These antics remind me of the time of budget crisis during the obama years. The government shut down. And the dept of the interior was told to erect barricades around outdoor, open air displays and exhibits. I was waiting for them to close the interstate roads but luckily that never happened.

image.jpg

lmor

I do not think RBG made that statement based on the words "until a new president is installed".

PJay

Honestly, I don't think RBG said that at all. I think her granddaughter is just saying that because she personally doesn't want Trump to name a replacement. Those supposed words go against everything RBG has said in the past about filling vacant seats.

Was that before Trump she said those things? She despised him and let it be known. Why else did that evil woman hang in there so long. She looked like a walking corpse.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why else did that evil woman hang in there so long. She looked like a walking corpse.

Why do any of them maintain their iron grip on power? Why were they propping Ted Kennedy up in the Senate when it was clear he was completely out of it? Why didn't John McCain step down to spend his remaining days with his family?

The newsbots keep saying that RBG's family was the most important thing to her, but that cannot possibly be true or she'd have retired at a reasonable age to spend time with them. Plus you don't get to be a Supreme Court Justice in the first place by focusing on raising your children.

At that level the job is who they are. It's ALL they are.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Honestly, I don't think RBG said that at all. I think her granddaughter is just saying that because she personally doesn't want Trump to name a replacement. Those supposed words go against everything RBG has said in the past about filling vacant seats.
Been saying that since day one.. You think somebody would have pulled out their phone and actually recorded her saying it, not just
"The Granddaughter wrote it down", total crock of crap.. and WHY the granddaughter if it were that importanat

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Been saying that since day one.. You think somebody would have pulled out their phone and actually recorded her saying it, not just
"The Granddaughter wrote it down", total crock of crap.. and WHY the granddaughter if it were that importanat

I'm shocked the story isn't that "Kavanaugh raped her while Thomas watched, at a wild SCOTUS party!"

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The newsbots keep saying that RBG's family was the most important thing to her, but that cannot possibly be true or she'd have retired at a reasonable age to spend time with them.

Exactly.

Leftist Rule #1: Hang on to power until your last breath!

Hijinx

I don't doubt she said that.

She stayed in the court until her dying day to keep him from getting another appointment, why is it surprising that she said she didn't want him to make it.

GoodnessME

She stayed in the court until her dying day to keep him from getting another appointment, why is it surprising that she said she didn't want him to make it.
Why didn't she retire under The Big O's time in office?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

It would just prove that she should have never been a Justice in the first place then.. She wasn't a Constitutional Judge, but a judge of feelings. what felt right, or what she thought should be right.. screw the constitution, and she was worried somebody that actually ruled by the constitution would be appointed in her place.. She was an activist Judge, not a Judge of Law.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
"Ginsburg called for reducing the age of consent for sexual acts to people who are “less than 12 years old.” (Page 102)"

Now we know why Biden loved, and supported her.

WingsOfGold

Memo to the dead old bitch.... you should have bailed out under obamma, face it bitch... you phucked up because of your own ego!

gunsmoke

Kind of odd that you think a deathbed wish would be in the Constitution. Are you THAT unfamiliar with the document? I suppose you and all the other cultists probably are...fits right in line with your lack of knowledge on just about every other subject.

BTW: The rest of the world is still looking for the text that says nominations during an election year can't be considered. You know that text that Mitch McConnell could point to that allowed him to actually stop a nomination.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Kind of odd that you think a deathbed wish would be in the Constitution. Are you THAT unfamiliar with the document? I suppose you and all the other cultists probably are...fits right in line with your lack of knowledge on just about every other subject.

BTW: The rest of the world is still looking for the text that says nominations during an election year can't be considered. You know that text that Mitch McConnell could point to that allowed him to actually stop a nomination.
:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

Tell us again how you are an "actual" Republican.