A Federal Dept spending 1 billion per mth. Its not DoD

I was curious as to why the Dems aren't using the current spending levels/deficit as talking points against the Trump administration. Now I see it.

For the first time in our nation's history, there is now a federal department spending an average of more than $100 billion per month.

It is the Department of Health and Human Services, which, if Democratic Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont has his way, will run the "Medicare for All" program.

This_person

When I saw the title of the thread I was thinking "I'll bet there are a LOT of departments spending $1B/month, so what's the big deal. Then I saw the content is $100B/month. BIG difference.

The department should be dissolved, like HUD and Education and....

Chris0nllyn

Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security have one thing in common besides being the primary factors that have driven federal spending above $4 trillion per year: They make people dependent on government.

There you have it.

a co-worker of mine has a relative who's entire family of several generations is on Medicaid due to disability. I found this out because she was going off about her young adult nephew getting authorized for disability due to "high anxiety that prevents him from doing well in job interviews". The family has a hodge-podge of various "non-visual" disabilities and do quite well for themselves due to the governments handouts.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
a co-worker of mine has a relative who's entire family of several generations is on Medicaid due to disability. I found this out because she was going off about her young adult nephew getting authorized for disability due to "high anxiety that prevents him from doing well in job interviews". The family has a hodge-podge of various "non-visual" disabilities and do quite well for themselves due to the governments handouts.

Like JPC and his handout for alcoholism?

Reactions: BOP

transporter

I was curious as to why the Dems aren't using the current spending levels/deficit as talking points against the Trump administration. Now I see it.

For the first time in our nation's history, there is now a federal department spending an average of more than $100 billion per month.

It is the Department of Health and Human Services, which, if Democratic Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont has his way, will run the "Medicare for All" program.

Why is this news to you? Where have you been living the past 30 years? Mars???

Medicare and Medicaid are the biggest fiscal problems our govt faces. This is not news. Nor will it get better.

Oh and just FYI...if you bothered to read the article or bothered to pay any attention at all you would understand 2 things:

1. Medicare and Medicaid are used primarily by old poor people...not young poor people.

2. Fixing Medicare and Medicaid is NOT easy...and any solution will piss off a voting block that neither Rs nor Ds want to piss off...old white people who vote with consistency and regularity.

The debt and deficit are significant issues....but no one will talk about them because they are too blinded by rather irrelevant issues like brown people "invading" the country or girl soccer players getting the same pay as boy soccer players.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security have one thing in common besides being the primary factors that have driven federal spending above $4 trillion per year: They make people dependent on government.

We need to do away with base line budgeting and automatic raises

limblips

PREMO Member
1. Medicare and Medicaid are used primarily by old poor people...not young poor people.

2. Fixing Medicare and Medicaid is NOT easy...and any solution will piss off a voting block that neither Rs nor Ds want to piss off...old white people who vote with consistency and regularity.

I deleted your personal attacks at the OP and will address the two points you wrongly make.

1. I am not poor, two retirements and 65+. I am under Medicare as REQUIRED by law not because I am poor, old or both. My health care that I earned became my secondary when I reached age 65.

2. The people who will most quickly get pissed off are the non-contributers who never paid in to any program. They are mostly non-white who don't vote consistently or regularly.

Damn you are an idiot.

rmorse

Why is this news to you? Where have you been living the past 30 years? Mars???

Medicare and Medicaid are the biggest fiscal problems our govt faces. This is not news. Nor will it get better.

Oh and just FYI...if you bothered to read the article or bothered to pay any attention at all you would understand 2 things:

The debt and deficit are significant issues....but no one will talk about them because they are too blinded by rather irrelevant issues like brown people "invading" the country or girl soccer players getting the same pay as boy soccer players.

Lmao, i love how we've come full circle on this forum. I remember when it was the anti-obama people complaining about the spiraling debt and the dangers of where medicare/medicaid was heading and the hardcore lefties were ridiculing them. Now it's the anti-trump crowd on that train and they want to sling insults.

This_person

Lmao, i love how we've come full circle on this forum. I remember when it was the anti-obama people complaining about the spiraling debt and the dangers of where medicare/medicaid was heading and the hardcore lefties were ridiculing them. Now it's the anti-trump crowd on that train and they want to sling insults.
No conservative, nor most Trumpers, are defending the debt. Vrai is probably the biggest Trump fan on the board, and she said she'd not vote for him again if he signed another omnibus appropriations bill like the last one. We despise the debt and deficit, regardless of who is signing it.

If you'll note, this thread is about how bad it is that they're spending the money like that. There's not a single defender of the spending so far, yet you see one?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He tried to get one for being a sex addict, but they turned him down. So, he went to jail, and the brothers turned him out.
For a moment, I thought you were serious. About the first part. 😅

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I deleted your personal attacks at the OP and will address the two points you wrongly make.

1. I am not poor, two retirements and 65+. I am under Medicare as REQUIRED by law not because I am poor, old or both. My health care that I earned became my secondary when I reached age 65.

2. The people who will most quickly get pissed off are the non-contributers who never paid in to any program. They are mostly non-white who don't vote consistently or regularly.

Damn you are an idiot.

Like you I didn't ask for Medicaid, I had good insurance I paid plenty for.
It was given to me whether I wanted it or not.
By the way I kept my other insurance as well. I found it was actually cheaper than the supplemental.

Hijinx

I had a friend, this one is dead now but anyway he applied for disability .
He had many thing wrong with him. Lyme disease, kidneys were failing, some other issues.
He applied and was turned down.
He appealed, and they made him go back to a couple of different Doctors and get new statements from them.
One Doctor wrote that he had many serious health issues and that these issues retarded his movements.

This time he was given disability, because he was retarded.
He told me this story and said, I don't care what they use as a reason I cannot work and I need the disability.