A Good Nail Salon

cookingaimee

Hi All! I am looking for a good place to get a pedicure in the Lusby area. Any suggestions??? Need a really good pedicure before my trip to Chicago in July.

Thanks

HotPinkChicken

Avalon is owned by the SAME people who own and run Lee Nails by Food Lion, but they charge more money b/c they have "Spa" in their name. Lee Nails do a good job and are priced right. Don't go to Tan and Nail by Solomons Food Lion.

J

jp2854

when i get my manicure after i have my surgery and can move around again. I Hope to go get mine done somewhere else other than tan and nails.

jamaju2

Avalon, next to Ledos... they are fabulous!!
Just be careful at Avalon. I have gone there a few times and after the last two times of my nails looking like crap I'm not going back. The first couple of times were fine, but it seems like there is either high turn around or the owner is letting new people without a lot of experience work on people. I never had the same person and the quality got worse and worse with each new person I had. If you do go there ask for Tony, he seems to know what he's doing.

cookingaimee

Thanks for the replies on a good nail salon in Lusby. I have been to the Avalon and was dissatisfied with the visit, the polish started to chip like 2 days after. I guess I am just spoiled, I moved here from Hawaii and the place I went to was fabulous and my polish stayed nice for almost a month.
I am pretty new to the area, where is Lovesville? Is there anything in Prince Frederick maybe that is better? THANKS!

Roxie04

The Hair Co in Leonardtown uses a polish that is like a acrylic overlay. It's not acrylic but it has to be cured under a uv light. It lasts for 4 weeks.

MISTYM1223

Just be careful at Avalon. I have gone there a few times and after the last two times of my nails looking like crap I'm not going back. The first couple of times were fine, but it seems like there is either high turn around or the owner is letting new people without a lot of experience work on people. I never had the same person and the quality got worse and worse with each new person I had. If you do go there ask for Tony, he seems to know what he's doing.

I totally agree with you. I used to love Avalon until recently. I have had two pedicures that haven't lasted two weeks. The last nail tech barely filed my nails so they were crooked. She seemed like she was in a huge rush and there wasn't even anyone waiting. Needless to say, I am not going there anymore. I went to spa nails in Prince Frederick (next to Verizon Wireless) and my pedicure still looked great after 6 weeks.

jamaju2

I totally agree with you. I used to love Avalon until recently. I have had two pedicures that haven't lasted two weeks. The last nail tech barely filed my nails so they were crooked. She seemed like she was in a huge rush and there wasn't even anyone waiting. Needless to say, I am not going there anymore. I went to spa nails in Prince Frederick (next to Verizon Wireless) and my pedicure still looked great after 6 weeks.

I know!! Well glad I'm not just being picky or something and someone feels the same way, lol...I might just have to try that place in PF, thanks!

C

CalvertNewbie

Have you gotten an acrylic fill at Spa Nails, wondering if they do a good job with that too? 6 weeks is a long time for a pedicure to look great!

To the OP - I've been going to Fashion Nails in PF (shopping center with Green Turtle & Sakura) and I've been happy with them. I go to Lee, many people seem to ask for Mike (the owner) also. Make an appoinment or be prepared to wait. They're closed Sundays.

MISTYM1223

Have you gotten an acrylic fill at Spa Nails, wondering if they do a good job with that too? 6 weeks is a long time for a pedicure to look great!

I couldn't believe that it lasted that long. I get the french pedicure because you can't tell when the nails have grown out.

I have never had acrylic done there before.