A Lost World in Indonesia Yields Riches for Scientists

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That is a cool story. I just hope that the area does not get exploited by an Indonesian government hungry for "eco tourism" money. Some things were meant to be left alone.

ylexot

Super Genius
CMC122 said:
Wouldn't it be so awesome to have a hook up for that:lol:
Yes it would. I almost won a photo vacation to Costa Rica on eBay (the winning bid was ~$20 more than my max). Six days in Costa Rica with hotel and airfare and a professional photographer to show you around and teach you...went for a little over $2k! :doh:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Way cool.

The father of a friend of mine was stationed on New Guinea during WWII. He was a butterfly collector. He had butterflies in his collection that the Smithsonian wanted, because their entomologist had never seen them before. They were new species. He told me a story of running through the jungle after a butterfly and coming on a spider web that was between trees across the trail. He said the spider was bigger than a dinner plate and there were birds caught in the web. Chilling thought; how would you like to walk into that web some dark night.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I saw this last night. Too cool! They said the animals there weren't even afraid of humans. I sure hope we humans don't exploit it and mess it all up.