A Goldwing I like

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Come on GW...let's make a few mods to your scooter...

Goldwing cycle.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
Just noticed even more scared by seat suspended over tire with only one mount point.......... Visions of junk getting between tire and frame........

Holy carp........ :yikes: That gas tank belt looks a lot like my old BoyScout green trouser belt...

Tell ya what... I'm selling mine. You buy it and have fun!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Holy carp........ :yikes: That gas tank belt looks a lot like my old BoyScout green trouser belt...

Oh come on....I'll come on over with some tools and beer and we can get right to it.

Say, you still got that BSA belt, we'll use it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Gil, you ridden one? Honestly? Have you actually ridden a Goldwing?

As much fun as it is to knock on them, and I've not ridden one, every one I know who has one, A, loves the damn thing and, B, almost all were in the 'No way, no how' class. Until they did.

glhs837

Power with Control

Nope, army web belt, set up for those gear attachment points. I'm optimist enough to hope he simply hid a metal retainer band under that belt, one that is not going to cause a dissimilar metal corrosion issue. And Larry, I think I might love a wing, but I'm not going to ride one. After selling the SRT-8, I'm trying to find a balance in my mechanical things, tending towards the lighter side for more dynamics. Which is why my current Lotto car is the new M2. But that new Scout 60 makes my leg tingle just a bit tooo :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Gil, you ridden one? Honestly? Have you actually ridden a Goldwing?

As much fun as it is to knock on them, and I've not ridden one, every one I know who has one, A, loves the damn thing and, B, almost all were in the 'No way, no how' class. Until they did.

I rode one of the Yamaha equivalents and it was without a doubt the smoothest piece of 2-wheel equipment I've ever set my arse on. I've ridden a few bimmers too.

But I like the "crude" aspect of my Harleys..I really do. I love the thunder..the vibration..the rawness. That's just me. I'm in love with cruising my 100-year-old tech.

That said...your driveway was a bit of a challenge for the old dresser....

Last edited:

Oh come on....I'll come on over with some tools and beer and we can get right to it.

Say, you still got that BSA belt, we'll use it.

I've got a number of them. You do the build, I'll donate the belt.